"Accurate" "experienced" readers

VGimlet

I kind of agree that the whole idea of accuracy is sort of a....hmmm....pat on the back I don't really need. The cards tell me what they tell me.

As an experiment I did a whole year of daily draws and went back and made comments on how accurate they were after a month, and then after a year. I think my initial results were about 75 percent accurate, and over time ended up being a little over 80 percent. It was more just out of curiosity - because I enjoy statistics, just for kicks....

I only occasionally have those flashes of perfect clarity, when I can tell people totally concrete things I have no way of knowing. (And why oh why can't those flashes be about the winning Powerball numbers, I ask you???!)

Aside from my arguably flawed experiment, having people want me to read for them again is a good indicator readings help them.

I think it's kind of peek behind the veil, whatever the veil is. Sometimes a kind of counseling session. People are really curious and sometimes a bit disappointed it's not more "woo-woo", if you know what I mean. :p

cmarie

How about both? But also, maybe "confession" and absolution, a non-judgemental ear, a safe place to utter dark secrets alound, the possibility to "touch" the mysterious sacred eternal energy of the universe, or just some compassionate human touch when holding hands at the beginning (for the readers who do that -- I don't but I think it's beautiful).

All of these could end up being so much more significant than "accuracy," which is the mind, rather than the heart.

Yes, this is so true. And in that sense I have been reading for most of my life. I started with cards about twenty years ago, but did not really devote to it until about five years ago. I learned through experience that I don't really need the cards to read, if that makes sense. But I love the cards and I think it adds quite a bit to the conversation. The cards certainly make it more fun and interesting for me.

I hope I haven't veered off topic too much. : )