Circle For Unorthodox Readers

LadyZelda

Important Announcement

Empath, before you post your combinations, please read the PM I sent you about it.

For all other members, please, do not post about the combinations right now, wait until I place a final announcement about it.

Thanks! :D

celticnoodle

Just returned from our vacation and looking at a ton of laundry to do tomorrow. we still do not have our new washer and dryer, so I'll be hanging out at the laundry mat all day tomorrow, I think. :rolleyes: but, glad to have read this, so I won't start till you post more. I'm eager to get onto it though! :D

LadyZelda

Announcement About Our Study

Good to have you back Celticnoodle!;) Please, read the PM I sent you explaining the changes in our study :D

For this session, we will post our interpretation of:

-The Clover

and

- The Ship

Everyone can do so, all the way to Friday as next Saturday we will move on to the next card or cards (if we see that we can study 2 cards per week ;) )

Empath111

Good to have you back Celticnoodle!;) Please, read the PM I sent you explaining the changes in our study :D

-The Clover

and

- The Ship

Everyone can do so, all the way to Friday as next Saturday we will move on to the next card or cards (if we see that we can study 2 cards per week ;) )

Perfect!! :)

celticnoodle

Will do and excited about getting back into this! :)

LadyZelda

2- The Clover

Here is my interpretation of the Clover using the Mystical Lenormand.

2- The Clover

Interpretation of symbolisms:

Right upper corner, we have an arrow symbol. Possibly the planetary symbol of “Mars” even if the circle isn’t clearly shown; if it would be so, then it gives a detail about having a quick mind to “seize” lucky opportunities, being energetic being a "go getter".

Possibly, astrological sign of The Sagittarius: This symbol invites us to be optimistic and hopeful, anything linked to luck requires a positive, optimistic mind to carry through, be adventurous ready to jump in the water, in other words if luck passes by, seize it, act on it, buy that lottery ticket, act fast because it won’t wait on you!

The arrow in general represents:
Speed, aiming for a target, getting what you want as long as you quickly act and shoot your arrow right on target.

The 4 leaf Clover:
This is a well-known good luck charm, fulfillment of wishes… these clovers are dancing and seem very happy. Happiness is linked to this strike of luck. They invite us to rejoice at the opportunity, at luck that is at our door. There are 3 of clover plants showing prosperity, increase.
And the fact that they are in full bloom also indicates that whatever we have started will prosper, things are ripe for the taking, and behind the clovers is radiance, so it is like all has been set up for good fortune, the energy of the universe has been set in motion to give us success. Magic is in the air!
The fact that they are “red clovers” (as opposed to the white clovers) indicates vitality, being active, energetic and also the red clover in itself is a very nutritious plant, as a forage it is very satisfying to livestock. Which symbolically would mean that we would be very satisfied with the end results, whatever happens will bring contentment.

The 2 ladybugs:
They are symbol of luck, and love. 2 of them talks about unity telling us also to cooperate with the universe as luck knocks at our door, if we want to get the benefits from it. Ladybugs are believed to be messengers between the physical realm and spiritual realm. When you are “lucky” to have one land on you, it is the sign that you are invited to express your desires, wishes, request to the “universe” or any deity you worship. Thus, you are supposed to tell all about it to the Ladybug which will carry this message for you; and you are also assured to have your request answered, or to see your desire or wish come true.
The Ladybug also speaks of “seizing” the moment, because it won’t stay on you all day long! You are supposed to act quickly before it flies away.

General meaning:

Luck in any area, doors are opening wide, success, positive turn of a situation, things are blooming, progressing in the right direction, prosperity, opportunity, sudden turn of the wheel for the better, improvement, gambling, winning if one participate in any gambling, drawing, or game. This card has a symbol of speed attached to it, thus it invite to “seize” the opportunity, to step in as soon as the door of luck opens because it will not remain like that.

Health:
A turn for the better, good health. Herbal remedies are suggested.

Financial:
Lucky gain, sudden outpouring of money, lucky investment, prosperity

Love:
Finding a partner when not expecting it, being at the right time at the right place to meet someone, a relationship gets another chance. Now is the time to declare your flame, don't miss the opportunity!...

Career:
Unexpected opportunity, luck with a job application, promotion granted, get the job you dreamed of and that seemed inaccessible

Spiritually:
Time to contact the spiritual realm, you will be heard. Good connection with the spiritual realm. Happy spiritual endeavors, opportunity to bloom spiritually.

Timing:
Quick.

(It is said: sudden and unexpected within 4 days, or that the number 2 can indicate 2 days, 2 weeks, etc…)

The 6 of Diamond in the Carta Mundi:
Speaks of gifts, rewards, financial gain. The suit of Diamond is linked to finance and material things.

Question:
Does any of you know for sure if the arrow symbol in the right upper corner is about the planetary or astrological symbol or just an arrow??? ;)

celticnoodle

-The Clover

and

- The Ship

Okay, the Clover and The Ship--

First The Clover:

Overall, this card leaves me feeling happy and content. The clover flower in my Lenromand deck, (The Mystical Lenormand) seems to be dancing with two other clover flowers that are carried by two lady bugs. the whole scene just feels good.

Now, I realize I didn't do this interpretation with all these factors in the first card--so will do so from now on.

Health: Good health, and perhaps because the flowers seem to be rejoicing in a sort of dance, perhaps it could even mean a return to good health. I couldn't help but to see a part of what LZ posted on this and it is invading my thoughts, so I will put down also that it could indicate herbal remedies being used. I'd especially think this now that I read it by LZ, because I also know that clover is an herb that can be used for many ailments.

Financial: Since the clover is also thought of as a good luck symbol, and especially if it is a 4 leaf clover, which in my card the main clover is a 4 leaf clover, I'd say there is a strong possibility of financial gain here in this card. some luck coming the clients way.

Love: As card for love, I feel again it would be indicative of happiness and content in love--any love relationship--not just a man/woman love relationship, but among any relationship. It also seems to indicate a parental relationship, as the main clover flower is large and the two smaller clover flowers are on either side of the large one, which gives an idea of mother/child or father/child relationship to me. This could further my thoughts of a feeling of protection and guidance, and especially with the two lady bugs holding the smaller clover flowers. Perhaps it may even mean spiritual guidance under the direction of a parent or another?

Career: a guidance counselor or counselor of any type perhaps. A spirit guide/spiritual guidance person, such as a priest or shaman or other spiritually led guide. A director of sorts who directs in such a way that it is always pleasant. Also something to do with theatre or dance--as these clover flowers seem to be dancing or could be giving a performance.

Spiritually: Again, as I mentioned above under the heading of love--This could further my thoughts of a feeling of protection and guidance, and especially with the two lady bugs holding the smaller clover flowers. Perhaps it may even mean spiritual guidance under the direction of a parent or another? Also, lady bugs are symbolic of the Blessed Mother, in fact they were apparently given the name "Lady Bug" in honor of the BM. So, I would have to consider this as well in the reading if this card appeared. Maybe it could even mean motherly love and guidance?

Timing: I have to fall back on the fact of going with the number '2' here on the card would lead me to say timing would be a '2'. This could be 2 days, 2weeks, 2 months, or 2yrs. Though because it is also a very green colored card, this makes me feel like the season would be spring. Though I also keep thinking the 2nd month of the year--February.

Question:
Does any of you know for sure if the arrow symbol in the right upper corner is about the planetary or astrological symbol or just an arrow???

Yes, these are the planetary & astrological symbols for each of the cards. the arrow on the clover card is assigned to the planet Mars, which shows passion. here is a site that I found that has the glyphs that are on some of the cards covered. I'm not sure what to think of the symbols that are on the other cards, such as the ship. The ship card has the symbol IX in the upper right hand corner--but not sure what it should symbolize, unless you just go with the number symbolism on this?

http://vicdicara.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/symbols-and-glyphs-of-astrology/

I didn't even think of this before and it may be wise to do so, of course. perhaps this website I mentioned above will help us further--or perhaps someone knows of a better site?

Now for the ship:

Over all the ship naturally conjures up feelings of travel--and especially travel abroad for me, as the sails are quite full and no site of land in this card. A whale swims close by the ship, giving feeling of this being on the ocean sailing. I know whales are symbolic of compassion and spiritualism. they are also symbolic of a creative person. The water in this card speaks of emotions, and because the whale is a large creature, perhaps it can also speak of the need to deal with some emotional baggage that is needed to be dealt with? Overall, this picture, (and the whale in it) seems to be a happy card, so it may be the emotions needing to be dealt with have a happy feeling tied to it? it looks almost like the whale is smiling, so it could indicate that the client has dealt with something emotional or perhaps has finally found a way to do so, since the whale is swimming in tune w/the ship? full speed ahead! that is the general meaning if tied to an emotional issue.

If we are to incorporate the number 9 as written in the corner, then indeed, it could suggest that we have found the answer, as the number nine is symbolic of completeness and attainment of goals. So, for this card, we can assume that if it is dealing with an emotional issue, the client has found a way to understand and move on in life that is beneficial for them.

Health: this card would suggest moving from a hard emotional time to a better future--possibly with some exercising/(think water and swimming/exercising? & fresh air?).

Financial: due to the whale and the nine symbol, I'd say that with some creativity from the client, things will be moving in the direction of a better and more secure future. Possibly requiring some traveling/relocation for the client as well.

Love: As far as love goes, I don't necessarily see this as a couples coming together card, but perhaps it is speaking of a good long relationship. as I mentioned before, it shows attainment--so perhaps it would speak of the current relationship one is in will be a long happy one? however, I do not believe whales mate for life, so this throws the card out of sync a bit with that, doesn't it? something more to explore I think.

Career: one that would involve a lot of traveling or perhaps something involving ships and/or fishing.

Spiritually: a very spiritual card this one--with the water, the ship and the whale. We all associate water with emotions and spiritualism too--water is essential for life after all and thought of as a great spiritual cleanser. whales are also symbolic of life and death--so I could see this as a spiritual breakthrough with the spiritual side of things for a client if this card popped up. ships can be seen as exploring ones emotions, if you dream of ships, so I would have to consider this as well.

Timing: perhaps assigning it to the 9th month (September?) or 9 days, 9weeks, 9mos. Even perhaps a time astrologically speaking of a water sign--Pisces (feb), end of June/July for Cancer, and end of October-Nov for Scorpio.

okay, well after posting my thoughts on both cards, I went back to read LZs and see you only did the clover. Perhaps you are still going to do the ship as well and just didn't get the time yet? your PM to me does state two cards each week--so I'll be patient and hope I didn't jump the gun! :)

LadyZelda

3- The Ship

okay, well after posting my thoughts on both cards, I went back to read LZs and see you only did the clover. Perhaps you are still going to do the ship as well and just didn't get the time yet? your PM to me does state two cards each week--so I'll be patient and hope I didn't jump the gun! :)

You did just fine! :D I had only done the Clover and had to study the Ship but got caught up with unexpected things...
But I'm now ready to copy/paste my study on the Ship so here we go!;)

3- The Ship

Right upper corner, this time we have 9 as it is written as a Roman numeral, I believe it must be to make a difference with just a number and to emphasize its symbolism. So far the artist has placed on this corner the planetary symbol of Mercury with the Rider, possibly the one of Mars (unless it would be for the sign of the Sagittarius) on the Clover. If this is a pattern, then this has to be related to either planet or astrology signs and in that case, I’ll say this is one of the astrological houses, thus the 9th House. And it does make sense as the 9th house is following the theme of The Ship. The 9th house is related to far away travels, higher ideals, can be physical or spiritual, etc…

This ship is accompanied by a whale: The whale speaks of a spiritual journey, embracing the unknown, relates to unconscious mind, deep spiritual connection, deeper awareness, calm…Therefore, this Ship is not just about an actual physical trip, it can be about a spiritual journey. The weather is clement, the whale adds to the sense of calmness. Also the whale as come up to get back oxygen thus to breathe deeply, it swims in among the waves so it tells me to keep my peace even when things don’t go very smooth in my life journey.

The Cross on the sail: This speaks of ascension, spiritual navigation (for deeper knowledge, to re-center ourselves) – cyclical navigation: the 4 seasons of life as we travel through them, spiritual connection, rising (vertical arm of the cross) and setting of consciousness (horizontal arm of the cross), transition, balance.

Flags: red: life, actions, energy, enthusiasm – blue: peace, healing, inspiration – green: growth, youth, adventure – white lines on the sails: cleansing, enlightenment, purity, peace. Thus, the flags give us clues about which direction are we going, what is the purpose of this journey.

The winds are favorable and blowing nicely on the sails, so no matter what this is a positive card and the right winds are blowing.

General meaning:

This picture gives a sense of peace, of adventure, tells us that we are “on our way”, that we are sailing to new horizons. We might discover something, meet new people, modify our present course of action, our current life. It speaks of changes, of going further, relocating. It speaks also of freedom, of dreams, and goals, imaginations. People coming into our life or leaving it. Foreign contacts. Can speak of our life journey in general, of a spiritual journey, or a typical trip, other cards of course will really determine the nature of that journey. Can also speak of vacations, of contact with distant relationship, people living far away from us, something, or someone coming to us or leaving us.

Also that life is not just a “calm sea” as the sea is very calm by the horizon but is wavy in the foreground of the picture where the whale swims. Our journeys will be made of diverse cycles, calm or tumultuous we must keep sailing towards our destination, our goal. This card has some of the same themes as the Rider. For the Rider also there was a hint that on his journey he would encounter many different things but that he remained peaceful through it all.

Now, personally I will interpret the direction toward which the ship is sailing when combining with other cards. That is probably not doing it “by the book” but this is my way…and I believe that if I set up that symbolism, the oracle will respond to it and the right cards will fall on the left and right of the Ship to convey the right message (just like for the Rider). Thus, I would interpret a card on the left of the Ship as the direction to which one goes, and on the right as something one leaves.

Health:

Going away for a treatment, time to take a break go in vacation and resource ourselves, need for a change of course of action, need to go away from cities and go out where the air is pure, need to free our minds, water therapy, remedies or diet related to the ocean.

Financial:

Moving further ahead, making investment in new areas, money transaction with other countries, money coming to us from a distant source, using money for travel purposes.

Love:

Changes in our love life, leaving a present relationship or vice versa, moving ahead in a relationship, meeting someone on a trip, having a relationship with someone living far away from us, moving away from loved ones, or toward them (if they live far away and the ship point to the right card), keeping distance in a relationship or time for a couple to take a break and favor their intimacy with a “second honeymoon”, going on a cruise with a mate.

Career:

Having a traveling job, a career involving travel like pilots, flight attendants, working on a boat, The Navy, travelling agent, doing business with people that are not close by, internet sales, business travel, leaving an actual job for something different.

Spiritually:

Sailing to new horizon, going further, spiritual awareness, exploring new level of spirituality, changing the course of our spiritual life and/or beliefs, choosing to get out of the "religious box", turning to foreign, different spirituality, going on a retreat...

Timing:

The ship gives an idea of longer timing. Moreover, a ship like the one on the card took about 1 month to travel cross Atlantic and a steam boat like the France, Queen Mary, etc…took about 5 days. So, I would interpret that things will take some time.

Now, it is time for me to read what you discovered ;)

celticnoodle

3- The Ship

Right upper corner, this time we have 9 as it is written as a Roman numeral, I believe it must be to make a difference with just a number and to emphasize its symbolism. So far the artist has placed on this corner the planetary symbol of Mercury with the Rider, possibly the one of Mars (unless it would be for the sign of the Sagittarius) on the Clover. If this is a pattern, then this has to be related to either planet or astrology signs and in that case, I’ll say this is one of the astrological houses, thus the 9th House. And it does make sense as the 9th house is following the theme of The Ship. The 9th house is related to far away travels, higher ideals, can be physical or spiritual, etc…

ah! see, I don't know much at all about astrology or the charts, (I leave this to my sister, who is really into all that stuff! perhaps I should buy her a Lenormand deck! :p) So, I learned something big already--from your first paragraph here. :D thank you!

This ship is accompanied by a whale: The whale speaks of a spiritual journey, embracing the unknown, relates to unconscious mind, deep spiritual connection, deeper awareness, calm…Therefore, this Ship is not just about an actual physical trip, it can be about a spiritual journey. The weather is clement, the whale adds to the sense of calmness. Also the whale as come up to get back oxygen thus to breathe deeply, it swims in among the waves so it tells me to keep my peace even when things don’t go very smooth in my life journey.

The Cross on the sail: This speaks of ascension, spiritual navigation (for deeper knowledge, to re-center ourselves) – cyclical navigation: the 4 seasons of life as we travel through them, spiritual connection, rising (vertical arm of the cross) and setting of consciousness (horizontal arm of the cross), transition, balance.

Flags: red: life, actions, energy, enthusiasm – blue: peace, healing, inspiration – green: growth, youth, adventure – white lines on the sails: cleansing, enlightenment, purity, peace. Thus, the flags give us clues about which direction are we going, what is the purpose of this journey.

The winds are favorable and blowing nicely on the sails, so no matter what this is a positive card and the right winds are blowing.

General meaning:

This picture gives a sense of peace, of adventure, tells us that we are “on our way”, that we are sailing to new horizons. We might discover something, meet new people, modify our present course of action, our current life. It speaks of changes, of going further, relocating. It speaks also of freedom, of dreams, and goals, imaginations. People coming into our life or leaving it. Foreign contacts. Can speak of our life journey in general, of a spiritual journey, or a typical trip, other cards of course will really determine the nature of that journey. Can also speak of vacations, of contact with distant relationship, people living far away from us, something, or someone coming to us or leaving us.

Also that life is not just a “calm sea” as the sea is very calm by the horizon but is wavy in the foreground of the picture where the whale swims. Our journeys will be made of diverse cycles, calm or tumultuous we must keep sailing towards our destination, our goal. This card has some of the same themes as the Rider. For the Rider also there was a hint that on his journey he would encounter many different things but that he remained peaceful through it all.

Now, personally I will interpret the direction toward which the ship is sailing when combining with other cards. That is probably not doing it “by the book” but this is my way…and I believe that if I set up that symbolism, the oracle will respond to it and the right cards will fall on the left and right of the Ship to convey the right message (just like for the Rider). Thus, I would interpret a card on the left of the Ship as the direction to which one goes, and on the right as something one leaves.

I fully agree! and, yes, as the ship is facing the left, I'd say it is traveling in that direction, so I'd do the same thing. Generally, I look at the left as something in the past, and the right as something in the future, but in this case, I think I'd do it as you stated here too.

Health:

Going away for a treatment, time to take a break go in vacation and resource ourselves, need for a change of course of action, need to go away from cities and go out where the air is pure, need to free our minds, water therapy, remedies or diet related to the ocean.

Financial:

Moving further ahead, making investment in new areas, money transaction with other countries, money coming to us from a distant source, using money for travel purposes.

Love:

Changes in our love life, leaving a present relationship or vice versa, moving ahead in a relationship, meeting someone on a trip, having a relationship with someone living far away from us, moving away from loved ones, or toward them (if they live far away and the ship point to the right card), keeping distance in a relationship or time for a couple to take a break and favor their intimacy with a “second honeymoon”, going on a cruise with a mate.

Career:

Having a traveling job, a career involving travel like pilots, flight attendants, working on a boat, The Navy, travelling agent, doing business with people that are not close by, internet sales, business travel, leaving an actual job for something different.

Spiritually:

Sailing to new horizon, going further, spiritual awareness, exploring new level of spirituality, changing the course of our spiritual life and/or beliefs, choosing to get out of the "religious box", turning to foreign, different spirituality, going on a retreat...

Timing:

The ship gives an idea of longer timing. Moreover, a ship like the one on the card took about 1 month to travel cross Atlantic and a steam boat like the France, Queen Mary, etc…took about 5 days. So, I would interpret that things will take some time.

Now, it is time for me to read what you discovered ;)

very interesting! Now, looking forward to Empaths thoughts on the cards too.

LadyZelda

Note

Once you are done studying and are ready to post; if you are not the first one posting and find out that another member who posted already interpreted the cards about the same way you did....Please, do not refrain from posting your study! It is still beneficial for the others to read it, even the parts that are similar.
We are bound to discover similar things, and that just means that we are "on the same page" spiritually, that the Oracle just speaks the same way to us. It is actually very interesting when this happens!

Also, don't worry about not reading the posts before posting yours, which is what I do... You might miss a question but it's Ok, as you will see it nonetheless once you post. If you wrote a question that your study brought up and see no response to it right away; keep in mind that it is not that I ignored it but because I'd rather wait to read your study until I have finished mine....I think it is the best way for me to give it a good shot on my own;)
The same is true for the question I added when I posted my interpretation of the Clover. It is only now, that I have completed my study for this session that I was able to see that Celticnoodle had answered it!

Anyhow, that is what I wanted to say for now. I still have to read carefully what you posted as so far I've just browsed through it...but I need to go back to my daily tasks for a while:( so, I'll do that later on:)

Thanks for your participation :D