Crystals need a break, too...

linnie

Pardon the pun, Glass Owl... the wording may seem severe, but it is true. I have had a couple of crystals that have broken... and when I look at the why of it, it seems all too apparent, really.

If everything is energy, which I believe it is, and if crystals make us feel calmer, more energised, or whatever way we choose to feel, by selecting that crystal, then I would expect that that crystal is balancing the energies for us.

Sometimes, the crystal just becomes too stressed. They need cleansing, which can be done by letting them rest in the moonlight, or in the sun (as long as they are sun 'fast' crystals). If one breaks, it is a good thing to gentle it back into the Earth, where it can heal and be healed.

Sometimes, a crystal may leave your life simply because it doesn't belong with you. The previous owner's energy, or the energy of the shop it came from, may never have been cleared from it, and so it wasn't compatible with your energy....

Also, as others have mentioned, if a young one is reaching for a crystal, please nurture that interest. Crystals are so yummy...

MCsea

Agreed :)
Crystals need time out - they like a change of scenery too and they often tell us they need to move on to help others...
its kinda hard for me to explain I like the quote
"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. "
Buddha

I feel crystals are the same -but we cant hold on to one candle forever.. it needs to be shared :)

Marina

linnie

MCsea said:
Agreed :)
Happiness never decreases by being shared. "
Buddha

Marina

Absolutely!!! I love crystals... and constantly seek them out, and play with them... While I do have a good many crystal companions that live with me for many years, many others stay with me for a short-term only, as I am often just a go-between to link someone else up with a particular crystal... and if that person then passes the crystal on to another... wonderful!!! :)

Sometimes, the same crystal even comes back to me, years after it first spread its wings!!! :)

MCsea

linnie said:
Absolutely!!! I love crystals... and constantly seek them out, and play with them... While I do have a good many crystal companions that live with me for many years, many others stay with me for a short-term only, as I am often just a go-between to link someone else up with a particular crystal... and if that person then passes the crystal on to another... wonderful!!! :)

Sometimes, the same crystal even comes back to me, years after it first spread its wings!!! :)

this happens to me too - crystals finding their way back to me - love it
blessings
Marina