The Quest Tarot - Son of Cups

sunflowr

Starting this thread for the Son of Cups, because I was wanting to do a comparitive reading with the Knight of Cups. In this deck, he is a son and a "seeker". Around him are snowy mountains. Long twisty flights of stairs directly in back of him. A snake is coiled up on the ground in front of him. In the foreground are what I think are jasmine flowers. 2 diamonds and a cup can also be seen hovering in the air in front of him, as well as what appears to be orange bubbles. (??).

What else do you see and what feelings do you get from him? He is a seeker and is free to explore any of those stairways and see where they lead to.

sunflowr

WoW!!

After having read the book description on him.. wow, he is ME!! The snake in front of him indicates his need to shed his inertia before he can pursue any of his goals. Just as I need to do! He has many lofty goals, he needs to decide what path to take, and he needs to shed his skin and go for it! He needs to let go of his sadness.

prk001

The son is kneeling down here in front of a pile of snow and rocks.There is a snake on the snow & another one at the bottom left corner behind the flower.
Anybody knows what the snakes indicate here?

There are 3 different spiral staircases going upwards towards the sky and one snow capped mountain-way leading up towards the sky too. He has four stairways to heaven. :D All he need to do is get on one of them to reach heaven. He looks more like a explorer who is about the start his journey.

If all his goals are to reach heaven, then why does he need four different paths to reach there. He wants to experience all the different paths that lead to his ultimate goal. He is a person who revels in the journey itself rather than the goal or destination.

There is a beam of light & 2 diamonds and a golden cup are floating in that beam of light.
Any one seeing any significance of these objects in the beam of light?
probably the beam is showing him a glimpse of the brilliance of heaven. Does he needs to be lured by the heavens (by showing their brilliance) so that he will take a journey there? I don't think so. He wants to explore & reach heavens just as much as the heavens want him to reach them.

prk001

sunflowr said:
Starting this thread for the Son of Cups, because I was wanting to do a comparitive reading with the Knight of Cups.
Wow... thats a nice idea. :)
Can you tell me what is the purpose of such a comparison? Does it show some new facets of the cards? Just curious to know. :)

What else do you see and what feelings do you get from him? He is a seeker and is free to explore any of those stairways and see where they lead to.
Sounds similar to the thoughts I have posted. :D

The snake in front of him indicates his need to shed his inertia before he can pursue any of his goals.
That answers my question about the snakes. :)

He needs to let go of his sadness.
What makes you feel that he is sad? Curious, again... :)

L&L,
RK

sunflowr

prk001 said:

There are 3 different spiral staircases going upwards towards the sky and one snow capped mountain-way leading up towards the sky too. He has four stairways to heaven. :D

He must be a big Led Zeppelin fan. ;)

Love your card desciption. :)

sunflowr

Re: Re: The Quest Tarot - Son of Cups

prk001 said:
Wow... thats a nice idea. :)
Can you tell me what is the purpose of such a comparison? Does it show some new facets of the cards? Just curious to know. :)

Sounds similar to the thoughts I have posted. :D

That answers my question about the snakes. :)

What makes you feel that he is sad? Curious, again... :)

L&L,
RK

I am using Hanson Roberts tarot but want to learn Quest. So I use what I am comfy and familiar with and then compare it with with the Quest version. And yes, also to gain extra meaning.

He doestn look sad to me but the book says he is. ;p Seriously, I think I know what he is going through since I am in many ways him. I have lofty dreams, I have opportunities, but I feel this "heaviness" on me.. and need to shed my inertia. In many ways, feels like sadness. The book says he is sad because his lofty dreams havent been realized.

prk001

Re: Re: Re: The Quest Tarot - Son of Cups

sunflowr said:
He must be a big Led Zeppelin fan. ;)

Love your card desciption. :)
I myself thought about that when I was posting it. :D

sunflowr said:
I am using Hanson Roberts tarot but want to learn Quest. So I use what I am comfy and familiar with and then compare it with with the Quest version. And yes, also to gain extra meaning.
I got it, I think I was not in my senses fully when I posted it. :D
I didn't realize that the Son & the Knight were the same.

He doestn look sad to me but the book says he is. ;p Seriously, I think I know what he is going through since I am in many ways him. I have lofty dreams, I have opportunities, but I feel this "heaviness" on me.. and need to shed my inertia. In many ways, feels like sadness. The book says he is sad because his lofty dreams havent been realized.
I haven't noticed the sadness in him, even after looking at your message. Maybe, I haven't yet felt what he is feeling right now. Thats why I am not able to see him truly as he is. :)