Playing Marseille Tarot on kickstarter...

Shade

One wonders... will the bonus card be a happy squirrel?

ryanofcups

Thank you all for the compliments! So glad my concept came across, as I do hardly differentiate playing cards from Tarot myself. Also very excited to receive my BRuT Tarot from Uusi. I had been working on this for while before I saw their deck, and reached out to them to explain. They are swell people who not only understood, but have backed the limited Playing Marseille themselves!

If I may, I'll try and help answer some questions. The limited editions will be printed on letterpress, which is where the bulk of the budget goes. The printing for 500 of the Marseille alone (not included the tuck-box, packaging, shipping, fees, etc) is $8-9k as it uses 5 plates. While I did figure my time to paint each Lenormand (2 hours per deck) into the individual price, that was NOT included in the $22k goal.

They won't use black-core, but an art paper ("French Paper" brand) which can riffle (I had 6 blank decks made to try out). Although, if you like your decks mint, then maybe don't riffle as the do curve overtime (but personally, I like my decks 'broken in'). They aren't a cotton-rag, but if you have the hand-screened Dodal, the stocks are somewhat similar. But if a better stock comes along, I will see what the options are.

Again, thanks for the conversation and kind words! Much appreciated.

And yes, the limited-edition 'Kickstarter-only' card will be a Happy Squirrel.

Debra

I like them too. A letter press printing is really special. But I don't see how the decks are related to one another--what am I missing?

ryanofcups

There are three decks, all stand alone. Although the Marseille can double as a playing card deck.

Dan S

It looks like the Lenormand could also stand as a card deck also, with the additional cards provided? Or am I reading this wrong?

(Not that I would want to use the hand-painted lenormand as a playing card deck)

magpie9

The are lovely...watching with great interest and hopefully will have a bit spare money to throw in the pot.
Very best whishes.
Wonderful work.

Philistine

What shall the back designs be, if any?

ryanofcups

I'm suppose you could use the Lenormand as a playing card pack. Believe the Game of Hope was intended to double as such. Mainly I wanted to add those extra "gypsy" cards, so it only made sense they included card insets as well, I include those in my readings.

There will be backs! In development but should be revealed before it ends. I can say they wI'll be a small repeating pattern, not one big design.

ryanofcups

I suppose you could use the Lenormand as a playing card pack. Believe the Game of Hope was intended to double as such. Mainly I wanted to add those extra "gypsy" cards, so it only made sense they included card insets as well, I include those in my readings.

There will be backs! In development, but should be revealed before it ends. I can say they will be a small repeating pattern, not one big design.

starlightexp

Will all the cards have the same back design?