study group application ~ capricorn

isthmus nekoi

Ah, I know this is a little early, but I'm going to be terribly busy the next few days and being *late* isn't very Capricorny isn't it? :)
The following areas to cover are: Capricorn, 10th house and Saturn.

Cappy energy is very activated in my chart: Sun conj Merc in Cap/12th, Moon in 10th/Sag and Saturn (conj Jupiter) in 8th/Lib.

Sag Moon has given me a strong desire for freedom, factor in Scorp Uranus conj MC and Aqu ASC (conj Mars) and all this adds up to being independent; intensely and aggressively so. I like volunteer work and such, but when it comes to *work* work, I must have some measure of indepedence.

12th/Cap Sun isn't harmonious w/this as I've explained in the sun/moon/ASC thread. I've read a 12th sun is made to serve others. I think for this reason, I see my art as having a very social function. I feel a real social obligation to share what I've seen, or at least *try* to share it.
Giving up the ego in another sense, I think being an artist is like being a translator for the uncon. I become a conduit; this entails having to learn to give up the ego entirely. So the core of my being (sun) is really about "not being" at all, and working hard at it like a good Capricorn should! I've had to learn that the greatest liberation and attainment only comes w/the *conscious* release of the ego which takes a lot of drive/stamina (capricorn). Not the most fun lessons I'm sure, but I'm not complaining.

My sun/merc are very poorly aspected, esp sun. In fact, it's like everyone else in my chart is having a ball except these two! Both square Jup/Sat. When I was younger, my environment was very restrictive (12th).

What else? Sun/merc in Cap means that no matter how wacky the ideas I entertain are, the bottom line is: is this practical? How can this be applied (esp in terms of social benefit/Aqu)? Sun in 12th also makes me okay w/no sunlight and being in cold, institutional environments.

Oh yes, Saturn in 8th ($$) has also made me stingy! *Impulse* buy, what's that?? :p But w/Jupiter conj, I do prefer to spend big (jup) when the product has practical uses (sat) and if the quality of the product merits (sat) its high price. Finally, w/Sat/Jup square sun, I can be overdramatic (jup); I grasp overlying structures (jup/sat) very well, but have a lousy attn for details (jup); I can act insensitively/be self absorbed (jup). I'm sure you've noticed from my posts I like talking about myself ^_~ Don't worry, about 2/3 of my chart is empty so I'm not going to talk your ear off every month!!

Moongold

I decided to have another go at this because I realised later that I haven't got some things right.

To summarize, we're looking at Capricorn, 10th House and Saturn. Saturn is relevant because it's the ruler of Capricorn and the 10th House.

My chart is this:

Capricorn Ascendant
Venus in Capricorn and the 1st House
Neptune in 10th House, square Pluto and Ascendant, sextile Mercury.
Saturn appears in my 8th House, trine Sun and Mercury, conjunct Pluto

All this sounds as if I know what I’m doing, which isn’t actually the case, but let’s take the plunge anyway.

Capricorn Asc. is a little grimmer than the Sun in Cap and probably accounts for some of the downers I’ve experienced in my life. My dad was a Cap. and had more or less the same experiences. We just assumed it was genetic. Capricorn can be grounding for someone like me with five fire signs but it can be a bit of a dampner too.

Venus in Cap. means that I give commitment carefully but once given it’s there for life. I love the sense of building a life around friends and relationships. The casual thing has never been the most rewarding experience for me. I have many long term friendships

Neptune in the 10th House means that vision is really important and it’s necessary for me to have a deep understanding of what people think. The broad-brush stuff is really significant. Can't really work without a vision. Spiritual vision, or the desire for it, is part of this Neptune influence My interest in photography probably comes from the Neptunian creative spark as well

Saturn is actually located in my 8th House which makes me a demanding manager sometimes. There is an inherent conflict here as I tend to be introverted and have trouble expressing what I want when things go wrong. Mercury in my 12th House and aspected by Neptune in the 10th helps with communication to a certain extent. Unfortunately the words are in my head or I can write them. Just have trouble speaking them sometimes LOL At times like these I dearly long for the famed Sagittarian expansiveness!

In my early 40’s I developed a fascination with IT and I now see that Saturn sextile Uranus could account for this LOL. This same aspect also influences a desire for innovation.

Saturn aspects have all sorts of other things which I'm not all that sure I care about so I won't go into them here. Wish Saturn wasn't so influential in fact.

With this astrological cauldron I feel a little like the witches in McBeth, putting new ingredients in constantly and wondering what will come out! Will I know myself?

PS: Isthmus, I very much like reading your posts and learn a lot from them, so keep talking! By the way, I'd always assumed you were a bloke until I saw your contribution to that wonderful Aeclectic tarot deck.

Moongold

Minderwiz

My wife, who is a Capricorn (with Cancer rising and Moon in Pisces) always describes Capricorn as the Mountain Goat who may have to pick its way carefully through life, dealing with the problems, having to try different ways to get to where you want to go but eventually gets to the summit in the end.

Capricorns may be serious, may need clear plans and structures but they tend to be successful, mainly because they know where they want to go and make plans as to how to get there. Its this success that makes Capricorn the natural ruler of the tenth House of career and social status. The tenth is also the House of the mother and the opposite sign to Capricorn is Cancer, the nurturing, protective, maternal sign.

There are some arguments about the placing of father and mother in the Astrological Wheel. My placement of Mother in the tenth (opposite the father in the fourth) is the traditional placement. In the last century many psychological astrologers swapped these and put the Mother in fourth and father in the tenth (Mother at home and father at work). In recent years though this has again been reconsidered, Howard Sasportas looked at putting the caring parent in the fourth and the earning parent in the tenth but even Liz Greene is moving back towards Father in fourth (family and property) and mother in tenth (partner of the father).

lunalafey

There are some arguments about the placing of father and mother in the Astrological Wheel......Mother in the tenth (opposite the father in the fourth).....In recent years though this has again been reconsidered, Howard Sasportas looked at putting the caring parent in the fourth and the earning parent in the tenth

This is interesting...For me it could go either way
My 10th house(empty), Gemini(Mercury). My Father was a Gemini. Sag. is the sign on the 4th hs. cusp. Capi(Saturn) with the Sun and Mercury conjunct. Saturn in Aries squares the Sun. Both bodies represent the father. My father also had Saturn in Aries.
I have mentioned before the difficult relationship with my father. My father was the stay at home parent and it was my mother that supported the family.
My son, who comes from two Capi. parents, is an Aries and has Saturn in Capricorn, total opposite from me sign wise. I have not checked to see is the composits have oppositions though. Regardless, my son is definatly challenge, talk about butting heads!
Mercury conjuncts the Sun and it was/is the lines of communication that cause the disharmony in these child/partent relationships.
I am just starting to work in houses. When I first got into astrology I had a tough first book and the concept of houses was overwhelming for one who had no idea that planets entered into the signs 'color' Put a house on top of that? TOO MUCH INFO.
So here I am, starting studies all over again and entering houses into the equation. I hope I'm adding it up right. But with the connections with home, family and father....well.
Moon in Cap. 5th Hs.(cap)
children, relationships...I take my relationships seriuosly in a manner that I don't have many because I want something secure and long term. My children are basically all I need and everything I do, I do for them.
In one book I have started to read, it says that sometimes it is easier to think of the chart
as the house(self)and the houses(areas of life) are rooms within the house 'decorated' by the sign on the cusp. Being my fourth 'room' is a capi room about family and home, it's no wonder that my home is decorated by river rocks, seashells and driftwood, etc. in all the corners. My ultimate goal, a piece of land to homestead up on a mountain. (Sag. 4th Hs. Mercury associations)
As for being that Mountain Goat, I fully agree with your wife, Minder. It is a slow climb and we take each step with caution. No matter how how unstable the ground is under our feet, the top of that mountain is our goal and the determination will not waver. Because of our slow and methodic pace we are able to find an alternate route.

isthmus nekoi

oh dear, Moongold, don't encourage me ^_~

As for the parent thing, I find this interesting b/c I would say my father has always been *both* the breadwinner and emotional support when I was growing up. I read something about Saturn (10th ruler) square sun indicating problems w/the father figure; oh ho ho, my father and I have always had our marked differences when it came to belief systems, values etc. We've never seen eye to eye and we still don't! But he's learned to accept the way I think and of course, patriarch isn't a four letter word in my vocab anymore :p

lunalafey, I know what you mean about needing to clear up the relationships b/w houses, signs and planets. I find analogies invaluable for sorting this out. Rooms is a good one. Minderwiz has also likened the planet to an actor, the sign the role the actor has to play, and the house as the nature of the play itself.

More substantial thoughts when the holiday rush is over...

meatbox666

I swear my hand to Cronos that Capricorns are the best in bed. Oh they are sooo freaking nasty ( good nasty).

zander770

assuming--and: i do--"feaky" is a Good Thing

meatbox666 said:
I swear my hand to Cronos that Capricorns are the best in bed. Oh they are sooo freaking nasty ( good nasty).

and assuming that you are a senient being, then, i support your comment as a Matter of Fact, for, being, myself, a true capricorn, myself.

wave Good-bye to Saturn! Bye!"

bye-bye!

~770
:TMAGE

lunalafey

Uummm...

meatbox666 said:

one might want to look deeper into a capi's chart,
perhaps to venus and scorpio.
I am a capricorn who has been with 4 capi's....my scoring would go like this 50% as per the statement above; 25% average;
25% twisted/sick.....

Minderwiz

I agree, look to the positions of Mars (sex drive) and Venus (love and affection) plus the signs and rulers of the fifth (romance and short term relationships), Seventh (Marriage) and Eighth (Pure sex)

purplelady

Minderwiz said:
My wife, who is a Capricorn

Minderwiz, as I recall you are a Libra, but I didn't know you were married to a capricorn!
I am a capricorn married to a Libra and have long sought advice on getting along with/dealing with Libra!
Please do tell , or advise!