Lenormand/Titania combinations

MareSaturni

Kara said:
miss_yuko: Thanks for the offer and I will gladly take you up on it, will pm you.

You can call me 'Yuko' only ;)

Alright...i'll be waiting for your pm!

Love,

Yuko

Kara

Is anyone here still interested - should I continue listing my combinations, or no? Honesty is quite ok(LOL:D), if the idea isn't a good one, just say no...

love,
Kara

MareSaturni

Kara said:
Is anyone here still interested - should I continue listing my combinations, or no? Honesty is quite ok(LOL:D), if the idea isn't a good one, just say no...

love,
Kara

Of course you should! Perhaps you'd like to start a new thread since this one...well, we started talking about other things here ;)
But you should continue, yeah! They are helping me a lot!

love,

~Yuko

didou

It would be very nice if you continue your combinations. They are really great and they help me a lot.

mateusblair

yes

yes kara..
just continue..
its very wonderfull your way to see the meanings of cards

michellemd

Where do i get a pack of Lenormand cards and books

Hi all! Hey Kara, ur gen on Lenormand tarot is really amazing- i wonder if u can help me with a web site where i can buy really authentic Lenormand cards and their interpretations in books (in English PLEASE!!) I live in India and have never seen any for sale. Also, is there any site that has any Lenormand tarot tutorial?? Thanks a million!

December Fairy

Kara
When you have the time please continue. I have just found this thread and I'm going to order them because of reading it. :D Or a version I can find anyway.
Thanks for posting.

Dancing Bear

Keep posting Kara

Keep posting Kara
there are new members all the time and sometimes take a while to stumble into this area, me for example. I did not know others have this deck. i have a deck from Switzerland. Booklet by S.R Kaplan the pictures are reproductions of the original set that Mlle. Lenormande used.so the booklet says. i think the pictures were reproduced by AGMuller. In my little booklet it only gives something that looks like the gypsy spread.you choose the gentleman as the querent or the lady.there is specific spot you place them in the spread and read around them, the closer the cards are to the querent the more significant. i have only ever used this and am self taught through the booklet and personal experience. it is nice to see others are interested and am reading everything and taking note of what you put here. Keep going!!

Dancing Bear:)

Mine are just called; Fortune Telling Cards of the celebrated 19th century card deviner Mlle Lenormande of Paris

priscilla

hi, it's dificult for me to read the titania card, especially the pictures don't ring a bell for me. perhaps i should learn more from you? ;)

Kara you're the best.......
i'm waiting for the other card combination. it helps me a lot, really...;)
thx to u

purple_scorp

Reading Cards Near/Far - Titania

Ooh, an old discussion on my first-ever deck of cards....the ones that brought me to Aeclectic Tarot. How could I have missed all of this? I've got a bit to share so I thought it best if I break it down into individual posts about topics that have been posted.

Moonbow* said:
I may be wrong, but in looking at the Titania meanings there doesn't seem to be so much emphasis on whether the card being read is close or far from the significator. This seems more important in reading the Lenormand... like a reversal in Tarot.

katie_here said:
There is another thing that has puzzled me about Titania meanings. The Man and Woman card. If the reading is for a woman, the woman card can indicate any woman that is important in her life, but if the man gets a man card, then it always indicates himself, never a man that is important in his life.
Titania doesn't place the emphasis on the man or woman as a "significator". The man or woman can represent different people and does not necessarily reflect yoursElf so it doesn't really matter that much where they fall in the spread in terms of how they relate to you, they need to be read in context with the surrounding cards. Like for example, if the man/woman card is with the dog, it is most probably a male/female friend. Or, with the child, it can be a man/woman with children. With the lily or fish, it could be a man/woman at your work. Of course, all of these combinations may be yoursElf - like a woman with the lily may be yoursElf in a situation at work. I guess it takes practice to discern who the man/woman represents.

katie_here said:
I've felt this too! When I've looked at the cards in combinations, some don't have a direct meaning together. Sometimes I think of making a meaning up, and sometimes I think maybe this means these cards are not significant anymore, because you can't put them together.

Kara said:
The near/far thing, I let that go, reversals too... The near far meanings didn't resonate with me, so I don't use them, and that works for me too...:))

I find that Titania does place the emphasis on the combination of the cards and how close the cards are to each other.

Like for example, if you have a nine-card spread, you read them in sentences, left to right, then in columns, then diagonally.

1, 2, 3
4, 5, 6
7, 8, 9

So you read cards 1-2-3, then 4-5-6, then 7-8-9, then 1-4-7, then 2-5-8, then 3-6-9, then 1-5-9 and 3-5-7.

Let's say you have drawn the scythe as card 2, and the coffin as card 7. Usually this combination would indicate death. However, in this case, when card combinations appear in the nine-card spread but are not in the same row/column then, you would not look at the combination meaning, but instead go with the individual card meaning.

I remember participating in a discussion on AT about the clouds and which way they were facing (in terms of being their darkest) because that was supposed to add weight to the surrounding cards. And also, the mouse, was it facing away or toward you - as it could be seen as an indication of whether the trouble was coming or passing out of your life. I guess I tend to look at the surrounding cards to gauge this opinion and take less notice of the direction that the cards are facing.

with love
purple_scorp