Two of wands?

mariaalaina

Hi,
in all honesty, the two of wands confuses me. I have no cluuuue why, but in a relationship reading, what does it mean when the two of wands pops up as one of the people in the relationship? is a change imminent in the relationship?
and the surrounding cards point to if it is positive or negative....i don't see the two of wands as a negative card, but i am just confused altogether, hopefully you can shed some light!

casia

For me it means you´ve analysed both sides of the situation and you´re ready to make up your mind, even though either decision means big sacrifices. Your gut or your intellect kinda of thing......

mariaalaina

hi! thanks!
so it makes sense kind of that for a time the hermit was symbolizing this person and now the two of wands means he is come to a decision and so soon it will be revealed?

silver_rain

If the two of wands shows up as one of the two people in a relationship, I could see it meaning one of two things:

1. This particular person is calling the shots in the relationship, he/she is the dominating person

2. This person is contemplating a choice, he/she has two passions to choose between. Possibly a third person he/she is (considering) having a romantic relationship with?

mariaalaina

he most certainly is dominating, however, in regards to a third "something" in the equation he may be choosing between, could one be a relationship with her, and the passion be remaining single? i guess that could very well be his two options...yes?

GoddessArtemis

The choice factor in the 2 of Wands can be anything, not necessarily another person (unless other cards clarify this). Normally, it can be choosing between being in a relationship or not, to compromise on an issue or not, or to...for example, putting energy and effort into the relationship versus putting that into work/career. It can be any 'two' things, but mostly it's about making plans to move in one direction or another. Take a look at the Gilded Two of Wands - the idea of choosing one path over another is clearly visible in it.

GA

mariaalaina

okay thank you so much...
i did not see another person but alot of pentacles...he is a workaholic and definitely could very well be trying to make a decision between work and relationship!

Thirteen

I'm very much in agreement with Artemis and casia. I think the important thing is that although the 2/Wands signals a choice, it usually signals one that involves the gut rather than the head. Passion rather than reason. Which means that, as Casia said, the person probably has already made up their mind. And they've made up their mind to go with their gut desire rather than with what might be wise or practical or even right. Because the choice that the person is making has to be, as Artemis said, something they can put their passion and full focus into. They can't afford to split that passion/focus.

So even though they may be pretending to ask people for advice, weighing their options and all the rest...they know what they're going to do, and in the end, nothing anyone else says is likely to change their mind.

afrosaxon

silver_rain said:
If the two of wands shows up as one of the two people in a relationship, I could see it meaning one of two things:

1. This particular person is calling the shots in the relationship, he/she is the dominating person

Interesting...in the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, the 2 of Wands is called the Nan Nan Bouclou La Flambeau, which is a Petro card (Petro = Fire = Wands in this deck).

Nan Nan Bouclou represents spiritual fire, which in this deck translates to will.

The card is usually interpreted to mean imposing your will upon another (using your will to bring change upon another), for good or bad. Basically, MAKING someone do what you want them to do, whether they like it or not.

This could be interpreted as dominance or calling the shots.

Thirteen

afrosaxon said:
The card is usually interpreted to mean imposing your will upon another (using your will to bring change upon another), for good or bad. Basically, MAKING someone do what you want them to do, whether they like it or not.

This could be interpreted as dominance or calling the shots.
I've never thought about the 2/Wands this way, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the new insight.