health and three of discs

manda78

Yesterday i did a spread on my new pregnancy. I pulled the three of discs for the something i may not know about the pregnancy and am totally lost on how to interpret this card in a health related spread. anyone have any ideas?
Blessings
Manda
ps i used the Thoth so put it in this forum- im not sure if it would go here or in the My Readings forum...sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Grigori

Can you tell us more about the rest of the spread Manda? It would be good to read it in context. I could see the 3 of Disks as several different things just by itself.

It seems a positive card for a pregnancy generally :) Strong growth, healthy pregnancy would be my first thought on that card. Maybe a quick delivery. Mars's more negative possibilities (high blood pressure, excessive bleeding, surgical interventions etc) I wouldn't expect to crop up with the 3 of Disks, as Mars is placed in Capricorn and shining wonderful with its best side in its sign of exaltation. 3 (the Empress, mother) also seems very positive in the suit of Earth.

manda78

Sure.
The reading was this:
The baby: Ace of Cups- Yea! it's a girl!

The baby's health- Ace of Swords- With the ace here i'm taking this as a positive sign. New beginnings and all.

Mother's health- Prince of Wands The prince here makes me think I will have more energy than I expect to have, but I haven't ever been good with the courts. I think of the Princes as very energetic though. But, last baby I spent nine months sleeping aside from those times I was forced to wake!

Something unknown about the pregnancy- 3 of Wands. I dont really know. The three in the Thoth is a triangle that is vaguely reminiscent of the womb, but is empty aside from the the circles on each corner. I could see in some cases how this would be considered as a third party being involved in the pregnancy, but thats certainly not the case. :)

Obviously, I am not used to doing health spreads- I would rather just go to the doc and get the lowdown from a professional lol but liked the idea of seeing what was in store this go round.
One of the things that I noticed is that all of the suits are present in the spread- Since I dont use reversals I like that each aspect of the cards are represented in the spread.
Blessings
Manda

Grigori

manda78 said:
I could see in some cases how this would be considered as a third party being involved in the pregnancy, but thats certainly not the case. :)

Have been thinking about this, and maybe it's saying "and baby makes three". Do you have any other children Manda, perhaps this card is saying your new daughter will be your only child? Martian growth being contained by the limiting energy of Capricorn/Saturn/Binah?

manda78

You know, I think your on the right track. While this isnt my only child, it will definitely be my last. I think that the card is showing strengthening bonds between my husband and I because of the pregnancy/baby, perhaps.
Manda

Walter

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law!

Hello Manda,

The aces are powers where everything is still possible. Ace of cups doesn't necessarily mean a girl, although there's a 50% chance on that :)

Three of disks is always a constructive power, so I guess that you're feeling about your 'last' child is a good one, because three of disks tells you 'something has definitely been done'. But also that it is something that feels good.

You're health will be quite alright: a prince of wands that doesn't take care of himself is as rare as refrigerator on the north pole.

The ace of swords for the health of your child isn't exactly a certainty of health, but it is a certainty of being healthy born: from then on it can go every way. Perhaps you can pull a card or two on the baby's health after delivery.

The three of wands is what you don't know... it's again a card about birth. In virtue it's about the true will being born. It's unstoppable, but it can take longer than you think. Two possibilities that I think of: it will be a real willful kid or maybe the delivery can take longer than you think. My guess it's that it's the last of the two :)

In the end: all will be well and I wish you very lovely months with that Star in your belly. It's a miracle and miracles happen every day, but real life in your belly is the miracle of miracles.

Love is the law, love under will.

Walter

balenciaga

third trimester for time (pentacles); also, "all the details are being perfected now" in the womb.

ravenest

I'll consider this;
manda78 said:
Something unknown about the pregnancy- 3 of Wands.
Manda
... a typo - I guess this is where the three of discs was?

Makes perfect sense to me, the 3 of discs in relation to a babies (as yet unborn) health.

I'm relating the three to the triangle of Saturn. Above the abyss where things are still forming and in a stage of pre (physical, external or independant) manifestation. Coming down the tree from the source of creation it is Saturn (or the Sphere of Binah) which 'gives' physical form and boundaries. Because this is a real live baby the discs seem appropriate (as opposed to a feeling or idea 'gestating').

I'd read that your baby is undergoing the natural stage of its contained development where some things need to be developed and others constrained. Yes, 'works' are indeed in progress.

Congrats Manda!

ravenest

Oh yeah .... and having one of each suit suggests to me that the baby is forming with equal influence in the four worlds, a balance of mind body individual will and emotions :)