Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Descriptions - General Discussion

Sylvie Steinbach

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome!

I will start by descriptions on individuals that appear in spreads no matter what the subject matter is: love or business.

I realize we need to look into that because a person, known or not always most likely appear in a reading and you need to know how to translate the message: physical description, character or else.

For those of you who do not have the book, it is going to be a problem. I won't do my book on this thread so you will have to figure out things. I am here to add to the book so you get some value in attending this virtual workshop.

P 179 of the book this chapter's part introduce the concept of physical look for a person. Now i hope everyone understand how to 'charge' a card and the man/woman ones. As you also should know that if you get the dog it is representing a person you already know or aware of.

Height is linked with very tall 6 feet and above or shorter than average -female or male- and it connects with the tower and the child.

Body formats connect with tower, bear, house, stork and fox:
tower: slim/tall
house: square body
bear: overweight, curvy, round, big shoulders, large torso
stork: long legs, arms, rail body, long nose, long face
fox: short limbs, short nose, petite format as the child does it too.

coloring -hair/eyes/skin- can be a bit more tricky as combination of cards can create nuances
But distinctive cards give a great deal of info such as bouquet, fox, lily, ship and fish

bouquet: long hair, blonde to light brown, great teeth
fox: reddish auburn hair, freckles, small chin
lily: grayish hair, salt and pepper style too, mature face
ship: rich brow hair to medium brown, rougher physique
fish: very dark hair to black, darker skin tone than average

Now you can ask questions regarding some physical traits you would like to know how to recognize and I will give you the combination or specific card to convey that detail.

Physical description is a big seller when you do readings for others. People want to know "how she/he looks like". sound familiar?

Sylvie Steinbach

Descriptions #2

Facial hair is a detail that is carried by the house. Baldness can be shown by the combination bear + mountain.
Individuals displaying several colors in their hair such as highlights or other more creative hair dos will have bouquet + clouds

Fit individuals will appear either as horseman or as whip physiques. Sex appeal of course has the whip element. Charisma is connected with the sun.
Younger individuals will be shown with the support of the child card. Older people or mature may have the lily to indicate the age range.

Physically attractive people could be with the moon, the bouquet, the sun or the garden. Very flexible bodies are the snake and to some extend the stork.
Undividuals with a lack of mobility will be mountain of course.

Very blonde individuals such as swedish descent will appear under the sun.
People with scars that show will appear under the mice.
African, asian or mediterranean descent people could be represented under the fish or even the ship if their skin tones are darker than average.
Anglo-Saxon or nordic descents tend to show by the sun or the house.

If you have questions about physical descriptions it is now time to ask.

sylvie

Astraea

Sylvie, you've read my mind -- I had some questions about appearance and you've answered them in your last post! Thank you.

Astraea

I have a procedural question related to appearance, Sylvie.

In the no-spread layout, would the issue of appearance be given a separate reading? In other words, would it follow on a central question, something like this:

Q. Will I fall in love soon?
A. Yes (based on a no-spread layout in relation to the consultant's key card/ significator)

Q. What will he/she look like?
A. Detailed description (based on another no-spread layout in relation to the lover's key card/significator)

Or alternatively, could the question about appearance be answered from the cards surrounding the one that provided the original Yes answer, as another level of the same no-spread lineup?

faunabay

Sylvie Steinbach said:
I will start by descriptions on individuals that appear in spreads no matter what the subject matter is: love or business.

OK, I did a reading last night and this is what I came up with for a description.

21 - mountain
8 - coffin
28 - man
9 - flowers
11 - whips

So this man is physically fit with light brown hair or blonde, attractive with a great smile. But who is also a loner, maybe kind of shy and depressed. ???

Sylvie Steinbach

Astraea,

Yes to both. Descriptions can appear spontaneously as the Divine may want to reveal these details to you. But you can also do a sole reading on requesting descriptive info by asking such as 'How can I recognize him/her?' or 'How does he/she look like at the time of the meeting?'. Most likely there will be more than the physical. The session could give you details on his past, his mind set, his job or whatever appears to be the most significant about this person. I will add that physical descriptions can be fitting a lot of people so the other details are making the profile more unique and therefore recognizable by the client once he/she gets to know the person better.

sylvie

Astraea I have a procedural question related to appearance, Sylvie.

In the no-spread layout, would the issue of appearance be given a separate reading? In other words, would it follow on a central question, something like this:

Q. Will I fall in love soon?
A. Yes (based on a no-spread layout in relation to the consultant's key card/ significator)

Q. What will he/she look like?
A. Detailed description (based on another no-spread layout in relation to the lover's key card/significator)

Or alternatively, could the question about appearance be answered from the cards surrounding the one that provided the original Yes answer, as another level of the same no-spread lineup?

Sylvie Steinbach

Faunabay

Yes you could definitively interpret it in that direction but I would of course double check his state of mind. Because it could also mean that person went through a big change in life and has been on his own since that event took place. So that calls for checking his past like his love life -maybe he got divorce or broke up or else. I have had cases with similar combinations where the man had gone through the death of his partner and that was the traumatic event -depressed and lonely.

sylvie

faunabay Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie Steinbach

OK, I did a reading last night and this is what I came up with for a description.

21 - mountain
8 - coffin
28 - man
9 - flowers
11 - whips

So this man is physically fit with light brown hair or blonde, attractive with a great smile. But who is also a loner, maybe kind of shy and depressed. ???

Astraea

Thank you for your answer, Sylvie!

faunabay

Sylvie Steinbach said:
Faunabay

Yes you could definitively interpret it in that direction but I would of course double check his state of mind. Because it could also mean that person went through a big change in life and has been on his own since that event took place. So that calls for checking his past like his love life -maybe he got divorce or broke up or else. I have had cases with similar combinations where the man had gone through the death of his partner and that was the traumatic event -depressed and lonely.

sylvie

OK, see I need to trust my instincts more. This is what I was wondering about. Because that's what I "saw" the first time I looked at the cards, but then went to the descriptions in your book and thought, "well, maybe I ought to do it this way." But the depressed and loner descriptions just didn't seem completely right to me....not wrong, just not completely right.
I'll do another reading to check his state of mind. See what comes up.

WaterSong

ok Sylvie,

I followed the example from the previous post and asked:

what does my true soul mate/companion look like?

13 child
18 Dog
28 gentleman
14 fox
3 Ship
2 Clover

hummm....he looks younger than his age, maybe light coloring, playful has a childlike quality to him and his loving...maybe our relationship started as friendship or is based on a strong friendship...he is also cunning, sharp, good mind and wants to move away to find his luck....

how did I do?

xoxoxo
magenta

PS: the Ship could be me....not because of size :D but coloring...I am dark haired, olive complexion....he may think that he is lucky to have found me( ok, just saying :laugh:)