Crystal to help healing after knee surgey

silverwings94

Hi Everyone,

I recently had arthroscopy knee surgery on my right knee 1 month ago.The swelling has gone down but I am still having pain on the sides of my knee. Also I can't get it to bend as much as I would like it to. I am walking on it but the pain on the sides gets really bad at time and the meds do not even take the pain away anymore. My question is what crystals could I place on it to help with the pain and healing process?
Thanks,
Silverwings94

EarthFaery

Hematite really helps my back pain and swelling, I usually sleep on a couple when I'm in bad shape. Bloodstone is a great stone for healing, circulation and physical strength, and also quartz crystal is a good all around healing crystal, smokey quartz too. I have a big list around here somewhere I could dig up for you if you need:)

Feel better Silverwings94!!!

Netzach

I don't know about crystals but would certainly recommend some Arnica - either a homoeopathic tablet (dissolved under the tongue) taken about four times a day or else a cream or oil massaged in. It will reduce any remaining bruising or swelling and should make the knee much more comfortable as a result. Homoeopathic Staphysagria is also good for resolving the after effects of an operation. Take either remedy in a 6 potency which should be available from a good health store, or you can order from an online homoeopathic pharmacy. (Spelled homeopathic in the US.).

Briar Rose

Keep us posted on your healing process Silverwings. How's it going?

silverwings94

Thanks everyone for responding so quickly. I found my Bloodstone yesterday and placed it in a pillow that I rest my knee on at night. I also massaged my thigh and it seemed to help alot where I was able to sleep.I am going to be out today so I will place my stone in my pocket to see if that works also.
I'm still having trouble trying to straighten my knee. It seems that it just doesn't want to and then the pain gets worse. I really don't like taking meds for it so I use ice and heat when I am home.
In 2 weeks I test out and take my state EMT exam. I just hope that I can do all my skills otherwise all these months of classes and training are down the drain.
s

Netzach

silverwings94 said:
I really don't like taking meds for it so I use ice and heat when I am home.

Just a reminder that homoeopathic remedies aren't like orthodox medicines because they have no side effects, don't interact with anything else you might be taking and are very gentle . . . and also very effective!

Briar Rose

Silverwings, I had a knee op about 6 years ago. I had laposcopy done to shave soft tissue under the knee cap. I couldn't straighten it for months! It helped to stretch it slowly, a little each day, and it helped more if someone helped me. And yes, I cried in pain all the time.

Your leg will straighten out!

Oh, I remember what helped. At physical therapy I was told to tighten the musscle just above my knee, and hold it to the count of 5, for 10 times. This strenghtens the muscle to help to straighen your knee.

Also, I was told to do circles just with my ankle, 10 times one way, 10 times the way.

Then after this I was told to do leg lifts, just enough to wear I didn't feel pain. Although I felt pain all the time anyways.

I hope this helps and that you check with your pt people to see if this is right for you. Are they giving you anything to do at home?

take care, and blessing to be painfree!

silverwings94

Hi heavens Vault,
Yeo doing all those exercises also writing the alphabet with my foot.I just returned from shopping and seeing the movie Twillight and it was awesome. So I am getting the exercise that I need to keep it going. Plus ice on for 20 and heat on for 20.
They have said it could take up to a year before I am back to normal. So in the mean time I will sit back and enjoy my tarot decks study and play with my new Parottlet and keep my crystals handy for the pain.
Thanks somuch.
S
HeavensVault said:
Silverwings, I had a knee op about 6 years ago. I had laposcopy done to shave soft tissue under the knee cap. I couldn't straighten it for months! It helped to stretch it slowly, a little each day, and it helped more if someone helped me. And yes, I cried in pain all the time.

Your leg will straighten out!

Oh, I remember what helped. At physical therapy I was told to tighten the musscle just above my knee, and hold it to the count of 5, for 10 times. This strenghtens the muscle to help to straighen your knee.

Also, I was told to do circles just with my ankle, 10 times one way, 10 times the way.

Then after this I was told to do leg lifts, just enough to wear I didn't feel pain. Although I felt pain all the time anyways.

I hope this helps and that you check with your pt people to see if this is right for you. Are they giving you anything to do at home?

take care, and blessing to be painfree!

Briar Rose

oh you sweet person. Yup, about a year. I didn't want to say, but you are right about that. I am so sorry you have to go through this. It's really hard walking with a limp, and not being able to straighten your knee. It will get straight!!!! And you won't walk with a limp!

Helaing to you!

What's a parrotlet?

I can't to go to the movies! Good for you!

silverwings94

A Parottlet is one of the smallest Parotts. He's about 5-51/2 inches long and is very friendly. He is afraid of hands though but I am sure with my working with him we can get over that fear in time.
This is the second time this year that I have been able to afford to go and it was worth all the pain.
At least when all this is over with the pain that I felt before will hopefully be gone forever. I had 25% of the meniscus torn and there was some fraying on the femur so that is all gone now.There was alot of inflamation there also.
I'll just keep working on my therapy here at home and rest when it gts to much.
Thanks so much for all the encouragement. I really need it.
Blessings,
Kat
HeavensVault said:
oh you sweet person. Yup, about a year. I didn't want to say, but you are right about that. I am so sorry you have to go through this. It's really hard walking with a limp, and not being able to straighten your knee. It will get straight!!!! And you won't walk with a limp!

Helaing to you!

What's a parrotlet?

I can't to go to the movies! Good for you!