Ace of cups as feelings

DreamerGirl81

I am wondering how would you interpet this in the feelings position.

In particular what is the difference between ace and 2 of cups. Which one shows deeper emotions?

BrightEye

The Ace shows only the beginning of emotional involvement. It shows potential, probably not yet articulated, whereas the 2 suggests some kind of reciprocation.

willowfox

The ace is the attraction, the 2 is the union, so the 2 would be stronger.

ofbainbridge

Aces reveals that the heart is opening up to someone or something and the 2 of Cups is about the choice to go do that. 3 would be the expression of that affection.

septemberwitch

hi

I always understood the Ace of cups to mean beginning to feel an outpouring of emotions. As if to say that finally the feelings have welled up to the surface and now pouring out of you. I am not necessarily referring to a romantic relationship as such although it certainly can pertain to that. It might well be that someone has been pushing their feelings and emotions down and they either can't hold it in any more or choose not to. So I see it as someone who is finally ready to burst and get things out in the open be it a positive or negative I suppose it depends. Never the less out they come. Absolutely just my angle and others may see it totally different and likely will. It's just what comes to mind for me when I see this card. Hope it helps!

~Lisa~

Hi :)

For me, I see all the aces as seeds. They are in the ground. The potential for egs the little acorn to grow into a beautiful oak tree is there. So all the magic ingredients are in place and are ready. The cups would be a relationship so for me all the pieces, perhaps still hidden, or in infancy are ready for the start of something new. How the tree grows from there...well, the rest of the story carries on in the other cards,..;)

~Lisa~

Also

The two of cups would be the very beginning of a relationship when their is a mutual attraction. Nothing is solid yet and some people sometimes see time in this card, 2 years, 2 months, etc...that it will take to actually solidify.

septemberwitch

I see what your saying in terms of a romantic relationship. good stuff!

nisaba

The Ace encapsulates the whole of the suit. It is the cup that runneth over, and is very often pictured as such. It's worthwhile not to think of it in terms of love only: it is about all emotions: love, happiness, sadness, anger, worry. A full heart can be full of anything. When it comes up in a reading, which isn't all that often, it usually is for a client who is very emotional in all sorts of ways, often emotionally changeable at the drop of a hat. It tends to indicate immoderate, strong feelings of all the different types.

septemberwitch

hi

Nisaba...I see it much the same as you do! It can be about any emotion both good and bad.