Strength as Outcome

GoddessArtemis

What does it mean when the outcome to a relationship reading is Strength (clarified by the 6 of Cups, if that helps?)

I used the Snapshot Relationship spread found on AT, and the above was the outcome. I'm not sure what it means at all. Does it mean resisting the past? Can Strength also mean overcoming something...in this case, with 6 of Cups, the past?

GA

YDM42

Funny thing is that I saw someone here in the forums write that the 6 of cups often describe on and off again relationship. (and it clicked for me to ring true with past readings I had done)
It could be why strength is neccessary.

caridwen

I would see this as perhaps having the Strength to remain friends.

ClareS

I would see that you have the strength to deal with the past.

kwaw

The Fatal Vest

When, in time, after his labours were completed, Hercules returned {Strength = Hercules; 6 cups return}, his lover, decieved into believing hercules had cheated on her and venomous with jealousy, executed her betrayal, giving him a vest that had been dipped in poison and killing him.

The past [6 cups] is a poisened chalice [6 cups/strength], let your passions be ruled by your head not your heart [strength].

Kwaw

kwaw

kwaw said:
When, in time, after his labours were completed, Hercules returned {Strength = Hercules; 6 cups return}, his lover, decieved into believing hercules had cheated on her and venomous with jealousy, executed her betrayal, giving him a vest that had been dipped in poison and killing him.
Kwaw

Another antique figure associated with the strenght card is Samson, again in terms of relationships a similar tale of betrayal and destruction [in connection with which note strength is followed in numercal sequence with the hanged man, also called the traitor, and death].

Kwaw

GoddessArtemis

Thank you, these are all really helpful responses!

GA

Chasing Fireflies

I have to say, I don't see this combo as a happy outcome.

I could be way of base here but to me these two cards represent an ultimately unsatisfactory relationship that just drags on until one or both parties decide to walk away.

Perhaps one or both of the people involved feel like they share a special connection. I get the sense this connection is based on some sentimental values and this is what keeps the relationship going.

With the strength card in play I feel the cards are saying that one or both of the people will find the courage to walk away and break the bond because this sentimental connection is simply not enough to make the relationship work.

As was already mentioned, the situation demands the relationship needs to be evaluated based on the facts not the emotions involved. Once this happens, the unavoidable conclusion is reached - that is - instead of always clinging to the potential of the relationship which is somehow always out of reach, have the courage to walk away, at least for now.

I know this is a really old thread but I just wanted to give my interpretation for all the other readers out there who may look to this thread for answers.