devil as outcome

wind

What would you say about the Devil card as outcome in a relationship reading?

I was doing a reading for a friend, she was asking about a guy she likes. I don't remember all of the cards, but I know that as outcome I got Devil.

I remember telling her (since there was also Knight of wands in the near future) that this can lead to a passionate affair and that the attraction between then can be quite stong, very sexual but that she must be a bit careful because she can get enangled and caught in this relationship.

The thing is that she is not the type of person to get addicted and not be able to break up with someone if things are not working out. She is also not so young any more, she has experience (she is 50) and quite a lot of self-esteem, so I don't see her getting obsessed or something.

Maybe this guy can be a bit like that? I know it is difficult without the context ot the rest of the reading but still, what would you suggest for the Devil as outcome?

Thank you for your inputs!

rogue

Male and female are each other's devils. That's a great outcome.

bec

With the Devil Im inclined to say the relationship is based on physical attraction and lust rather then love. Also the knight of wands in near future - they are both out going and adventorous, still based on passion and desire - more then heart and love.

if thats a good thing or not :) depends on what they want out of it, dont it :)

wind

Thank you for your thoughts!

She was asking me: but do you see anything happening between us?:)

You know, people want to know their future:)
Tarot is not about yes and no, but she wanted a "fortune telling":) Just to play this game for a bit, what would you say, they will have something or not?:)

I am really not sure...Knight of wands can be about only flirt, but Devil is quite strong...

Skysteel

wind said:
What would you say about the Devil card as outcome in a relationship reading?

Becoming (overly-)attatched to the relationship - co-dependence.

bec

wind said:
Thank you for your thoughts!

You know, people want to know their future:)
Tarot is not about yes and no, but she wanted a "fortune telling":) Just to play this game for a bit, what would you say, they will have something or not?:)

I am really not sure...Knight of wands can be about only flirt, but Devil is quite strong...

Again .. depends on what she wants out of it, doesnt it? ... Im a true love all the way kind of person; so my personal answer would be "I hope not!"

Devil is strong yes - in love affairs its rather abusive and addictive as I view it. And with knight of wands - it's not likely to be an equal game for both parties ...

Kenny

Even at 50 you can be doomed to make mistakes that younger people make. In fact because they are older and wiser they may think they will fall for the 'wrong' people.

However as for the reading: if she wants Love then unless The Devil leads onwards to the future I am not sure it is ideal. However if she wants passion and fun then The Devil could fulfil this need for her.

caridwen

I think the Devil and Knight of Wands point to a short lived love affair. One ruled by sex, lust and fantasy which is great depending on what she's looking for. I say go for it:thumbsup:

willowfox

wind said:

Just to play this game for a bit, what would you say, they will have something or not?:)

Devil is about lust and sexual desires, not about love or tenderness, about speed and gratification, where one partner ends up used and burnt out, and it does not matter how old or how much experience that person thinks they have they can still get hurt badly.

Thirteen

wind said:
She was asking me: but do you see anything happening between us?
I'm in agreement with everyone else. The answer to the question is that you're going to start out in a warm and toasty relationship (Knight/Wands) which, outcome wise, could develop into a full-blown sexual addiction.

Mind you, any spread has a time-limit on predicting the future, and most spreads don't gaze that far ahead. So say about a month or three on this prediction? Which doesn't rule out that a month or more of lust couldn't turn into more if you want it to...but if you want more, you'd better ask the cards if there's a way to get that. Because as it is now, all that you can see "happening" between the two of you is a sexual relationship, and yes, an uneven one at that. One of you will be running the show, the other will just be the "slave" to their passions.