The Hierophant as feelings

WhyWuh

Just my two: for me as FEELINGS this often comes up when person feels like 'this person's at my feet'. It's more not about hierophant but about these two figures kneeling in front of him worshiping him. The person in question feels that the other person admires them deeply and is at their feet. Deep admiration but from the distance because none of these two figures don't even dare to dream of relationship with the hierophant. Platonic/ideal/idealistic love from afar I would say. Deep admiration from afar.

Snuffles

I'd like to share my experience with the Hierophant for feelings. I had asked for my deepest feelings for my ex a few months ago, and the Hierophant popped up. I searched for meanings and nothing seemed right, until I found one that mentioned a deep unbreakable soul love. With the Hierophant being a very spiritual card, and knowing how I feel, this resonated with me. How I would describe my deepest feelings for him, is that I love him to the very core of my soul, unconditionally and eternally. I would rather live with him in a box on the side of the road than with Adam Levine in a mansion, and that says a lot (lol). We dated when I was a teenager over 16 years ago, and I still feel like this. I asked the same question today and Hierophant, Lovers, and Empress all popped out together. I would equate it to the Lover's card as far as the spiritual connection. Hopefully this helps someone!

xparamitax

Based on my experience, feelings through hierophant are platonic. However, hierophant is traditional. So it depends on the dynamics between people in question.

Thirteen

nothing seemed right, until I found one that mentioned a deep unbreakable soul love.
Based on my experience, feelings through hierophant are platonic.
These can actually *both* be true if we reflect on the Hierophant card itself. Hierophant means "High Priest" and whether this is a High Priest in some ancient pagan sense or in the Judeo-Christian sense, it means the same thing: Complete and total dedication (Love) of the divine.

Because you don't bother going through all that study, all those restrictions, all those tests and rituals and maybe even persecution and such unless you this is your one, true love. Unless this is your "everything." This man is married to his faith. But when you're married to your faith, that usually means you aren't having an earthly sexual relationship. It mean, in fact, praying and preaching, doing rituals and studying scripture are better than sex to you.

So the feeling the Hierophant represents can be powerful. Can indicate complete and total focus. Can be "soulful" and spiritual, very traditional, very serious, and very devout. But...they very much can also mean "platonic." Meaning sex isn't going to happen. Because to the Hierophant, sex (or, at least, unbridled sex) would "ruin" it all. These powerful feelings on reliant on the connection being either purely spiritual, or very traditional.

Ruby Jewel

Hi everyone,
I'd love any insight into what the Hierophant could mean as feelings towards someone.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=124922&page=4&pp=10

This thread was very helpful, and right now I'm thinking that positively, it could mean feelings of solicitousness and protectiveness, while blocked energies could signify extreme feelings such as outrage or indignation. What do you think?

The Hierophant represents the highest and most spiritual aspects of a love relationship. It is a serious platonic connection that speaks of a transcendental union...a spiritual marriage where the relationship becomes the teacher. I would probably consider it a karmic relationship that will transcend the definition of love on a mundane level.

velvet moon

It has come up for me on occasion and I have come to read it (for feelings /relationships) as someone who has feelings either of dedication - it coukd be some who is more 'doting' or 'older' who tries to restrain their passion out of a sense of 'right and wrong' or religious guilt. It can also mean a reason why the relationship is forbidden to that person. Or also that the person can't see beyond the current status or convention of the relationship (friend/co worker /someone elses girlfriend) it depends on the surrounding cards or clarifiyer.

velvet moon

The Hierophant represents the highest and most spiritual aspects of a love relationship. It is a serious platonic connection that speaks of a transcendental union...a spiritual marriage where the relationship becomes the teacher. I would probably consider it a karmic relationship that will transcend the definition of love on a mundane level.

Interesting - I always saw wheel of fortune and six of cups as representing this meaning .

Ruby Jewel

Interesting - I always saw wheel of fortune and six of cups as representing this meaning .

For me, Wheel of Fortune comes and goes .... no real stability and six of Cups is about friendship between old friends....I don't really see either one as spiritual. Just my opinion.

velvet moon

For me, Wheel of Fortune comes and goes .... no real stability and six of Cups is about friendship between old friends....I don't really see either one as spiritual. Just my opinion.

Right. I guess it depends on what you believe and what one means by 'spiritual' :). wheel of furtune to me is about karma and past lives connections and so yes, not exactly 'spiritual' in it's literal term but more about a connection, a cycle, and a fatedness. Anyhow getting off track ;)

Ruby Jewel

Right. I guess it depends on what you believe and what one means by 'spiritual' :). wheel of furtune to me is about karma and past lives connections and so yes, not exactly 'spiritual' in it's literal term but more about a connection, a cycle, and a fatedness. Anyhow getting off track ;)
I look at spiritual as sort of a transcendent wisdom or energy, esoteric....as opposed to everyday mundane and material...I can see the WoF as karmic....in a way, I see the entire major arcana as having karmic input. I consider The Hierophant, like you and I, to be a conduit for spiritual energy....and karma, imo, is an aspect of that spiritual energy.