The Moon as feelings?

MidnightxPoison

Me and a friend of mine with whom I fell in love and who was also attracted to me (and possibly in love) shared a passionate kiss but then after that he suddenly got cold/distant towards me (probably because his ex-gf had really hurt him and he got all scared, he's very shy). It bothered me so I had asked him why he behaved that way and he got upset and gave me different reasons (he's a Gemini, lol). We had a hectic argument for a while and I was absent from school the next day. Later when he came on the messenger I said sorry and told him that it was best for us not to communicate outside of school anymore because he had to focus on his research (the deadline is very close) and I didn't want to disturb him any further.. So, I said we should only keep the communication at "school-level" since we have the same lectures and need to face each other either way.

Today, I decided to ask my tarot deck how he felt about me now and I got the Moon as feelings.

So, does this mean that he still has feelings for me but he's just keeping them hidden away from me in secret and appears cold/distant on purpose? Or is he just insecure and confused about his feelings (the shadow of the Moon), not sure where we stand and afraid to approach me from now on?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, thanks!
~Susanna

canid

The Moon is so enigmatic...what was your initial take when you saw the card? That's important.

You didn't post the rest of the spread, which you shouldn't do here anyway (perhaps you'd want to post it in Your Readings), & since the Moon is basically about feelings: from secrets, illusion, deception, delusion, nostalgia, dreams...it'd be impossible in this case to give you any kind of suggestion here, without spread & surrounding cards, especially because the Moon is involved. That said, my take would be for you to be cautious, since the Moon can be a warning. And try to recall any feelings the card gave you when you saw it, your gut instinct.

wytchwood

For me it's the High Priestess which indicates hidden feelings, or other hidden and unrevealed aspects or futures. The Moon to me is more about confusion, delusion and other things ending in 'usion'. Hope this helps.

afrosaxon

Hi MidnightxPoison,

At the top of the page is a section that says "Search This Forum". This is a really good feature to use because it pulls up lots and lots of threads about discussions of whatever card you have a question about. If you do a search for the moon and feelings, you'd find informative threads such as:

Question about the Moon and Feelings

The Moon as Feelings for Someone

How is the Moon card related to Romance

The Moon

You can also check out "Table of Contents--The Cards" in the Using Tarot Cards section. There is additional discussion for each card as well.

Good luck and welcome to AT.

T.

MidnightxPoison

afrosaxon said:
Hi MidnightxPoison,

At the top of the page is a section that says "Search This Forum". This is a really good feature to use because it pulls up lots and lots of threads about discussions of whatever card you have a question about. If you do a search for the moon and feelings, you'd find informative threads such as:

Question about the Moon and Feelings

The Moon as Feelings for Someone

How is the Moon card related to Romance

The Moon

You can also check out "Table of Contents--The Cards" in the Using Tarot Cards section. There is additional discussion for each card as well.

Good luck and welcome to AT.

T.

Thank you so much for this!

MidnightxPoison

Ok, I pulled a clarifying card for the Moon and got the 5 of Cups.

Seems like he is feeling miserable and disappointed.

Grizabella

MidnightxPoison, I think probably if you're going to draw more cards, we should take this to Your Readings where we can give you more help because this is getting into being a reading now. In Using Tarot, we can only give you "the many meanings" of a particular card, not the specific meaning of a card in the context of a reading or the meaning in a one-card reading. When you're drawing more cards, too, then it's definitely a reading. :)

Did you draw just the one card, the Moon, or was there a spread? Either way, let's talk about it in Your Readings and then we can add the second card. And we can also look at the whole spread if there were more cards. That will be of more help to you, I think. :)

MidnightxPoison

Grizabella said:
MidnightxPoison, I think probably if you're going to draw more cards, we should take this to Your Readings where we can give you more help because this is getting into being a reading now. In Using Tarot, we can only give you "the many meanings" of a particular card, not the specific meaning of a card in the context of a reading or the meaning in a one-card reading. When you're drawing more cards, too, then it's definitely a reading. :)

Did you draw just the one card, the Moon, or was there a spread? Either way, let's talk about it in Your Readings and then we can add the second card. And we can also look at the whole spread if there were more cards. That will be of more help to you, I think. :)

Hey, just letting you know I finally posted it in Your Readings here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1809339#post1809339

:) I actually pulled one card at first but then drew the rest.

Thirteen

MidnightxPoison said:
Ok, I pulled a clarifying card for the Moon and got the 5 of Cups.

Seems like he is feeling miserable and disappointed.
Um, no, he's regretting, and likely focusing way too much on what happened and how he reacted. It's both of these that he's regretting, by the way, and he's so focussed on them that he'd not seeing the positives, just potential negatives.

The thing about the Moon combined with this is that the moon is *moody.* It's not stable. You can be lost in romance one minute, then thinking it's all illusion and dream the next, then feeling cold and distant and lost the next. All-in-all, I'd say that this poor guy is very mixed up about his feelings towards you. On the plus side, he certainly feels something. On the negative, he doesn't trust what he feels. He doesn't know if what he feels is good or bad or if he should be happy/unhappy about what he did.

Like the Moon, you can't trust how he's feeling at any given moment, because it's likely to change. Which means you're doing the right thing in backing off. I'd go so far as to recommend you back off even further--don't talk to him about it, don't mention it, don't message it, don't say much to him at school. Give him space and time. And don't ask the cards this question again the research is over and he has had time to really reflect on what he felt and figure out what he wants. Let him get out of the dark and into the light of day. Then you can find out if he wants to go any further.

Grizabella

LOL I just went to your readings and I see you did post it there before I even posted here. Sorry. Going back there now to see if I can add anything to what others have said. :)