Fairy Ring Oracle Deck

EminemsAngelBaby

Wow I've just been checking this one out on the website and the cards are so beautiful. Does anyone here have it? Tell me what you think:).

cjtarot

I got this for christmas..

Hi,

I got this deck for Christmas and just didnt' connect..even though I love the Sacred Circle (their other deck). Some of the images in the cards are actually duplicates of the Sacred Circle.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/fairy-ring-oracle/

I'm not really that upset that I got it, I love collecting..but I wouldn't have gotten it if I only had a few other decks..IMO

Blessings,

CJ

13thFaeChylde

I'm off and on with this deck, lately I'm more on.
It's a difficult deck for me, I don't use it for multicple-card spreads but draw a single card.
My favorite part of this deck are the Fairy Festival cards. I always use those on my altar for sabbats.

blackroseivy

The images are lovely, their use somewhat complicated. I did a reading once that had stuff in it that *exactly* corresponded to the upcoming holidays. I would recommend it for a "wheel of the year" spread. It *is* very different! Like, how the cards are merely numbered rather than being that many *of* something. That disconcerted me at first. You have to get used to it after having used Tarot a lot.

EminemsAngelBaby

Hello All,

Thanks for the feedback. I've never used an Oracle deck before. I imagine it must be a lot of work to get to know it well. But I'm a sucker for a pretty face!!

Oni

I got the deck

I have the Sacred Circle deck wich i love and i thought i would love this deck also, so brought it.

Unfortunly i really really dont like, i like some of the darker cards, but like then other cards i dont like. i dont know it just did not connect with.

Now like no one i know wants to trade me for it, so i m stuck! He hee!

blackroseivy

Sell it on Ebay! You may take a loss, but you'll get rid of it fer sher!

faunabay

I had trouble with this deck at first as well. I actually traded it away. Then a year or so later Jewel started talking to me about it again. She had been using it in conjunction with the Froud Faery's Oracle deck and it was working wonderfully. She also explained to me that I had to use reversals with this deck (which I never had done). So I decided to give it another try.

I love it now!! I draw a Froud Faery card to help me then do one of the spreads in the Fairy Ring book. It works very, very well. It gives pretty brutally harsh answers so I don't use it for daily draws or something I don't really want a "smack you in the face" answer. But for straight forward questions you really want an honest answer for it's great!!

I can't use it without the book though. (and I don't use the book for any of my other decks) But I really really like it now. I'm extremely glad Jewel talked me into giving it another try. So with my past personal use with this deck I'd say for those who didn't like it at first "give it another try"!! :)

WooMonkey

I'm overall glad I got this deck--I like the seasonal organization, and REALLY like the addition of the sabbats cards.

The only problem I have is the photographic aspects of the art--the humans specifically (they look too human to me). I'm more used to the fae in Froud's or DiTerlizzi's art. Still trying to get used to these, which seem jarring at times.

:)

tatsi

Fairy Ring Oracle comments

WooMonkey said:
I'm overall glad I got this deck--I like the seasonal organization, and REALLY like the addition of the sabbats cards.

The only problem I have is the photographic aspects of the art--the humans specifically (they look too human to me). I'm more used to the fae in Froud's or DiTerlizzi's art. Still trying to get used to these, which seem jarring at times.

I really like the Fairy Ring Oracle. Most of the pictures are beautiful and seemlessly blend the art with photographic images. Those few that aren't done well can be jarring to look at. One thing I particularly like about this set is the additon of the sabbats cards.

I don't have the Sacret Circle Tarot, but have heard that are several similar images and same models were used on both sets. This close association has been a problem for many who have both sets. I don't know how true or not this it, but I have heard this commented quite a bit, so I thought I'd pass the information along. If it is true, I know it would bug me :rolleyes:

All in all, this is a set I would and do recommend.

tatsi