Centennial RWS and Radiant Rider Waite in a Tin

Grizabella

I just got these two decks in the mail and wanted to come give them a little review here for some who might be considering buying them.

First of all, the card stock is a dream for those of us with small hands and arthritis. The regular RWS I have in pocket size is like a little brick. There's absolutely no way I can shuffle it riffle style. It just will not bend. The stock in these two in the tin is absolutely a dream to shuffle. Not a clump anywhere and it's very easy to riffle but the stock isn't so thin as to have to worry it will crumple or crease. However, I do think I might get backups for these two in case something does happen, though. The stock is a little thinner than the Halloween in a tin.

The centennial version has an extra card. It shows a mother---or grandmother, I've decided---sitting in a rocker and three children in varying ages are in the room with her. (Wow, that was weird. I just had a very strong deja vu as I typed that). I love the card stock and it shuffles really, really well just like the Radiant RWS. I'm going to use the extra card in some capacity, to mean something I haven't decided yet.

I heartily recommend these to anyone who likes decks in tins or who has small, arthritic hands like mine. Now I wish I had kept my Vanessa. And I'm definitely going to order at least one of the Wickwillow in a tin when my social security is deposited.

Scarlet Woodland

Thanks for posting this Grizabella, these are both on my wishlist. I was especially pleased to hear about the ease of shuffling as I have really bad wrists and have to be careful.

Freddie

I wish they would have put the Original Rider in a tin as well. I really like that one in pocket size.

Freddie

RedOrchard

Just got the Centennial in a tin as well and the cardstock is lovely. I wasn't expecting a mini, and I was surprised. I'm used to larger cards so I expected to be all kinds of clumsey shuffling them, but I haven't had any trouble at all.
I do still want the regular size, though. It's so pretty I want every version.
(I never thought I'd use "it's so pretty" to describe the RWS, I'm so used to it being a garish mess.)

mydearruby

And I'm definitely going to order at least one of the Wickwillow in a tin when my social security is deposited.

Noooooo! Wickwillow in a tin with customized color back?? What a nightmare for my choice phobia disorder...

danieljuk

thanks for the review Griz :)
I own the original Radiant RWS but been thinking about the Centennial RWS. I can't decide if want to buy the original set with the books and larger cards or get this cute deck in a tin with less things with it! It's not available in the UK easily currently but will have to seriously think about it if it does come on Amazon and in shops here.

I own the Halloween deck in a tin and it's just perfect!
I really love tins for storing them in! Just have to work out which version of the Centennial I want :thumbsup:

rif

I wish they would have put the Original Rider in a tin as well. I really like that one in pocket size.
Freddie

If they take wishes, then I'd also like an Albano Waite in a tin, as I wish I had a pocket size version of that. If I recall your old posts correctly, Freddie, then you might like that also. :D

I ended up buying a more expensive deck this week, so am holding off on this tinned tarot for now.

G6

Morgan Greer in a Tin

Pocket Size Morgan Greer in a Tin will be out in a few months. I'm waiting for that one! :)

shadowdancer

I received the tinned Radiant deck at the weekend and do like it.
The tin is what drew me. I love using tins for decks. So practical in many ways, and the design on the tin is really cool.

The card size itself is also good. Not too big or too small. If I had a minor peeve (and it is minor) is that the borders seem quite large when compared to image size. I think this could have been made slightly smaller so as not to overpower the image size.

Otherwise, hats off to US Games for giving us tinned decks. I did email them making a plea for the Whimsical in a tin but had no reply. Looks like that one may not be on their radar, but if they could make all the images the same size (they differ between Majors and Minors) that would really work.

Yelell

If they take wishes, then I'd also like an Albano Waite in a tin, as I wish I had a pocket size version of that.

I would buy that on the spot! The albano just doesn't seem to get the love I think it deserves.