Book of Law Study Group 1.33-1.34

Aeon418

I will work on it, but still I am drawn to explore and include in my practice different traditions.. I still feel far more confident working with my original celtic pantheon than with the Thelemic one.
I get the impression that you are approaching Thelema as if it were yet another Neo-Pagan tradition with it's own separate and distinct pantheon of gods that sets it apart from all other traditions.

The 'gods' of the Thelemic pantheon are symbolic veils that are intended to convey a deeper truth that lies behind them. They are a means to an end, not an end in themselves.

Liber Causae said:
5. Now the Great Work is one, and the Initiation is one, and the Reward is one, however diverse are the symbols wherein the Unutterable is clothed.
Liber Causae said:
22. Therefore by the order of D.D.S. did P. prepare all things by his arcane science and wisdom, choosing only those symbols which were common to all systems, and rigorously rejecting all names and words which might be supposed to imply any religious or metaphysical theory. To do this utterly was found impossible, since all language has a history, and the use (for example) of the word <<spirit>> implies the Scholastic Philosophy and the Hindu and Taoist theories concerning the breath of man. So was it difficult to avoid implication of some undesirable bias by using the words <<order,>> << circle,>> <<chapter,>> <<society,>> <<brotherhood,>> or any other to designate the body of initiates.

23. Deliberately, therefore, did he take refuge in vagueness. Not to veil the truth to the Neophyte, but to warn him against valuing non-essentials. Should therefore the candidate hear the name of any God, let him not rashly assume that it refers to any known God, save only the God known to himself. Or should the ritual speak in terms (however vague) which seem to imply Egyptian, Taoist, Buddhist, Indian, Persian, Greek, Judaic, Christian, or Moslem philosophy, let him reflect that this is a defect of language; the literary limitation and not the spiritual prejudice of the man P.

24. Especially let him guard against the finding of definite sectarian symbols in the teaching of his master, and the reasoning from the known to the unknown which assuredly will tempt him.
We labour earnestly, dear brother, that you may never be led away to perish upon this point; for thereon have many holy and just men been wrecked. By this have all the visible systems lost the essence of wisdom.

We have sought to reveal the Arcanum; we have only profaned it.