Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 15 - #165

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 15
Number: 165

Symbol: A FINE LACE ORNAMENTAL HANDKERCHIEF.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 164.jpg
    164.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 314

tink27

For your interest…….
There are five basic elements that interact with our body. Wood is the element for the liver and the gall bladder. It also represents spring, birth, rebirth and is represented by an upward moving force.

This is a wonderful site on the wood element. If you have problems with your muscles, eyes, nails, hands or feet, then this Spring element might be of help.

http://www.healingintent.com/article1011.html

The previous symbol #14 was ‘the family tree’. We all know a well rooted tree has strength and flexibility to withstand all kinds of weather. Starting from a seed it slowly blossomed from a tiny sprig, sending its roots deep within the earth and springing forth into to a beautiful tree. Then it too creates seeds that could root and become its offspring.

The body part for this symbol is the ‘Bare Area of Liver. It is a rectangular area on the liver that isn’t covered with or protected by a peritioneal (lubricated lining) In purple_scorps image, her handkerchief is delicately laced in a rectangular fashion. Most of the cells in our body last for only a month or so, but liver cells can survive for a very long time. The genes of my liver could very well differ from yours just as they differ from race to race. Apparently the ape’s genes and enzymes differ greatly from man. So the controversy rages on whether the apes through time evolved into human form. Just for the record I’m sure we didn’t. But that’s another story……. Oh oh just took a peek at the next symbol……………..The ORANGUTAN!

So this fine lace handkerchief could have a very strong bond to the genes of all your ancestors dating as far back as well…….the Cro-Magnon man. It’s intricate design can be seen complex and sometimes conflicting, yet together they form a strong bond. And we witness these bonds daily with family and friends who are so important to us……..but there are times we need space for ourselves. To push up and out we need strong roots and our own creative boundary. Too much closeness, roots can be stifled and remain hidden in the shadows.

Where are the beautiful handkerchiefs in your home. Trapped in the linen closet or in your dresser, in the dark, under clean socks and underwear. You wouldn’t dare use them…..they’d get soiled or dirty! So there they sit, severely let down in life, waiting for the opportune moment to be freed by you.

This is one of those symbols I could go on and on and I haven’t Virgo in my chart. But what I would like to say…..last weekend the Lord of the Rings was on TV…..the Fellowship of the Ring. It was enjoyable to see it again. It speaks of nine different people, (elf, dwarf, man, hobbit etc.) who must revisit and heal their past. Some will make it, some won’t.

You have your own choice to make, Aragorn. To rise above the height of all your fathers since the days of EIendil....or to fall into darkness with all that is left of your kin

You carry a heavy burden, Frodo…don't carry the weight of the dead.
Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.
Galadriel, lady of light

tink :love:

tink27

Ohhh my gosh, just had a thought! In regard to those who study the kabbala as well as astrology........Qoph, Yod, and Heh, astrologically are associated with Pisces, Virgo and Aries. So-o-o we have the oldest and the youngest separated by the Great Mother, Virgo. A connection to youth and age! Could this handkerchief be representative of this? hmm still thinking..........

tink :love:

purple_scorp

tink27 said:
Where are the beautiful handkerchiefs in your home. Trapped in the linen closet or in your dresser, in the dark, under clean socks and underwear. You wouldn’t dare use them…..they’d get soiled or dirty! So there they sit, severely let down in life, waiting for the opportune moment to be freed by you.
Hey tink,

well actually, one of my lace handkerchiefs (which used to belong to my mother) is kind of being used like a doily...to line a wooden box where I keep my beaded jewellery. I usually have the lid open and have the lace hanging over the edge to give it that decorative touch.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Virgo 15
Birthdays: September 6th–8th
Numerology: 165
Sabian Symbol: An ornamental handkerchief
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Gracefulness
Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: 'Bare area' of liver
Crystal Element: Pink Lace Agate
Expression: Pink Lace Agate is a pink and white banded agate. Pink Lace Agate promotes kindness and compassion, and opens our hearts to Archangel Chamuel.
Message: Sophistication, elegance, gentle and serene moments.
Sun Focus: Exuding beauty and charm, you radiate goodwill and considerateness.
Affirmation: I cherish the elegance and beauty in all things.