6 of Pentacles rx

LovelyMissAries

I was doing the "Coming Love Interest" spread published by WolfyJames, and I drew the 6 of Pentacles rx card as the long-term potential (granted, when I drew this I was specifically thinking of a long-term, mutually satisfying relationship) and I'm a bit confused here.

Assuming that Pentacles stands for 'years' in timing matters, the 6 of Pentacles upright would indicate the Long-term potential is 6 years. But since this card is reversed, does that mean it will be delayed or won't happen at all?

6 of Pentacles rx to me talks of insecurity, instability due to an unbalance. But it's also a karmic card, though I don't know how to apply reversed meanings in a karmic sense.

I have these theories running around but am finding it hard to make sense of them. Any other thoughts on how this could be interpreted?

minrice

I take this to mean that the potential won't materialize, it will come up short. Perhaps shorter than expected or it will be cut short. Maybe what this person is giving to you won't be enough for you. We can only give as much as that person is willing to accept.

LovelyMissAries

minrice said:
I take this to mean that the potential won't materialize, it will come up short. Perhaps shorter than expected or it will be cut short. Maybe what this person is giving to you won't be enough for you. We can only give as much as that person is willing to accept.

Pfft. Well that sucks. :D

Hannafate

I would read this particular card to mean not a length of time, but a sequence. When the imbalance is corrected, THEN things can happen.

LovelyMissAries

Hannafate said:
I would read this particular card to mean not a length of time, but a sequence. When the imbalance is corrected, THEN things can happen.

I think you're onto something Hanna! I didn't understand the 6 of Pentacles rx, so I drew a clarifier and got the 7 of Wands rx, an another card for that which was the Ace of Wands upright. Can you tell where the imbalance is coming from? I would say it's talking about becoming more secure, but I'm not sure if it means financially or emotionally.

Hannafate

It could be both. A common interpretation where love interests are concerned is that one must get one's own life in good order before one can share it with another.

Pentacles are usually about money.

Seafra

Ace of Wands could be another project (so to speak) -- a different project than the one represented by the 6 of pent reversed. 7 of Wands reversed can mean 'shame' but your best bet might be to do another reading entirely on that 6 of Pent rev.

This is getting rather close to an interpretation for a reading so I'll end this here.

LovelyMissAries

Seafra said:
This is getting rather close to an interpretation for a reading so I'll end this here.

Oh no no I wasn't asking for that, that's for the Your Reading forum I know, but I was wondering if anyone agreed that the 7 of Wands rx did in fact reinforce the 6 of Pentacles rx because 6 of Pentacles rx to me, basically stands for insecurity. 7 of Wands upright can mean being defensive or feeling vulnerable...reversed, wouldn't it be the opposite, that you let your guard down? As for the Ace of Wands, nevermind that because it was answering "When" I would meet such person, I forgot to add that, so much apologies.

Seafra

Upright the Six of Pentacles shows balance. (In the RWS the philanthropist is holding a balanced scale.) Reversed that balance is lost and the scale tips. Giving too much vs giving too little. Very one sided.

Seven of Wands is very much about standing up for what you believe in, digging your heals in to defend your stance even if it is unpopular. This can be a very heady experience. Reversed, as a clarification of an unbalanced state, points to shame for me. The position can't be justified. OR the position goes against an individual's personal values.

Whether the situation is that one person is 'shamed' into giving or ashamed that they are greedy or needy would take a more extensive look.

Just my opinion.

Curious1

Personally, I don't see the 7 of wands rx as "shame" but as a person who cannot take a stand that needs to be taken on their behalf. It can represent someone who gives up too easily - one who is taken advantage of because they don't/can't stand up for themselves and what they want. Reversed, the man on the card isn't "letting his guard down" - he's engaged in battle against overwhelming odds and is at a disadvantage position wise. Since it clarifies a pent, it could mean that the imbalance has to do with resources - one person is giving more of their time, money, energy, etc. than they should because they don't want, or are not in a position, to fight or argue about it.