chakra spread/tarot/Reiki

GeminiLady

Hi Gang,

Something interesting happened to me tonight. I was trying out the chakra spread on a friend of mine who wasn't present at the time. I phrased the question..."tell me what I need to know about "John's" chakras so that I can help him."

The first thing that happened was that I got a purple flash of light that seems to be coming a lot lately..

I pulled my seven cards and was thinking to myself how much he really needs Reiki and how great it is to be able to have something like a chakra spread..wondering how it would help. I know that Reiki works on intention, but I was surprised that just from the desire to help my friend, I could feel the Reiki automatically start to send out to him as I focused on the cards I had spread out for him. --just thinking how much he needed healing.
I think I'm going to try this with my crystals, too...
Just thought I'd share that, I was so surprised it happened the way it did.

Love and Light,
Gem

MeeWah

GeminiLady: Your experience makes wonderful sense! Desire is the precursor to intention. Thoughts are things & the attention given them can result in their manifestation. You are apparently skilled with an understanding of your work.
With those qualities, one is automatically attuned so as to produce a desired effect apparently by the mere thought or at will.
At times prior to a scheduled reading for a client, I will receive impressions about the client or related to the client. They serve as an "intro" to the actual reading or enhance the reading when it actually takes place in the physical.

joya250

oooh! Chakra spread! that sounds neat!

where is the actual spread posted?

GeminiLady

chakra spread

Hi Joy,
I got the spread from the book "Power Tarot" ..basically you use 7 cards in a straight line like this:

and here is what the book says:

1) root chakra. color red, located at base of the spine. self-preservation, grounding, energy level, vitality and roots.

2) spleen chakra. color orange, located near genitals. sexuality, emotions, survival of the species, nurturing.

3) solar plexus chakra. color yellow, located in the solar plexus. ego projection, how you use or express vital energies, digestve functions.

4) heart chakra, color green, located in the center of the chest. universal love, healing, compassion, understanding

5) throat chakra. color blue, located in the throat. speech, self-expression, communication

6)third-eye chakra, color indigo, located in the center of the brow. visions, fantasies, dreams, psychic ability, visualization of thoughts

7)crown chakra. color violet, located just above the top of the head. our cosmic connection through which the Source manifests, higher aspirations, desire for truth and knowledge..

hope that helps. :)
Love and Light,
Gem

Ceti

There's also a chakra spead in the Dakini deck that is quite wonderful because it includes 4 heart influence cards. It is one of my favorite speads. Thanks for sharing your purple experience...

Ceti

blue

Gem;

Another great idea! Thanks for the post.

Have you got any insight into the purple flashes? I've been getting them from time to time for quite a while but I hadn't really connected them to anything until I read your post. Hmmm.

joya250

blue (03 Jan, 2002 11:21):

Have you got any insight into the purple flashes? I've been getting them from time to time for quite a while but I hadn't really connected them to anything until I read your post. Hmmm.

Hey! It seems like the purple flash of light would relate to the indigo color connected with the third eye! Truly "seeing" with your intuiton. hmmm, never thought about that before. interesting!

blue

Well, I can be a little slow sometimes. I hadn't noticed the flashes occuring during moments of unusual intuition or insight so I really hadn't put two and two together.

That could be because I am so naturally intuative and insightful or it could be because I can be a bit dim at times. Truthfully, I'm not sure which!

GeminiLady

what my RMT told be is that the purple indicates a connection to "Spirit" ..(or spirits-depending on your belief system) I'm also seeing white flashes, and silver and gold sparkles...I believe white is another aspect of the spirit connection, but not sure what the sparkles are at this point...

I don't really know about the relation to the intuitiveness just yet. For me, it seems related to the flow of the Reiki energy..It's like a signal telling me that the flow is on and help has arrived. :) But I'll have to pay better attention to see if I find an intitive connection as well...

So much to learn...gotta keep a better journal...bad gem...LOL...

Love and Light,
Gem

MeeWah

Perhaps the colored flashes & the pinpoints of light are related to chakra activity &/or the presence of spirit(s), depending on the circumstance. I have seen such manifestations during different circumstances, with prayer/meditation or mundane activities. There is often a sense of a shift in consciousness or dimension with the "sparkles"/lights; an awareness of being "of" the earth but not "bound" to the earth.