Working your Intuition with the Fey

bleuivy

This looks like a really interesting study! I'll give it a try tomorrow if I have time away from the lab. :)

Imagemaker

Imagemaker-
I might there be a few pieces of advise you could add here?

I can only say what works for me:

Trust yourself, and accept (go with) the first thought that comes when you look at the card. Speak or write it--bring it from the nebulous ether into form (without judging or dismissing or making it "sensible").

Then later you can think or construct or make some meaning from those first throughts.

snowy25

Ok, so for the exercise and the five card reading.
If I got it right the impressions and notes go in your own thread for example W.I.F. Snowy25 April 25 - May 1?
And after this post the five card reading in this thread?

lunalafey

Ok, so for the exercise and the five card reading.
If I got it right the impressions and notes go in your own thread for example W.I.F. Snowy25 April 25 - May 1?
And after this post the five card reading in this thread?

All you 'stuff' goes into your own thread- Imagemaker's is up and is just how it should look- with personal ajustements of course- like if you want different date for the week ;)

snowy25

Thanks for explaning lunalafey.
*Snowy crawls out for a moment to post the thread*

Imagemaker

While shuffling the cards....without thinking....write down 3 to 5 things (or more) that come to mind while you shuffle- you can set the cards down and pick them back up to shuffle between each impression- or just let the impressions flow and note it afterwards

How can we tell the difference between thoughts and intuitive impressions?

I'd like to hear how others do it. For me, the thoughts come from my normal thinking patterns/situations. The impressions come without that--as though dropped in from outside me, not arising from what's going on in my logical mind.

In order to make space for them, I have to focus on the shuffling and shift myself away from *thinking* into receiving, as though I'm a blank TV waiting for a signal.

And it's hard not to shift into thinking while I wait. It's like making myself stay in Neutral, idling, when I want to shift into Drive and go!

snowy25

What helps for me is just to let the emagination take over.
What's happening?
What could this action be about?
Why is this Fey doing this?
etc.
And then look at the position of the card and mix what you need from some of the awnsers into the reading.

Imagemaker

Actually, I was asking about the impressions that come during the shuffling, before I see the cards.

Using my imagination and asking questions about the image is a separate thing for me.

snowy25

Sorry about that Imagemaker.
I just thought you'd already done that.
But it was difficult for me to.
So I just wrote down everything down that came up and would like to know if someone else knows it.

ncefafn

Imagemaker said:
I'd like to hear how others do it. For me, the thoughts come from my normal thinking patterns/situations. The impressions come without that--as though dropped in from outside me, not arising from what's going on in my logical mind.

Well, if you look at mine, you'll see the first things that came out were quotidian thoughts. Then after that, some other stuff started to come in. I think you have to be willing to write down the normal thoughts before you can start receiving the intuitive impressions. It's like clearing away a layer of dirt before you can start excavating the archaeological finds.

Kim