Fake a reading

Bloudwedd

OK, lets see if I can explain this without people calling a shrink.....

During the last couple of das I have started to study the cards very intensly and to be honest I have kind of got addicted to learning to fluidly read the cards without any books and such next to me. I have done very few face to face readings in the past, but there is where I am dreaming to go, face-to-face. At the moment I am reading for people at AT ans also taking in requests from forums and such and via my own blog. However I have lately noticed two things that complicates things. First of all to some extent the oopportunities to read do not always regularily. Have you heard about the ketchup-effect? First nothing, then nothing again and then oooops - everything comes all at once. Which means that on slow days (like today) I really have nothing to do and I start feeling I need my "fix" :) On the other hand, I also noticed that I at the moment need to start practice on my sheilding and grounding even as I do e-mail readings. I am empatic and some times I take on way too much of my currents energy. Happened to me two nights ago and it took me 3 hours to even fall asleep although I was exhausted. So at the moment I can not handle more than one reading a day. Even less if they are very special. But I still want to work on the symbology and especially on how different cards come together.

So I am pondering the idea of doing "fake readings". Basicly, just turn up three cards for an imaginary client and read from there. What I worries about is if that would blurr my capability to plug into the card again when it is "for real" again. You know for the same reason some people say that confusing messages could be given when you keep asking the cards the same question over and over again. What you think? Am I just paranoid? Do you guys have any other suggestions in how I improve in learning how to read cards together and for diiferent subjects?

Do I here sirenes getting closer?

AJ

There is a whole book on doing this and of course my mind is blank but someone will come along with title and author. Anyway, he does a lot of pretend readings for fairy tale characters, actors, politicians, etc. Have at it, have fun

Sulis

I do fake readings for practice all the time.

I speak my readings to my querant who is a stuffed mouse I made 30 odd years ago in school called Tarot Mouse.. He asks his question and I read for him.

I've found that doing fake readings like this has really helped me to find my voice. I imagine his responses and continue on like that.

It's visualisation really and it works :)

wytchwood

I think it's an excellent way to get used to the cards, combinations, positions in a spread and keeping the flow going, but obviously the finer points like intuitive 'jumps' or unexpected insights only come when you read for a real person. I think one of the most daunting things about face-to-face reading can be the worry of having 'gaps' in the reading while you absorb the information, and for this I think it's excellent practice. I've been reading 'Professional Tarot- the business of reading, consulting and teaching', by Christine Jette, and in it the author says that she did exactly that, she sat down and read for imaginary clients and even taped it! I've been considering it myself, although I have done lots of face-to-face readings, I often go for very long stretches when I do none, so I would like to 'keep my hand in' as it were.

wytchwood

Sulis said:

I speak my readings to my querant who is a stuffed mouse I made 30 odd years ago in school called Tarot Mouse.. He asks his question and I read for him.

I've found that doing fake readings like this has really helped me to find my voice. I imagine his responses and continue on like that.

Oh that's adorable!

zoe xx

Bloudwedd

Sulis said:

Well as soon as I read it I went and brought sons yellow teddybear and put him at the kitchen table where I do most of my readings. He wont be missed anyway since son is motly using me as a lovey;-) Gonna be interesting to see what the neighbours think when they see me sitting in ront of the kitchen window reading for a childrens toy?! LOL!

Umbrae

Have a friend who did readings for characters in an online gaming community...

I've read for characters in novels...

But what has me concerned is your getting 'wiped out' when you read. Something is wrong there, and it's not empathic.

Think - how do readers sit and read for 8-10 hours at fairs and not get exhausted?

Something is very wrong...

Flavio

Bloudweed: You can also read for events happening in the news, a couple days later you can "confirm" how your reading showed development of situations, this includes politics, celebrity gossip or whatever gets your attention.

Bloudwedd

Umbrae said:
Have a friend who did readings for characters in an online gaming community...

I've read for characters in novels...

But what has me concerned is your getting 'wiped out' when you read. Something is wrong there, and it's not empathic.

Think - how do readers sit and read for 8-10 hours at fairs and not get exhausted?

Something is very wrong...

Thanks for your conscerns! Really good input as always! Well, it has only happened to be once and I really do not know the source of it. It may very well be that it was just too many hours infront of the computor. But on the other hand, I tend to get effected by too many people around me on crowded rooms too. Not the best opening for reading at fairs I know but doing face-to-face readings are what I am aiming for so I see it as a positive challenge. And ofc, besides exercising my stamina I have to start being more careful with how I ground and shield myself as I said before.

Sorry for double hijacking the threead- back to the faked reding! ^^