Tarot Deck Keychain

bladeraven

does anyone have the tarot deck that you can carry via your keychain.....was interesting if anyone had that and what they thought of it...I found one for 7.95 that was a minature Universal Waite..all 78 cards plus LWB so it was hard not to resist getting....sort of a portable tarot deck on the go....downside.....I have a 2 year old Grasshopper so I've just given my Grasshopper more temptation.....

Little Baron

I have that keychain ... just bought it as a novelty ... the cards stay pretty much within the box though. You literally have to pinch the deck from the box and once you do, they spray out all over the place.

LB

Asenath

So better to get a mini deck rather than the keychain deck for something portable?

Was thinking about the keychain deck myself, but there are more mini decks to choose from...hmmmm...

bladeraven

LittleBuddha said:
I have that keychain ... just bought it as a novelty ... the cards stay pretty much within the box though. You literally have to pinch the deck from the box and once you do, they spray out all over the place.

LB

LOL...I just got this funny image of cards flying in the air like Alice in Wonderland.......they do make great conversation starters....

Moonchild1721

I saw the tarot keychain on a website the other day and considered buying them. I do have a mini deck that I carry arround though, so I don't know if I need it.
Samantha

bladeraven

Moonchild1721 said:
I saw the tarot keychain on a website the other day and considered buying them. I do have a mini deck that I carry arround though, so I don't know if I need it.
Samantha

Lol..it's hard to say.....for me ..It's fun to just have on the keychain....guess a sign that you're a tarotholic...lol...I played with the decks when I'm waiting to get my car's oil change...and it's a bit hard to shuffle but you kinda get use to them...and they are just fun to have....

Little Baron

I looked at mine while I was in the car ... they went everywhere, like confetti - inbetween my legs, all over my lap, down the seat. My friend was driving and was like 'what are you doing?'. I think they have stayed in their box since that experience.

I suppose that they would be okay in a controlled environment (ie. not on the move in the car), where you could swish them about on a table and pick a few out. However, if you do not know the Universal Waite well and like to look at symbols, you may be at a bit of a loss here, because the cards are very small.

For a portable deck, I would not recommend this; I would go for one of the mini editions, as apose to miscroscopic. As was already mentioned, for a tarotholic, they are a perfect keychain.

LB

Violinagin

You could get a mini deck and attach a keychain ring to the box... :) or something like that. I have a miniscule deck (not a keychain) and it's just way too small to do anything with. Though I do use it some its definately not one I take with me :)

bladeraven

So far mines toddler tested....lol...It's a novelty and a great conversation starter...biggest thing is not taking it so seriously....I can throw it into a small bag when I go out on a date since all I take are my keys, lipstick and money and it would be hard to explain if not creepy to whomever is my date, why I have a deck of cards as well in my purse...it keeps conversation light and introduces whomever to my second favorite (first being Grasshopper)....

Emily

I slipped up when I ordered this deck and managed to get it without the keychain and plastic case. The cards are so small and the cardstock is more like paper - Its spent most of the time with me sat in the tarot bookshelf.

Without the keychain it isn't even a novelty, just a deck that is too small to be used.