Who's the best Tarot reader you know?

Disa

I'm still waiting to meet the best Tarot Reader I know. I've had only 2 professional card readings and those were many years ago when i first started reading. I wanted to see how the "real" tarot readers do it, and that's really the only reason I went. I was quite disappointed, but it gave me the courage to read for others because I knew I could do a better job than those two did. (that's not tooting my own horn- they were that bad) The people I've met in real life who read cards don't have the scope of knowledge as the people here on AT. They stick to only the original rider waite deck, the rote meanings from the book, they really don't seem to know other decks exist. Oh well. My expectations are way too high, I think. I'm waiting to find that reader that knocks my socks off. I want to be that kind of reader one day.

EmpyreanKnight

What I think matters is human connection, an ability to see the world through your clients' eyes, compassion, ethics, ruthlessness, life-experience, and honesty-with-yourself. Miss any one of those, and you won't end up saying what the client needs to hear, even if you do end up saying what they want to hear.

I like this insight, nisaba. Thanks!

Citrin

I have become very picky choosing a tarot reader these days. I had a pretty bad experience with someone who is quite well-known in the online community and after that I just want to make sure I don't go from a reading feeling powerless and sad. :(

I have had many fantastic readings! Here on AT many years ago when I was more active in the Exchange. And in the last year I have had wonderful readings by some YouTube people like Avalon Cameron, Wild Moon Woman, Kelly-Ann Maddox... :) So there are fantastic readers out there, thankfully. :)

Citrin

I don't think it has much to do with that, honestly. That is just bricks. A pallet of bricks does not make the perfect house, even though houses need bricks.

What I think matters is human connection, an ability to see the world through your clients' eyes, compassion, ethics, ruthlessness, life-experience, and honesty-with-yourself. Miss any one of those, and you won't end up saying what the client needs to hear, even if you do end up saying what they want to hear.

THIS! So important!

I feel there are two mistakes often being made when being a tarot reader (not saying I'm perfect here!). One is saying what the client wants to hear, because you're a bit too empathic with them.

And second... Judgement. I do think that unfortunately quite a few readers go into a reading subconsciously judging their client. "Ethics" have been discussed so many times, and often there are rules about not reading about this or that and X and Y. No one thinks about how judgmental that actually sounds, to say to your client "I won't ask that, it isn't ethical". You're instantly coming off on the wrong foot there.

A non-judgmental attitude and really seeing the question/situation from the client's eyes is essential.

When someone comes to you saying "My boyfriend has cheated a couple of times but we are REALLY trying now, can it work out?" you're supposed to look at the cards and give an answer. Not go with what your logical, judgy, mind is saying which might be "Oh honey, once a cheater, always a cheater!". that's just not card reading, it's judging.

zhadee

For me, the best tarot reader is the one who gives me a fresh insight to a problem, and helps me to see it differently.
I've met plenty of them, and I'm grateful for each of them.

Disa

For me, the best tarot reader is the one who gives me a fresh insight to a problem, and helps me to see it differently.
I've met plenty of them, and I'm grateful for each of them.

This is good to know. This is what I try to do, but I didn't think of it this way. I'm glad you said this. :)

Sophia77

The best reader for me hands down is Sheilaa Hite. She is based out of the Bershires in MA. She gives amazing insight, it is an interactive reading and she doesn't sugarcoat. I've also had the opportunity to take classes with her and she is just amazing. Cannot recommend her enough. She does email and phone reading also.

Richard

I have read what others say and I have to say it: the best reader I know is ME!

And I think that is true for ALL of us. We really know ourselves best, we just have to back up a bit and be objective about it.

Barb

Absolutely!