Card groupings

Tarheelgurl

So ever since I started studying tarot, I've noticed that I've developed my own way of looking at a deck. For me, the major arcana represent a higher (divine) knowledge and/or experiences. While the minor arcana are more in tune with our physical senses, needs, wants, and desires. For instance, to me the lovers are more of an indicator of divine love like that which you'd find in a soul group. While a card like the four of Wands, represents a marriage or union. Doesn't mean it'll last though, since it's based more on physical desire and passion. Does anyone else categorize the cards into separate groupings like this? Or is it just me?

RaaD

I look upon minors and majors in a bit different way.

Lets say that right now we are in point A in our life and we are heading to point B which is our future. These points are represented by the majors. How we are going to get there is up to us and the most possible way is represented by the minors.

PAMUYA

So ever since I started studying tarot, I've noticed that I've developed my own way of looking at a deck. For me, the major arcana represent a higher (divine) knowledge and/or experiences. While the minor arcana are more in tune with our physical senses, needs, wants, and desires. For instance, to me the lovers are more of an indicator of divine love like that which you'd find in a soul group. While a card like the four of Wands, represents a marriage or union. Doesn't mean it'll last though, since it's based more on physical desire and passion. Does anyone else categorize the cards into separate groupings like this? Or is it just me?
Yes ,kind of... minors are the day to day living cards, the majors I break up into categories, conscious, subconscious, and the super subconscious. I read a book on this, will see if I can locate it and pass on the name of it. In this book it explains how each major explores different parts of our psychological self.

Tarheelgurl

Yes ,kind of... minors are the day to day living cards, the majors I break up into categories, conscious, subconscious, and the super subconscious. I read a book on this, will see if I can locate it and pass on the name of it. In this book it explains how each major explores different parts of our psychological self.

I'd really be interested in reading that book if you find the name of it.

Tarheelgurl

PAMUYA

I had forgotten about this post. The book is Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack.. she decribes it in the first section under the Major Arcana. It is also mentioned in the book Seventy Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack.. in my book page 22.

Sorry about taking so long.