Rainbow Pentacle card???

FireNthaSky

Hi,

I lost my old deck and recently bought a new version of the Thoth deck. I was shuffling today and found a flat black card with a rainbow pentacle + flower shape in the middle, no words or numbers on it. This is entirely new to me, anyone know what this card represents?

Grigori

It's a unicursal hexagram. The 5 petalled rose in the centre represents the human realm, the 6 pointed hexagram around it is the divine realm. You can also picture it as the sun in the centre, surrounded by the other 6 traditional planets.

Crowley used the word Abrahadabra to represent the goal of magic, the union of 5 plus 6 (5 vowels, 6 consonants). Hence the number 11 is the number of magic.

There are a heap of threads here on the unicursal hexagram. Some people use this card to represent magic, or fate, or others use it as some kind of wild card, or the decks way of not answering. Though it wasn't intended to be used in readings by Crowley.

sapienza

You can see a very small image of it here.

brotherindolence

what to do with the uni hex card

I don't think it was ever intended to be cut with rest of the deck.
But one thing I have come up with is using it to map out this spread...

_____________1

______3_____________5

______6_____________2

_____________4

1) Spiritual condition/ spiritual conditions for growth
2) Family and relations
3) Creativity and expression in artistic matters
4) material matters/ financial concerns
5) love and expression of energies in relationships
6) work/business

This gives a good snap shot overview reading and looks cool with the hex in the centre!

BY the way... I'm not so keen on the rainbow vibe of the swiss editions.. the red on black hex looked way more evil and scary!

BI

FireNthaSky

excellent, thank you all for your help :)