"5 of pents", is there anything positive in this card?

kika_meow

It's a material challenge, a temporary setback, and it's often these things that make you stronger if you don't let them consume you. It might teach you some important lessons as well. And usually, it's in times of great need when you begin to see who your real friends are.

I guess the good lessons earned are the positive outcome in every card, and you're right, as a pentacles card, it's all about materialism, and as a 5, is all about challenge and setback.

You're also right, this card is kind of a proof that true friends stay with you even when you're passing through a rough time!

kika_meow

I think the positive in the 5 of pentacles is that you may be overlooking an obvious source of assistance. When we feel down on our luck, we may choose to wallow in self pity rather than seeing a way out. That's how i've come to interpret the card at times.

That's true. In Spanish we have a saying that translates literally as "I throw myself to the floor just because I want to be picked up". So that's what this card may be talking about: victimization of the self to call for attention and help, in stead of dealing with the problem or realizing that the way out is easier than we think. And that's positive, because it means that the answer to our materialistic struggle is there, we just don't see it!

headincloud

I don't see it as a positive card only within the larger scheme of things and in the 5P the wheel of fortune is usually at the bottom but it will turn again and we rise even higher at best.