Been Naughty - Feng Shui Tarot

MeeWah

Regarding your reference to 3 of Wands--perhaps more appropos from the deck's point of view to refer to it as Black Tortoise Three (3).

Again from the text:

Environmental Element: Water
Site Element: Wood
Tri Gram: [Broken line, broken line, solid line]
Direction: North

The wood site is distinquished by the birch trees atop a steep promentory overlooking the lake and undulating hills of the water environment. The water environment feeds and nourishes the wood site creating favorable and beneficial conditions for the occupant of this site. The tortoise climbs the incline, sensing the harmony of the location. It has become somewhat of a struggle to reach the top, but, looking to the water, the tortoise realizes that there is assistance available to him for future endeavours.

[I would tend to see the higher position at the top would provide a vantage view of the lay of the land/water, so to speak. Which can offer more information or resources for the future.]

Cerulean

Glad MeeWah was around...Little Buddha, this sounds like a 'struggle' deck

for you. And I realize something.

Now I remember why I did not use it over the Xmas break!

The Connolly's do have their own system of tarot that can be insightful if you subscribe to their ideas--and Feng Shui is a hard one because the five elements
is something you have to slip into, with a different hat.

LB, I'll be glad to still exchange readings (pm) or we can exchange conversation rather than 'real' readings because this might serve better as a card a day oracle with an I-Ching card for added wisdom...whatever works for you.

I have a class on Tuesday night, will be glad to start a thread to post an exchange on Monday night--you can pm me your question. Let's keep it simple, two or three cards and we can do past-present-future or a two-card combo.

I have to admit, I used this afternoon to happily go to a more standard tarot and map out fairy tales and browsed through fairy oracle decks rather than do a feng shui reading! But I'll be glad to 'struggle' with you!

Cerulean

Little Baron

Thanks Meewah and Cerulean

I am off to work in a matter of minutes but will get back to you both. Would still love to try and struggle and exchange Cerulean, so I will be in touch.

LB

Satori

Hi folks,
Wanted to bring this thread back to life as I'm a new owner of the deck.
I'm supposed to write a House of Tarot review on it and well, it is tough working it blind with no book!

Thanks Meewah for your informative posts, and if LB or Cerulean are interested in a reading exchange I'd love to try my hand at the deck.

Would love more conversation.....

Cerulean

I've replied in the reading thread...

...and hope you are enjoying the images and ideas coming to you!

Cerulean

punchinella

Hello everyone,

I too am now reviving this thread because of having just purchased the deck and feeling thrilled with the beauty of the majors, TOTALLY frustrated with the minors . . .

LittleBuddha, have you gained comfort with the deck?

Why oh why would any deck creator separate cups and water into two different suits, and associate the "cups" suit with fire? Oh my gosh, how ridiculous. And the Green Dragon suit bothers me too. It's just not coins/pentacles-like--at all! The dragons are fiery, and in motion; there's more tension than there ought to be in every one of these frames. If the Dragons were meant to be wands, well, that might work for me. And the Tortoises are a natural for pents, except for all that water & snow . . . The only suit that really seems right is the White Tigers as swords.

I'm thinking that in order to use the deck, maybe I need to just switch up the associations in my own mind, so that: Green Dragons=Wands, Black Tortoises=Pents, White Tigers=Swords, and Red Phoenixes= . . . Ummn . . . Maybe I could train myself to see all that red as blood rather than fire, thus keeping the cup association intact?

AAAARGH!

Kahlie

I received this deck from a generous soul! I haven't worked with it, because of sickness & vacation. I couldn't take it with me.

Wands as water? I see Wands as Spirituality, Creativity and Action. One of the big things that can keep me from action is Fear... Tortoises are excellent examples in this case... Simply because they can swim in the water and live on the land... they are in dual worlds, just as we live in a Spiritual and Material world. They interconnect, but it's hard to find balance between them. They carry a deep sea connection for me, therefore I have no problem seeing them as water...

Cups with fire? No problem... Cups are Emotions... My emotions cost me energy, because they send messages for me to get. If I don't deal with them... they slowly but surely 'burn' me down... Feelings transform, like the Phoenix does. The story of the Phoenix is an emotional one, one of lonliness, effort and sacrifice.

Green Dragons as Pents? Dragons in Chinese Mythology are usually big great snakes, they are not the Medieval European Dragons. They are snakes often with big heads and only rarely feet...
They are sometimes displayed as flying above the land, but they really keep the snake idea in their bodies. They are slow, old creatures, they are grounded, not easy to deal with... Pents for me are very stable...

Maybe it's because I'm half-Chinese... but these associations don't create such a confusion in me. However, I haven't yet tried this deck out, and I know nothing about Feng Shui, and am only starting to learn the I Ching... For me this Deck breaths... Health in a way... I'm anxious to try it.

Kahlie

punchinella

Well, I'm glad that one of us "gets it" . . . best of luck to you Kahlie as you start to work with the deck. I'm thinking of throwing the idea of tarot suits out altogether and just looking at the cards intuitively.

Actually, it's sort of encouraging to hear a perspective in which the deck as designed could work . . . flames as emotion, yes, I can certainly see that clearly enough :)

Indigo Rose

Readings...

I received this deck as part of my Mother's Day gift. On Memorial Day weekend I broke it out and did some online readings with it. WOW! It is a great deck. Using the intuitive reading process, and not using the LWB is the way to go. This deck has an incredible story-telling capacity. Here is a link to my reading thread if interested. Feng Shui

Blessings as you get to know this deck. I am loving it. :)

Peace,
Indigo Rose :love: