Yes or No

Wood33

YES/NO Spread-13 cards <Ace+Ace+Magician>

It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but of course, I'm terrible at explaining things. I'll try and do my best.
1. Shuffle the deck in anyway you find suited.
2. While or after shuffling, ask your question out loud to yourself or in your head - do the same for if you're doing the spread for someone else.
3. Start with pile 1, and start laying down cards. Keep doing so until you get 13 cards in the pile or receive an Ace or Magician.
4. If you don't get an Ace or Mage in your first pile, start a new one, and follow the third step until you finish the third pile.
• The Aces and Mage cards signify a 'yes', and a pile of 13 cards signifies 'no'.
• The Mage is more powerful than the Aces and symbolizes something like 'most likely' or 'very yes'.
• If you get both an Ace and a Mage in your reading, you can assume the answer is 'yes'.
• However, if for example you receive one Ace and the other piles have 13 cards in them, they outweigh the Ace, and the answer is 'most likely no'.
• Since the Mage has so much power in this reading, receiving the Mage and two piles of 13 cards, is a 'maybe' answer, or a 'possibly'.
• Obviously if you receive all Aces or two Aces and Mage, the answer is 'definitely yes'. Likewise, if all three piles contain 13 cards, the answer is 'definitely no'.
It's important to make the question as direct and clear as possible. Make it as simple as you can. I hear that if you already know the answer to a question you ask in a yes/no/maybe reading, the cards will end up messing with you.
Emily Peach provides a 'Yes or No, and If So, When?' - a Reliable 'Timing Spread in her book "The Tarot Workbook."
She says that her spread is designed to give a clear answer as to time in response to a clearly formulated question (Will I? When?) - one that demands (a) a 'yes' or 'no' reply and (b) an indication as to when the subject of the question will take place.

blueviolet

Wow, thanks for sharing this, Wood33! This is definitely cool. I just tried it two times. I hope I'm doing it right.
The first time I reached the third pile before I got an Ace as the 5th card, third pile. So I took that as a "most likely not." I stopped dealing at that.

The second time, for another question, the first card I pulled was an Ace. I wasn't sure if I stop there, or keep going? So the second card was another Ace. I was taking this as a yes. But I kept going because I wasn't sure if I was to stop. I got the Magician on the 12th card in the pile, and took this as a strong yes. I pulled the 13th card, just to finish the pile to see if there was another Ace, there wasn't. I didn't continue with 2 more piles, I just took my answer I got in the first pile.

Is that correct, or am I supposed to continue making 3 piles and then compare the balancing of where the Aces/Mage are?

EDIT: I tried again, and in first pile got none; second pile got one Ace; third pile got one Ace.
Was I supposed to continue with 3 piles in this case? If so, how would you interpret this? Thanks!

Mind

Wood33 said:
Emily Peach provides a 'Yes or No, and If So, When?' - a Reliable 'Timing Spread in her book "The Tarot Workbook."
She says that her spread is designed to give a clear answer as to time in response to a clearly formulated question (Will I? When?) - one that demands (a) a 'yes' or 'no' reply and (b) an indication as to when the subject of the question will take place.

Could you also post the Reliable Timing Spread... or is this one it? Sorry getting a little confused:)

Wood33

OK your doing it right :)

Well heres some advice when your dealing:
1) Draw 12 cards. You only stop if you deal out a magician card or ace.
2) Different people view this differently. Some say it matters if Ace/Mag are dealt upright. If your just starting out with spread, use ace/mag either upright or upside down.....no matter.
3)If you deal Ace+Ace+Ace= Definitely yes
" Ace+Magician+13 cards= yes
one Ace and the other piles have 13 cards in them, they outweigh the Ace, and the answer is 'most likely no'.

Keep trying the spread. I find it enjoyable for quick answers to daily questions. Also keep a log of your results. It helps me to deal with clients have various questions :) Enjoy.

Wood33

You need to figure out what works best for you and the feeling the cards give. I will explain why I choose each.
December to March
Ace of Pentacles = Winter
In the Rider-Waite deck, there is a hand holding a coin. In the background you have a group of clouds giving the sense they are blowing and that its windy and cold.
March to June
Ace of Wands = Spring
In the Rider-Waite deck, there are gray clouds exiting the card. There is a hand holding the Wand and there is plant life growing out of wand giving the sense that they just started growing. Plants first pop up in the spring :)
June to September
Ace of Cups = Summer
In this card, there is a blue sky in back. There is a hand holding a chalice, with a sun in back of it hinting that it is very warm out .
September to December
Ace of Swords = Fall
In Rider Wiate deck, there is a sword with a hand holding it. Behind the hand is a cloud and a blueish/grayish sky hinting it is cooling off from the summer.

Professor X

This is absolutely ingenious.
I mean this is pretty much fool proof. You cannot go wrong with this one.
I usually just pull one card to determine yes or no answers. If it is a positive card I usually take that as yes and negative card I take as a no.

But what you have come up with takes the cake.
This gives simple answers but yet expounds on it to give more clarity than just one card can bring to a reading. The one card yes or no readings tends to make you still wonder. But this is 100% because you are involving more cards in the scenario increasing the likelihood of a accurate answer.

This is a breakthrough in tarot reading.

tsukifune

I tend to avoid seeking "yes/no" answers from the tarot (because I'd rather not know, haha) but this method seems to leave enough wiggle room to keep me comfortable.

I just gave it a try for a "Are X and Y still happy with their relationship with each other?" and got the Ace of Swords, the Ace of Pentacles, and then a stack of 13 ending with the Sun. I take that as a "Pretty much, yes!" answer--but like any relationship, nothing is absolutely perfect, so the "no" stack isn't too surprising.

Question: do the cards on top of each stack retain any of their standard meanings beyond yes or no? Like, would the Ace of Swords as a "yes" also indicate that there is continued intellectual satisfaction or good communication in the relationship I asked about? Do you have to take into account the type of card that ends the "No" stack?

Thanks!

Edit: this isn't meant to be a "give me feedback on my reading" question. Don't want to violate the rules.

Luna Shay Luv

So if i deal and my first pile is a king of wands, then second pile ace of wands as third card then third pile ace of pents as second card, is that a yes or maybe?

Wood33

Luna Ley

OK Luna here it goes.
So if i deal and my first pile is a king of wands, then second pile ace of wands as third card then third pile ace of pents as second card, is that a yes or maybe?

In this type of reading your looking for the 3 aces. Two aces means more than likely but use the third card as a explainer card for the other two :

1) King of Wands 2) Ace of Wands 3)Ace of Pentacles.

Two aces point to a possible yes. Use that 3rd card to further explain the two aces together. King of wands is a favorable card.....so i would say most likely yes. If you got a 3 of swords, 8 of swords, Tower card, I would say most likely no.

Think about that King of Wands and what it means to the Querent and how it pertains to him/her:)

Wood33

Professor X

I am glad you like this spread but I cannot take full credit for it. it was one of the very hospitable residents from Aeclectic Tarot from about a year ago.