the Crossroads spread...my very first homemade spread

miss_apples

This is a decision making spread and Ive only used it once and it was pretty good. Heres the formation.....

----6----
4---3---5
----2----
----1----

Basically you start with a T...kinda like a T in the road and then the last card...card # 6 is above that kind of like the 3rd direction that you can take, just like when you come up to a crossroad when you are driving and deciding which way you should travel.

card 1: the root of the problem

card 2: what has lead up to the cuurent situation

card 3: present position

card 4: one possible outcome

card 5: another possible outcome

card 6: Summary card...possibly another outcome

I suggest when you lay down cards 4 and 5 to call out the possible outcome that card is to represent. For example if you ask "should I turn left or should I turn right" when you lay down card #4 youd say "what if I turn left" and #5 would be "what if I turn right. The last card can be used as a third possiblility if you have a third in mind, inwhich you would call out that one too, or it can just be a summary and final outcome card.

Simone

Hmm, Thanks, miss_apples!

Seems very interesting for situations where there is a conscious choice to make. Would one have to define the choices first?

I'll try it out!

Thanks again!
Light and love
Simone

Majecot

I like that miss_apples.

*cuts and pastes*

This one is going into my book as well. Thank you.

miss_apples

Simone said:
Hmm, Thanks, miss_apples!

Seems very interesting for situations where there is a conscious choice to make. Would one have to define the choices first?

I'll try it out!

Thanks again!
Light and love
Simone

I made the spread thinking that a person knew their choices and wanted to see what would happen with each choice before they made the desicion....but I dont see why it couldnt be used if you dont know the choices...cards 4, 5, and 6 could represent 3 unknown outcomes. Originally I was going to make it a T in the road spread...but then I remembered that I was told by a medium once that there are never just 2 choices, theres always at least one more.

Simone

There are always multiple choices - even more than we can imagine... :)

In the - "cards 4, 5, and 6 could represent 3 unknown outcomes"-case, I'm afraid to have to think that even with 3 cards, it would be limiting the Universe's fertility for solutions/outcomes. So, for your spread, I'd prefer to stay specific instead of vague ;) .

Anyway, I still have one more idea for "completing" your spread: If you have 2 (or 3) possible choices / outcomes, do you think it could be useful to cap each outcome with one more card in order to find out which action is required (or not desired) to achieve (or prevent) the respective outcome (achieve if it is desireable, prevent if it is undesireable)?

Light and Love
Simone

miss_apples

Simone said:
There are always multiple choices - even more than we can imagine... :)

In the - "cards 4, 5, and 6 could represent 3 unknown outcomes"-case, I'm afraid to have to think that even with 3 cards, it would be limiting the Universe's fertility for solutions/outcomes. So, for your spread, I'd prefer to stay specific instead of vague ;) .

Anyway, I still have one more idea for "completing" your spread: If you have 2 (or 3) possible choices / outcomes, do you think it could be useful to cap each outcome with one more card in order to find out which action is required (or not desired) to achieve (or prevent) the respective outcome (achieve if it is desireable, prevent if it is undesireable)?

Light and Love
Simone

The spread is really not supposed to tell you what desicion to take...its just supposed to tell you the effects of the possible desicion...kind of like what will happen if i go this way...and then what will happen if I go this other way. If the first card in positions 4, 5, and 6 is too vauge then yes I would suggest putting another card on top of that until you get enough detail and information you need to make your decision.

EnglishRose

Thank you miss_apples for this spread. I found this spread a while ago but never got round to trying it out until the other day but it worked really well. I really like this spread and i will definitely be using it again.
Many thanks,
Sophie xx