Sweet Twilight - Strength

thorhammer

Anyone else noted the little origami Yoda figure on the Strength card? What a great way to illustrate the traditional Tarot concept of Strength :heart:

Peaceful, the way of the Tao, but fearless in conflict. I love it.

\m/ Kat

victoria.star

thorhammer said:
Anyone else noted the little origami Yoda figure on the Strength card? What a great way to illustrate the traditional Tarot concept of Strength :heart:

Peaceful, the way of the Tao, but fearless in conflict. I love it.

\m/ Kat
Teach you I will.

GeorgiePorgie

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”
Yoda

GeorgiePorgie

“Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."

Yoda

Hemera

Oh this is brilliant, thank you! :) I have been wondering about this Yoda figure here. (I´ve never been much into Star Wars so I just know the bare basics..ashamed to admit..)

I love the Venetian mask in this card! I love all those beautiful masks in this deck! The woman removes her mask when she meets her guardian animal so that she can meet her as she truly is, face to face.

The little female figure in the background makes me think of the ancient European stone Goddess figurines from the Neolithic and Bronze eras. Thousands of them have been discovered in ancient village sites all over Europe. I recently saw some in a museum and they looked just like this one. This also reminds me of an oven where bread or wheat cakes were baked. It´s like a gate to some parallell Goddess world.

Attachments

• Strength.jpg
    Strength.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 219

Aerin

I think this card speaks of a need to take the mask off and look yourself in the eye, recognising just how strong you actually are inside.

DaisyDragonfly

Aerin said:
I think this card speaks of a need to take the mask off and look yourself in the eye, recognising just how strong you actually are inside.

Bingo!

This card is the one that made me *need* this deck. Most gorgeous Strength card. Not because of the art (though it is awesome) but because of the strength (ahem) of the image. The mask fascinates me.

RiccardoLS

One of my preferred Strength, as well.

I think that - more than other cards - Strength is definitely evolving in Tarot.
It's just that our concept of what Strength is, is moving toward a concept of "harmony" from a concept of "power".
The Lady does not tame the Lion, but she shows herself. I can see no fear, no pain, no fight, no conflict, no demands, nothing but "being yourself".
And the Yoda totally dominates the scene.
[by the way: in Italian Force and Strength use the same word --> Forza]

thorhammer

RiccardoLS said:
[by the way: in Italian Force and Strength use the same word --> Forza]
Hi, Ric :) If this is the case, then how do you distinguish between the two nuances meant by the words "force" and "strength" in English? Is there another word?

Did you see the recent thread about the Visconti (?) Strength card?

\m/ Kat