beltane spread - majors and courts

emily2otters

someone asked about beltane spreads, and someone else asked about spreads using only majors... this is the spread i did today to find out more about this summer.

. . . . . . . . 1 / 2 . . . . . . . . . .
. . 3. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4. . .
. . . . . . . . . . 5. . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . .6. . . .7. . . .8. . . . . . .
. . . . . .9. . . 10. . .11. . . . . .

. . . . . . . . 12 / 13

1/2: center/crossing at beltane: my general state of being today, and how it's being expressed

3: major inner forces: what's moving and shaking in me right now
4: major outer forces: what's moving and shaking outside of me, forces acting on me
5: their meeting: how these forces interact, how i deal with them, how i express them
6, 7, 8: joys and challenges: major tasks for the summer, issues that will come up
9, 10, 11: best tools: those skills i have or can develop in order to make the most of the summer's opportunities
12 / 13: center/crossing at samhain: my general state of being after the summer's over, and how it'll be expressed

i put all the majors and court cards in a pile, and shuffled them by messing them up on the table (well actually i was in bed :) ). i watched the swirl of cards and thought about the passage of time and the swirls of energy coming into my life, going out again... then gathered them all up and laid out the reading.

i did the same with the pip cards and used them to get some more context and clarification when needed... for instance, the 13 card was the empress reversed. i drew three pips and laid them beside her: the 10 of cups, the 5 of pentacles, and the 5 of cups. i read that as a sort of floaty joy, detached from people and things... an ungrounded spiritual high. wishful thinking? *wink*

Mermaid

Emily - Thanks for sharing that spread - I'm definately going to try this one out! (do I really have to wait till Beltane tho? I think I might cheat and give it a go on Yule eve!)

goddesscarlie

I am looking forward to trying this spread, but I am wondering what it means for those in the southern hemisphere - do I just change "summer" to "winter" or do you think there is more significance or ... ?