Playing Cards: Jack of Hearts

Little Baron

Now, I am getting the hang of the trios. I am actually remembering 60% of the card meanings too, so everything is starting to click.

Well, I say that, but there still lies one stone unturned.

I know how to interpret trios by where a court stands - whether it is related to them or me.

But as for describing those people, I am not quite so confident.

Can we try to find out their most basic characteristics? At the moment, I am lumping them in with the tarot court ideas and I am not quite so sure whether that is correct or not.

So the youngest member is the Jack.

I see him as a mixture of the page and the knight of tarot. He is the youngest but he can also be a bit gutsy and extravagant in his manner.

Let's take the Jack of Hearts. Is he the romantic? The sentimentalist. He looks behind and possibly inward, rather than forward. He looks back at us and not forward. Does this show that he cares?

He is serious about love and emotional issues. He is probably often made fun of for this. He is immature and does not know how to balance out how he feels with what he thinks, so this might be his downfall in a 'real' relationship, rather than a fantasy one.

I am not sure how to continue with this, so cartomancers, please step in. Also, feel free to start new threads for the courts. I think that because they are basic, people give them far less attention than they should receive. Let's change that.

LB

Mystic Leo

Oh thank you for this thread LB, I'm the same with these courts, just dont seem to be able to place them at all.

Just today I drew Jack of heart as myself.......well I just dont get that, though the family always say I'm young at heart....so thats what i'm thinking ......unless someone can tell me something else!

Little Baron

I just noted that he also stares directly at the heart. This might strengthen the romantic in him. All of the suit courts do. Focused on love and feelings. Not thinking with their head. But with their heart. Childish fantasies. Idealised notions. Fairytale stuff, not mature and rational, experienced love like his parents.

LB

Mystic Leo

LittleBuddha said:
I just noted that he also stares directly at the heart. This might strengthen the romantic in him. All of the suit courts do.
LB

Hey LB, do you mean all the courts face their sign just in hearts, or all of them face their signs? Only Jack:heart: in 5 packs i have face the heart, also the King:diamond: I guess he's keeping an eye on his money!

Little Baron

In the pack I am using, all three 'heart' courts' look directly at the symbol in the card.

LB

Joermit

Well... I look at the Jack of Hearts in several ways, depending upon what's around him or what I'm feeling...

As a situation I feel he can represents some of the following: movement toward emotional fulfillment, going with the flow, romanticism and/or idealism, a creative spark, an offer/message/gift of love, emotional immaturity/naivette, sensitivity, beginning of a time of great intuition... and some other things... I know I've used all those meanings for him, again depending what's around him, how he's dignified, what I'm feeling...

As a person I like this character... for the most part he (or she) is sentimental and loving... a romantic (sometimes overly so), intuitive, laid back and easy going... into art/music/theatre... genuine, caring, affectionate... warm and kind... funny and silly... has a youthful, innocent energy and emotional exuberance... and more given flavor by what's around...
can be a little moody, but usually caused by sensitivity...

I do not use physical descriptions for my face cards...

It's funny... in the way I read cards, I don't get too many ppl who are truly heart-like by nature... lotsa spadey ppl and cluby ppl... some diamondish... but not a whole lotta heartsy folk... ppl do go through heartsy moments though... that's what I seem to have found anyway...

I hope that helps?? I read cards in my own way that it's hard to pin down a set meaning for cards, especially face cards... I just let em talk to me... so, I do hope I helped some.. thanks and take care!

Joey

colorwalk

I view the Jack of Hearts in mostly the same way Joermit does, but there's another thing I'd like to add.

It may sound contradictory, but I often see Jack of Hearts as someone who is fickle in love though he would never ever think so. He loves the idea of romance and he's so very emotional, but that also makes him very easily swayed. He craves to love, and in a way, that makes him fall in love quite easily. However, each time he loves- he'll say "This time, it's different! THIS is true love!" and he'll be completely consumed in that love. But someone could come along that this Jack clicks well with, and he could very well be swept away and say yet again, "I thought I knew love, but no...THIS time, it's real!" And so in this cycle he may keep going- without ever thinking that there's anything wrong. After all, what could be more important than the quest for love, he'll think.