The Law of Attraction Tarot deck

Tishatti

Hi.
Does anyone own the Law of Attraction deck? What are your opinions of it? Any good?
Xx

Zephyros

I don't, but based on The Secret, it sounds downright horrible.

Tishatti

I don't, but based on The Secret, it sounds downright horrible.

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. When I first heard about The Secret, I felt quite uncomfortable about it. All seemed to be about money, possessions and all the material things in life. My daughter felt the same. She's on a course in mediumship studies, the first module being about self awareness. One of the mini courses she went on was about "The Secret". She expressed her concerns to her tutors, and after they explained things a little more to her she kind of understood what it was all about a little better, though still feels a little unsure. It's not just a case of money and possessions I guess.

There are so many other things that we want to attract to us in life, like happiness, love, peace, health. And if we visualise it, and believe we can have it, and that it's our total right, that we deserve it, then we can draw it to us. It's all about positive thinking. Nothing wrong with that.

As for wishing for other things, well we all do it, wish we had that certain dress, that car, or even that gorgeous new tarot deck we've seen, ha!

Still a wee bit uneasy at how it's portrayed though. But they say we shouldn't feel guilty about "asking" for things, as there is an unlimited abundance of everything thee for us should we want it.. Dunno..

rwcarter

There are so many things wrong with that deck, and I've already gone over them in this thread. (See this post for a synopsis of which posts to look for.) Whipped cream? Really? I still don't get it.

Tishatti

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for that. Still debating on whether or not to order.. Seems kind of intriguing, and I do like whipped cream, lol!

avalonian

I didn't like the deck at all, despite being a great believer in the concept of the Law of Attraction (which is more about being at peace with where you are than becoming rich in material things). The Secret is more money oriented than the Esther Hicks/Abraham approach which feels more spiritual. The Secret felt to me to be more about greed.

I don't think the Law of Attraction deck itself is of any real value in working with the Law of Attraction. I just use my other decks and ask questions to help me work with it better.

The Law of Attraction deck made no sense to me at all, I couldn't really relate to it and couldn't be bothered to struggle on with it. I was extremely disappointed as I was really excited when I heard it was coming out.

Hated the artwork as well. I expected it to be really bright and cheerful and uplifting and full of sunshine. It wasn't. It actually felt quite gloomy and depressing and I didn't keep it.

Le Fanu

I really don't detect The Secret in this deck. I only know of it through threads here. Maybe it was in the LoS marketing material and I missed it.

But as I neither know nor care much about The Secret, I don't really detect it in the deck. Like if you don't *get* astrology (as I don't) you tend not to see it in decks.

The artwork in this is quite nice. Perhaps I like gloomy and depressing? Whipped cream doesn't bother me. The smiling, leaping dolphin does. I generally have time for random, eccentric deck choices...

I never really use it but there are some very nice cards in there and many decks I dislike more. But I do wish the artist had been used for a more readable, interesting deck

metatron3

( ... ) The smiling, leaping dolphin does. I generally have time for random, eccentric deck choices...

I must say it is the only thing that keeps me for getting it.
I didn't saw the leaping dolphin until you mention them in another thread and yes, they scared me. The smile ... there's something about that smile ...

Tishatti

More I look into it, the more I am beginning to think its not a deck for me..

RichardG

Enter At Your Own Risk

So a few weeks ago my old tarot teacher confided that she was "sick to death of Rider" (heresy!) and that she now read exclusively using The Law of Attraction deck. I dutifully browsed through the cards and was quite enamored! These cards are filled with readily recognizable and very accessible 21st century images. And, despite those Dolphins, I thought to myself "This is yet another 'must have' deck".
It arrived last night. Hardcase kit with magnetic clasp, LoS cardstock thick and heavy (which I love) plus the 158 page book - all good.

I started reading the book today - only got as far as page 10.....

"Sources indicate that it (the Law of Attraction) was in fact known to Egyptian and Babylonian priests, Hindu gurus, sages of antiquity including Plato and Pythagoras, the masters of esoteric traditions and the connoisseurs of secret societies such as the Illuminati and the Masons."

Oh.My.Dear. Every shudder-invoking New Age keyword strung together in one sentence. (The only thing missing was Atlantis)

I'm sorry, but I just can't go another page further.....

The Book aside, I'm pleased to find that (most of) the cards have retained their original appeal.
I will probably use this as a 'reach to' deck to clarify RWS readings with younger querents.
Whilst The Cards have their place - at least for me, not so The Book!