Planets-Between-Partners Series: Sun-Jupiter

dadsnook2000

It is time to take up the "Planets-Between-Partners" Series again now that I have recovered from a serious medical condition and am now quite well. This pair of planets, the Sun in one Chart aspecting Jupiter in a partner's chart is quite a powerful combination. Jupiter represents opportunity, support, benefit, gain, enlargement, optimism, practical vision. When any/all of these attributes are lent to the Sun's warmth, ego, direction, vitality -- well, everything seems to grow like mushrooms within a relationship. But that doesn't mean that all is "roses." Let's look at some aspects.

SUN conjunct, sextile, trine JUPITER
All of the high-level attributes seem appropriate with these aspects: generosity, protectiveness, mutual confidence and trust in each other. These qualities can apply to almost anykind of a partnership; friends, lovers, marriage, business, spiritual groups, social and support groups. If there is any inbalance in the benefits of the relationship, that imbalance may favor the Sun as Jupiter will be supportive and encourage Sun to do more. Sun will invigorage and guide Jupiter, so if the Jupiter partner is the lead-partner in some sort of activity or experience, then Sun will guide, teach, promote, inspire.

My wife's Sun is conjunct my Jupiter. I have always been supportive of her efforts in terms of work, her ideas for the home and family. Although she would disagree, to some degree she is spoiled in terms of having her wishes fulfilled. Keep in mind that she works hard and carries her share of the family load -- past the retirement point we are raising three grandchildren and taking care of her 93 year old mother.

SUN-square-opposite-JUPITER
These contrary aspects, including the 45 and 135 degree angles, bring out some of the adverse meanings of these two astrological bodies. Perhaps it is more appropriate to say that the good things of this pair are toned down and that some wrinkles can be found in terms of how they fit together. Each body tends to favor its own forms of expression instead of blending together smoothly.
** Sun-opposite-Jupiter: Sun can be a bit arrogant, more image focused, will push some of its functions upon Jupiter -- assuming unquestionable support by the Jupiter person. Jupiter can be big in the mouth, offering or suggesting things that are not so easily accomplished or supported.
** Sun-square-Jupiter: Here the Sun's power will often directly challenge the intent and optiism of Jupiter -- it seems that Sun can't take "yes" for an answer. Jupiter can be disappointing in terms of consistency, often delaying or shortcutting support for the Sun when things aren't going well.

I await comments from thos who have these aspectual combinations. Dave

rainwolf

Glad to hear you're feeling better Dave.

My SO's sun is at 13 cappy and my jupiter is 14 Pisces. I believe the sun would be sextiling jupiter. I think I get the energy of the sun, while my energy of jupiter goes the other way. Each causes growth however and it is harmonious. My astro software says it gives an interest of philosophy and teaching to both, and it gives me growth and confidence, while giving popularity to my SO.

The program gave me a vivid interpretation that was to a great extent correct, but with it only 28 seconds out of a perfect sextile I think book interpretations would be correct.

dadsnook2000

For Rainwolf

Yes, it seems you have a great sextile going there for both of you. I like your observation about Jupiter bringing popularity to the Sun -- a nicely finessed point showing one of the ways that Jupiter can enlarge another astrological bodies expression. Dave

stardancer

This is tricky. Jupiter is full of themselves no matter the aspect, imo.

My husband's Jupiter trines my Sun. He has a Venus Jupiter conjunction, so his Venus also trines my Sun. That's an aspect we've already covered and sounds loverly, right? What is funny is, while my Jupiter doesn't connect to his Sun at all, I also have a Venus/Jupiter conjunction. My husband and I get along well, he does support me in what I want to do fully. I think he would naturally (the conjunction) whether we had the trine or not. The thing is, he expects me to pay homage also. I scratch your back, you scratch everything I've got here, lol. Hubris is involved with Jupiter, no matter what, as I see it. Both of us are very arrogant, even towards each other.

isthmus nekoi

Interesting rainwolf, my partner's Jupiter is sextile my sun. He has a very wide social network w/strong ties, plus a stellium in 11th. I am now friends independently of him w/a few of his friends. (Independent meaning, I go out w/them w/o him.)

I think this energy is also for-giving (Jupiter being the forgiving party).

rainwolf

isthmus nekoi said:
Interesting rainwolf, my partner's Jupiter is sextile my sun. He has a very wide social network w/strong ties, plus a stellium in 11th. I am now friends independently of him w/a few of his friends. (Independent meaning, I go out w/them w/o him.)

I think this energy is also for-giving (Jupiter being the forgiving party).
Very interesting, because that is similar (the wide network). I feel I could easily spend time with them without my SO so I know our friends "match" as it is mirrored the other way also. It's very easy to spend time with the other person's social network(s).

dadsnook2000

That sextile

Wow, the books always seem to mention that the sextile aspect is related to communicating -- 1st house to the 3rd house, Aries to Gemini. Its nice to see two similar examples both expressing this old "standard meaning" for the sextile. Thanks for sharing, rainwolf and isthmus nekoi.

Its personal examples like this that help the AT members better grasp and deepen their astrological understanding. Dave