Working for an online tarot service

Aunty Anthea

I am studying Mind-Body Transformational Psychology with a concentration in Spiritual Studies and Hypnotherapy.

Also, I love it and I don't feel stuck. :) It's getting cold and I have a wood stove. ;) I just meant that a job sitting at the computer would be perfectly suited for my lifestyle at this point.

WOW that looks really exciting :love:

Just had to check online to find out what the course is because I confess I had never heard of it before. I have to say that I am EXTREMELY IMPRESSED and wish you all the best :)

I am also jealous of your real wood stove :(

Do not forget to exercise your eyes and have a good stretch every hour or so :love:

I expect you will do very well so remember us when you are rich and famous :livelong:

delinfrey

I also work with Didilabs and I can confirm that you don't get feedback from your sitters (in fact, you don't communicate with your sitters). You are assigned to readings where you have the type of spread, some info about the sitter and then the cards (and the cards are chosen for you, you don't do it yourself at home with a physical deck). You write your interpretation in the given form and then submit the reading. So you don't actually interact with the sitter or physical cards.

I do, though - I like to lay out the cards physically as well, as I find this helps me focus better and offers more meaningful readings. I just connect better with the cards this way. They use a selection of decks so there is some versatility to the readings (there are no questions - just a choice between 4 spreads, which are always the same layout).

You can get feedback from the moderators, though; they use moderators to ensure quality readings to their sitters and you have to follow some guidelines regarding the readings. Nothing over-the-top, actually it makes me feel really good as a reader to see that they are really pushing themselves regarding offering a quality service. If the moderators feel that you should adjust your reading, they will request the change. It has never happened to me - and I work hard so that it wouldn't!

I have been thinking about joining a chat service (I don't like to talk on the phone, so no phone services for me), but I think that Didilabs (and similar) is the best way to work online for me.

Obsydian

I also work with Didilabs and I can confirm that you don't get feedback from your sitters (in fact, you don't communicate with your sitters). You are assigned to readings where you have the type of spread, some info about the sitter and then the cards (and the cards are chosen for you, you don't do it yourself at home with a physical deck). You write your interpretation in the given form and then submit the reading. So you don't actually interact with the sitter or physical cards.

I do, though - I like to lay out the cards physically as well, as I find this helps me focus better and offers more meaningful readings. I just connect better with the cards this way. They use a selection of decks so there is some versatility to the readings (there are no questions - just a choice between 4 spreads, which are always the same layout).

You can get feedback from the moderators, though; they use moderators to ensure quality readings to their sitters and you have to follow some guidelines regarding the readings. Nothing over-the-top, actually it makes me feel really good as a reader to see that they are really pushing themselves regarding offering a quality service. If the moderators feel that you should adjust your reading, they will request the change. It has never happened to me - and I work hard so that it wouldn't!

I have been thinking about joining a chat service (I don't like to talk on the phone, so no phone services for me), but I think that Didilabs (and similar) is the best way to work online for me.

I lay out physical cards too!
It helps me better connect, especially since some of the decks they use don't connect well with me, especially after looking at them a year and a half!
But what I also do is I use it to learn a new deck as well or to open up better insight into the card's meaning. It's a good focus and great exercise I find.

I too have never gotten any returned readings or messages from a mod.

Nemia

That's funny - I always have a deck at hand and have also re-created difficult readings with physical cards to get a better feeling for them.

I had once a moderator request, a very small detail.

I'd love to see your interpretations...

I noticed over time that some cards appear very often (Hermit, Star, 4/Pentacles) and others very rarely (9/Cups, World, Empress). I don't know how to explain it.

Calcifer

I see that this is an "old-ish" thread, but it looks like everyone is still pretty active here on AT...and I'm wondering something....
I've been perusing the Phutureme website with the intention of asking for a chance to do some sample readings. I can see that there are quite a few other places where I might do the same, but I have a bit of a blockage: ALL I have is a laptop with wifi. That's right, no phone OR cell phone, and certainly nothing like an android, smartphone, or anything else.
Will this suffice do you think ?
Thanks in advance (if anyone even sees this....lol)...
Michael

UPDATE: Impatient me... I just went ahead and applied to be tested with the 5 readings :)

AnemoneRosie

That's funny - I always have a deck at hand and have also re-created difficult readings with physical cards to get a better feeling for them.

I had once a moderator request, a very small detail.

I'd love to see your interpretations...

I noticed over time that some cards appear very often (Hermit, Star, 4/Pentacles) and others very rarely (9/Cups, World, Empress). I don't know how to explain it.

I get repeating cards as well, although for me it's the 5 of Wands, 3 of Pentacles, and 8 of Cups. There are other cards that I've yet to see. I have wondered about this as well, and have no idea how to explain it.

I see that this is an "old-ish" thread, but it looks like everyone is still pretty active here on AT...and I'm wondering something....
I've been perusing the Phutureme website with the intention of asking for a chance to do some sample readings. I can see that there are quite a few other places where I might do the same, but I have a bit of a blockage: ALL I have is a laptop with wifi. That's right, no phone OR cell phone, and certainly nothing like an android, smartphone, or anything else.
Michael

UPDATE: Impatient me... I just went ahead and applied to be tested with the 5 readings :)

How was it for you? Or has it not happened yet? I think they only happen at certain times.

While I have a cell phone (and use it to get reading alerts from Phuture) I type on my wifi-enabled laptop. It's just easier than using my phone. That is, unless I've forgotten to tell the site that I'm on vacation and a reading suddenly pops up!

tarotlova

Michael

I work on Phuture Me, a laptop should be fine with Wifi and it is a great place to work from, I have been there for 2 years in January next year I love it. :)