Yucky LS backs!

Fulgour

Deana said:
I hope someone solves which deck it is, though, because it looks beautiful.
Ah! ;) My "mystery" Lenormand backs...
but ~ a nice example for LS to consider.

Attachments

• Lenormand Card Backs as yet Unidentified...JPG
    Lenormand Card Backs as yet Unidentified...JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 185

Onyx

It has been awhile for this thread . . .

I was looking over my new Circle of Life deck and it made me remember this thread. I love the back because it is a simple pattern the only thing I might say is that the color is a bit bright but all in all great.

This made me think of the more recent decks that have come out.

Universal Fanatsy -- While a reproduction of the Wheel card the back is beautiful.

The Mona Lisa Tarot -- Again a take on the Queen of Chalices but also fantastic!

Tarot of the Holy Grail -- Perfect fit, a simply tile pattern, good mild green color choice

The Universal Goddess -- Though not a fan of the deck overall the back pattern is briliant in coloring and does capture the mood of the deck.

My Favorite back may still be thethe blue and white star pattern on the Universal Tarot.

Things on the flip side seem to be looking up.

Allan

WolfSpirit

I agree Onyx, the Circle of Life has great backs.

I seemed to have missed this thread originally, it was well worth reading for the man contemplating a potato in the two of wands :laugh:
I like it if a deck has nice backs, but if I don't like the backs, it is not enough to put me off a deck.
I hope in future LS will have more decks with backs like the Circle of Life - with an original back design, not a re-make of one of the cards in the deck.

Gavriela

Fulgour said:
Ah! ;) My "mystery" Lenormand backs...
but ~ a nice example for LS to consider.

That's the Blumenorakel, unless I'm mistaken - the flower Lenormand.

Whitney

My favorite backs so far: Victorian Romantic, Golden, Osho Zen, Rohrig, and Universal Marseille. They are gorgeous!

Aerin

Just to agree with most of what has been said:
Universal - lovely
A card squooshed into a back and made monochrome often in a rather euch colour - not good.

Please please ask the artist should be asked to design a back that complements the front of the card, simple geometric patterns or a motif repeated seem to work well for other decks. The MR Bohemian Gothic is one of my favourites - they tesselate when you put a group of cards togther as well.

Playing card backs are a good model if you need 1-colour: some of my Piatnik backs are lovely!

Aerin

ps Escher type patterns would be lovely http://www.tessellations.org/eschergallery10.htm

Onyx

Tarot of the Magical Forest

I just got my copy today and I thoght of this thread.

The back is gorgeous! It is a forest green color of trees and trimmed with soem sky blue on the left and right edges.

It is reverseable and though I am not art student it seems that the art style on the card images does not match the art on the back of the cards.

It is nice and seems to be a growing trend.

I am looking forward to the Dark Grimore deck this fall and hope that it doesn't disappoint me.

Allan