Enochian translations.

ravenest

Who translated the Enocian language into English (or the first translation from Enochian)?
In the G.D. book it states that the language came with the translations and Dee or Kelly didnt do the translation. I'm not sure if this is mentioned in Liber Chanokh?

Is this right? From reading the material I get an idea of how the letters and words were transmitted but not a translation. Was an Enochian word pointed out by the angel and following that the English? Or have I missed somethin somewhere?

Always Wondering

The reception of Enochian started on March 26, 1583, when Kelley reported visions in the crystal of the twenty-one lettered alphabet characteristic of the language. A few days later, Kelley started receiving what became the first corpus of texts in the purported Angelic language. This resulted in the book Liber Loagaeth ("Book [of] Speech from God"). The book consists of 49 great letter tables, or squares made of 49 by 49 letters (however, each table has a front and back side—making 98 49x49 tables in all).[4] Dee and Kelley said the angels never bothered translating the texts in this book.

The other set of Enochian texts was received through Kelley about a year later, in Krakow. These are more important since they come with English translations, thus providing the basis for the Enochian vocabulary. The texts comprise 48 poetic verses, which in Dee's manuscripts are called "Claves Angelicae", or "Angelic Keys". The Keys are assigned certain functions within the magical system. Dee was apparently intending to use these Keys to "open the 49 Gates of Wisdom/Understanding" represented by the 49 magic squares in Liber Loagaeth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian

Maybe the angels? I don't know. It took me three days to notice your post over here. Just trying to garner up attention. ;)

AW

Grigori

Angels communicated the translation together with the Enochian. Some parts were both together, others was the Enochian first and then the English later on.

ravenest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian

Maybe the angels? I don't know. It took me three days to notice your post over here. Just trying to garner up attention. ;)

AW

Thanks AW ... I read all that before but missed this bit; "Dee and Kelley said the angels never bothered translating the texts in this book." Which I guess means the Angels DID translate the others. never "bothered' ??? .... lazy angels! :)

ravenest

Angels communicated the translation together with the Enochian. Some parts were both together, others was the Enochian first and then the English later on.

Thanks G. (how did you find that out).

I hope that satisfies that student in my group that always seems to come up with these great questions that help me learn more.

Always Wondering

Thanks AW ... I read all that before but missed this bit; "Dee and Kelley said the angels never bothered translating the texts in this book." Which I guess means the Angels DID translate the others. never "bothered' ??? .... lazy angels! :)

Lazy angels and lazy wiki post. :laugh:

AW

Grigori

Thanks G. (how did you find that out).

I hope that satisfies that student in my group that always seems to come up with these great questions that help me learn more.

I read True and Faithful, and a couple of commentaries like DuQuette's "Enochian Vision Magic" which was as usual the most approachable introduction. I can look up a specific reference if that helps. From memory the calls were transmitted first and translation later, but at other times they came together.

ravenest

I read True and Faithful, and a couple of commentaries like DuQuette's "Enochian Vision Magic" which was as usual the most approachable introduction. I can look up a specific reference if that helps. .

Nah, I dont need the exact ref. thanks though,