3 of Disks - Lord of Works

TenOfSwords

I was wondering about a couple of details on it

It seems pretty straight forward at first, but then there's the three wheels: They have the alchemical symbols on them (salt left, sulfur right, mercury top) which seems to make the card significant aside from the "simple" works meaning and relates the card to XIV ART (that's what art is)?

The crystal pyramid caught me as the same symbol as the eye of the dragon symbol (upside down) from celtic lore (I think it's celtic) and I could see a potential connection, but I'm more interested in the fact that the pyramid is actually a tetrahedron - connecting it to the number 4. So the number 4 is part of the symbolism in the 3 of Disks?

Thoughts on what the alchemical significance is and the number 4 connection?

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, this is what I found, basically the 3 of disks having the three wheels, represents as you said the 3 alchemical properties, but in tarot the three alchemical symbols to me represent the magician, as mercury, Salt, as Empress venus , sulphur as Emperor mars. Looking at this from Paul fosters view, according to kabbalah each sephiroth is made of what came before, so it also means what comes after also, since they are all interconnected. So taking this idea from him, he would do the same with tarot trumps. So if 3 represents binah, also Empress 3, the next step of the alchemical marriage would be Emperor, which would be 4. So you see on the card the astrological symbolism, of Mars in Capricorn, Emperor in Empress. Also the pyramid represents Binah, 3 corners, 3 = empress= binah. See? Hope my information made sense,

Serpenta