View Single Post
Citizen

Moongold 
How to begin?

Well, we have a good group to start with.

Do people have any particualar ideas about what they would like to do in the Study Group and how they would like to begin?

The first eight cards of the major arcana introduce the introduce the major Gods and we could explore these in some detail as the themes recur throughout the deck.

The cards from 9 to 21 tell the story of the death and resurrection of Osiris.

To kick us off can I suggest that we commence with a study of the Majors and card O The Fool ? I would be happy to begin this to get us going and we can see how it pans out. There is a wealth of discussion in each card - so much mythology, history and iconography. As well there are the complementary systems which Barrett uses - astrology, the elements and the Cabbala.

A possibility is that each of us take reponsibilty for doing one of the first eight cards in detail and each can comment and add to the discussion for each card. There is nothing to stop us all beginning at once, together.

I think there is value in doing these cards in some kind of order because of the themes runing through them, and the first 8 cards form a natural group.

It should be a great deal of fun.

We would have a thread for each card and we could also have a thread for other resources such internet links to pages that are relevant. And also an index.

I am happy to take the administrative responsibilities if no-one else wants them.

Now these are just suggestions. If you have other suggestions or ideas it would be great to hear them.

So (being very assertive here . I will begin with 0 Fool. If each of you want to take one of the first eight cards wch one do you want? Stake your claim here!

I suggest we head each thread as follows:

ANCIENT EGYPTIAN STUDY GROUP - 0 Fool

to make theme easy to identify.

If this sounds OK, perhaps just make a post to this thread saying which of the first eight you would like to do. Or any other comments

Blessings ~

Moongold
Top   #9