Daily Readings-What Spread to use?

Joywalker

I was told that by doing daily readings,it helps you to know your cards better as well as to understand/focus your energy daily.Can do it either in the morning or before going to bed.

What are the spreads do you use for your own daily readings?
Thanks! :)

Kazz

Hi Joywalker,
I pull one card in the evening for my next days card. In the mornings (when I get the time) I use an "event of the day" spread, it is 3 cards.........1.......2.......3, But you could also do this in the evening, its entirely up to you

1 - The event about to happen
2 - How I will feel about it
3 - What I can do about it

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

zorya

every morning i do a three card spread, but i do not use any specific set positions. i just lay out the three cards and use my intuition to tell me what they mean. somedays they show me the morning, afternoon and night. sometimes the center is the core issue, sometimes they just read like a story.

i have a lousy memory, if i tried to do my daily reading the night before, i would still have to get out my journal the next morning to see what it said. lol.

i highly recommend journaling every reading.

lawguy51

Tarotphelia's Daily Spread

Here's one that I use when I have the time, developed by Tarotphelia. I'll let her explain.....from a previous thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tarotphelia's Daily Spread
I made up this spread because I was dissatisfied with just one card for a day- I like a spread that gives more specifics.

1. What I should do today.

2. What I shouldn't do today.

3. The Unexpected

4. How can I be happy today?

5. Spiritual Advice

1**************4

2**************5

People not might be comfortable asking for so much direction, but I have found it very useful.

There are sometimes relationships between the positions to watch for. For example, if 4 says you would be happy spending money, but 2 says you should'nt be letting loose of any pentacles , you might reconsider! Especially if the card of the unexpected indicates a pentacle crisis of some kind.

The unexpected & the spiritual advice cards can come in very handy to to tip you off to stressful or nice things coming , and give you a direction for how to deal with them the best way.

If the cards are layed out and seem to have no relation to one another, sometimes it is a general message to be taken as a whole, rather than based on the meanings of the positions.

Tarotphelia

Trogon

Hi Joywalker and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. The layout that I use is a 3-card "pyramid" which I got from http://www.tarotspreads.com/index.ads

1 = Beginning of the day

2 = Peak or main theme of the day

3 = Ending of the day

Though I deal the cards 1-2-3, I usually read them 2-1-3, the "peak" card gives me more insight into how to interpret and put together the other cards.

Joywalker

Thanks for the contribution!

I will add all these daily spreads and more,into my new journal! :)

Keslynn

When I remember to do a daily spread (which isn't very often as of late), I usually just do a one card draw. It's quick and easy and can have a great depth of meaning.

:) Kes

Mystica

I use either a 1, 3, or 5 card spread, depending on how much time I have, or what I feel I need for that day.

Am I the only one who does not have one set routine spread for the day? I probably should settle on spread and follow through every day, but so far that hasn't worked for me...

Trogon

Vianne said:
Am I the only one who does not have one set routine spread for the day? I probably should settle on spread and follow through every day, but so far that hasn't worked for me...

Actually Vianne... (and Joywalker too ;) ), though I didn't mention it in my original reply to this thread. I don't always get around to doing my 3-card daily pyramid spread every day. I usually do my "daily" reading in a rather haphazard fashion. Then I do a 5-card spread once every week or two, to give me a little deeper insight. I do like to do my 3-card daily just as I'm getting ready for my shift at work to give me some insight and to help me prepare for the night.

MoonRoses

Daily Spreads

I was told that a reader should do a daily spread. I like the pymarid spread that I saw here and plan to do it every morning and write it down. My only question is how should I shuffle the deck seperate the deck and choose the cards? I know there are many ways of doing it . I'm looking for the simplest way because I'm a new Reader.

Peace
Moon Roses