"but you've already got a Tarot deck!"

minrice

How funny. Tarot decks are like clothes, the more you have the more options you have! Surely she understands collecting something right? right? Doesn't everyone have something?...

Manda

minrice said:
How funny. Tarot decks are like clothes, the more you have the more options you have! Surely she understands collecting something right? right? Doesn't everyone have something?...

I never did, I was distinctly NOT a collector, of anything, but I may be headed down that path now...

Pomme

I'd like to be *monogamous* with only one deck for my entire life but I'm afraid it's not possible for me.
I am a butterfly which likes to visit another flower, just to see the things differently and it costs me a fortune *sigh*.

SkadisPhoenix

Haha! I was just talking to my fella (mentioned earlier), and told him about this thread. Apparantly while there MAY be spiritual reasons for wanting tarot decks, the main reason I get so many is because I'm a hoarder... *giggles*

I know he has a point, but that amuses me. :D

Simsy

i feel your pain totally

Oh i feel all your pain.

My partner doesnt quite understand how readings works and is rather werided out by all my oracle/tarot decks and psychic development books i have.

I have had to put spending on cards etc on hold until we move back to australia at the end of the year so i am having a withdrawal there are a few decks i want to buy but i cannot get until we have moved :(

Thats the price i pay for having an un-tarot-initated Partner!!!

agh!!!!!!!!!!!!! (runs away screaming!)

Simsy

SkadisPhoenix

Yep, that's how it is with M. I'm pagan, he's Catholic. It's an interesting combination. And according to him, because he's Catholic, he's always right, no matter what the situation. Hasn't he worked out that women are always right, even when they're wrong? ;)

Aaah, the lessons he could learn from tarot. :D

Simsy

SkadisPhoenix said:
Yep, that's how it is with M. I'm pagan, he's Catholic. It's an interesting combination. And according to him, because he's Catholic, he's always right, no matter what the situation. Hasn't he worked out that women are always right, even when they're wrong? ;)

Aaah, the lessons he could learn from tarot. :D

My partner is agnostic and i am pagan (wicca) also... which really makes things more complicated or less complicated i don't really know to be honest.

ive lost track the amount of times my partner has been cynical about the tarot and oracle readings i do on here *shrugs*

Again having a partner who isnt initated into tarot is a pain but thats the way it is really i've learnt to accept it and not force it down his throat as thats not the right way to go about things really

but having said that you are right.. women are always right.. even when they are wrong ;P

:love:

Simsy

ScaryFairy

My parents are EXACTLY the same.

I said to my dad: "there's a new tarot deck I want. Can you please order it from amazon for me if I give you the money?"

"What?" o_O "You already have one. Why do you need another one?"

"Er... because it's pretty?"

I don't get it either :p
I mean, yeah, one tarot deck is all fine and well but sometimes you just want to branch out.

jackdaw*

Sinduction said:
Yeah, my boyfriend says the same thing. Why do you need more?

They just don't get it. :D

Until... I asked him why he needed more than one camera. He shut up right away and hasn't bothered me again!
Hahahahahaha ... Sin, I had the EXACT same conversation with my ex-husband one day!

Grizabella

Oh my gosh, Simsy! Doesn't he know that Tarot decks are twice as expensive in Australia as they are here? If I were you, I'd ditch all the other belongings the two of you have just to be able to have more room to take more Tarot decks back with you. You could make a fortune! Tell him how much they cost over there! Don't let it be a rude awakening for him when he gets back there and has promised you that you can buy some when you get back there. He might change his mind.