Page of Cups & Love

xKam

What are some good interpretations for the Page of Cups and dealing with love or the potential of relationships? I have been searching high and low for a good interpretation of this card and I can't find anything that satisfies what I am looking for. This card has come up quite a few times in a few spreads for myself and a few other people and this card has always been leaving me baffled (and I have checked the Table of Contents that deal with card interpretations and no luck. :()

Any suggestions?

Thirteen

xKam said:
What are some good interpretations for the Page of Cups and dealing with love or the potential of relationships?
Remember that pages represent beginnings and often stand for children. So while this might be a very sweet and pure love, it's also a very immature love. Also, this page is often shown staring into the cup at his reflection, so there's a chance of narcissism.

This card indicates a possible first love, crush, friendship, interest--but you need to be sure that there's a chance that it will develop and mature.

Marcia959

A message of love.

xKam

Thanks so much Thirteen! That's perfect and much more clearer! The other definitions I had found mostly dealt with the personality of the person than it's aspects to certain situations.

And thank you Marcia, I have been reading up that Pages are usually "messages" as well. I like how this delivers into it - if relating to this situation of relationships it could be like a crush/puppy love letter and one of those "Do you like me? Circle Yes or No or Maybe."

littlestar

I think the page of cups can indicate an offer of love or romance, that's very new and fresh.

In the case of yes or no questions with "Do you like me?" and the page of cups were pulled, i would definately see this as a "Yes" but not long term soul mate type of love. Its the kind that's very new and the future is yet to be determined with how far this can go.

xKam

So, it's pretty much a "testing" the waters in that sense then Littlestar. Thank you. :)

There's a glimmer of hope, but things need to progress further for any new news to appear.

Bluezman

Basically just as the others have mentioned. I see the Page of Cups as the immature love, the crush, the baby steps of romance. It reminds me of those high-school crushes/feelings. You're kind of gitty, unsure of how to appeal/approach the other, so you take these baby steps, like saying 'Hi'/'Bye' to eachother, giggling as you walk away, catch eachother looking at eachother in class, etc. You wonder if the other person is interested, and the other person (if they share the PoC towards you) wonders if you're interested. Meanwhile you pull a flower and do the 'She loves me, She Loves Me Not' game :D

I'd also say you'd have to be patient with the Page of Cups and expect a lot of beating around the bush. Between two people who share the PoC, expect a lot of little things that may seem meaningless but they're really not. There may be situations that appear as setbacks, but its really just the other person temporarily running away with their PoC feelings. He/She may say "I'll call you later", but then wont call, because they get scared/nervous as their gitty feelings get in the way. Or, they'll call, it'll be brief, a few minutes, then just as quickly "I gotta go, bye". This'll lead you back to your PoC feelings of uncertainty/unsure if the other person is interested. If both people involved have PoC towards eachother i'd say you can also expect to wonder if the other persons really interested in you, or not (when they are, but you're both just being unsure about it ;) )

CastleRock

Whenever I draw the Page of Cups, I expect to get some sort of message from someone, but it never happens. I'm not sure this Page is about receiving a message. Like Thirteen wrote, it indicates an immature kind of love (or a crush maybe). So I don't see it in a positive way.

Bluezman

" So I don't see it in a positive way. "

I think its a positive card in terms of relationships towards others. It shows that the opportunity is there, but of course nothing is for certain. In the sense of romance, I think the Page of Cups is the seed to which by gentle care and attention, bit by bit, can grow into the seedling (Knight of Cups), and from there if we're talking long term here, King of Cups (the tree).

Not all seeds sprout, though, right? And not all seedlings survive, either, and heck, some trees cant too ;)

Easy way to think of it in that sense.

CastleRock

I'd also say you'd have to be patient with the Page of Cups and expect a lot of beating around the bush. Between two people who share the PoC, expect a lot of little things that may seem meaningless but they're really not. There may be situations that appear as setbacks, but its really just the other person temporarily running away with their PoC feelings. He/She may say "I'll call you later", but then wont call, because they get scared/nervous as their gitty feelings get in the way. Or, they'll call, it'll be brief, a few minutes, then just as quickly "I gotta go, bye". This'll lead you back to your PoC feelings of uncertainty/unsure if the other person is interested. If both people involved have PoC towards eachother i'd say you can also expect to wonder if the other persons really interested in you, or not (when they are, but you're both just being unsure about it ;) )

I just saw this and I can really relate to this interpretation. I never really thought of the PoC in that way. It makes total sense. Thanks for that explanation (and those examples), Bluezman.