First Meeting with Crystal

twinage

Hi, I really wanted to know how all of you get your first crystal. I mean like your feelings when you first touch crystal, etc.

Mine was ordinary but it's really sweet and hilarious every time I remember it lol
Everything because of my first tarot deck which is the only deck I have up until now. In the book, it was written that to cleanse it, there is 3 methods:
1. Put it near window to get sunlight/moonlight (A big NO for this one since no one should know that I use tarot in my life)
2. Using incense (I can't do this too)
3. Rearrange back after using it
4. Use quartz to store with it.

I was thinking to use the 2nd method since it was easier but too tired to rearrange 78 cards every time I use it so I just searching a quartz
But since I can't tell anyone my reason for searching it and I'm not an outgoing person, I have a hard time to search it and it took two months for me to found a crystal shop when holiday to overseas :)

I finally bought 100 grams of clear quartz and was really pleased with it. And because the lady in the store give me more description about other crystal, I'm getting hooked up to get another crystal. But then I have to wait for another couple of months to go to overseas again lol. Also after buying I book of crystal, it almost drive me crazy to buy more!

But know, my crystal collection always grow and grow that it's almost hard to hide anymore but since I started to make jewelry out of crystal, they think the crystal as jewelry supplies and I'm glad they think it like that :) Actually, I started to make jewelry since I don't want them to badmouth my crystal :(

All of this is journey happened about 3 years ago and all of this happened just because a single Mystic Faerie tarot deck which I really love! They really changed me to what I am now.

Well then, I wanted to hear/read all of your stories too!

wildchilde

Hi Twinage! that is a really nice story! thanks so much for sharing. Great that the tarot "introduced" you! :)

Your question really had me thinking because I don't really know when I became involved with crystals. I think they have always been a part of my life...but it was not until last year that I really became aware of how powerful and healing they are. I have always had amethyst around and have carried one of these in my tarot bag for 20+ years so I can relate to your experience.

As far as really getting acquainted though...I obtained some amazing black tourmaline last spring because I really needed it's protective qualities. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and held it in my hand and it is still own of my most favorite stones, and these first pieces in particular because I have found nothing like them since as far as size and shape, etc. From there somehow things just took off and I immediately became hooked on getting to know all crystals and how they work with us and the environment, and in a very short time have amassed a quite sizable collection of healing stones that I use in combination with my reiki work as well as individually. I also started making jewelry for the same purposes that I both wear and sell.

DownwardSpiral

I remember a few years ago starting to get interested in all things psychic. I kept seeing references to amethyst and lapis lazuli to help with developing abilities...of which I had neither : ( That and "the power of crystals" which was an interesting concept. I didn't have a crystal store to go shopping in and was hesitant to buy online. One day I was at Barnes and Noble and saw this crystal box with I'm thinking 10 crystals in it. I didn't even know if the crystals were "real" lol I had to have them. From there I started buying crystals online. Still I didn't really spend time with my crystals. Then last year I was in one of the crystal threads and had mentioned how it would be fun to spend time with the crystals....just to see if they really do what they say they do. The Study Threads were born....and now I'm a believer in crystals. And with that my collection has grown......and if I study one new crystal a week for the rest of the year.....I don't think I'll run out of crystals : )

twinage

Hi Twinage! that is a really nice story! thanks so much for sharing. Great that the tarot "introduced" you! :)

Your question really had me thinking because I don't really know when I became involved with crystals. I think they have always been a part of my life...but it was not until last year that I really became aware of how powerful and healing they are. I have always had amethyst around and have carried one of these in my tarot bag for 20+ years so I can relate to your experience.

As far as really getting acquainted though...I obtained some amazing black tourmaline last spring because I really needed it's protective qualities. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and held it in my hand and it is still own of my most favorite stones, and these first pieces in particular because I have found nothing like them since as far as size and shape, etc. From there somehow things just took off and I immediately became hooked on getting to know all crystals and how they work with us and the environment, and in a very short time have amassed a quite sizable collection of healing stones that I use in combination with my reiki work as well as individually. I also started making jewelry for the same purposes that I both wear and sell.

I'm happy you enjoy reading it :) I also think I may forget how I was introduced to crystal if I don't write it in my journal lol
The clear quartz I have for the first time really have a great impact on me. But the one make me hooked up is just a description for 20 crystal printed in a small paper. I still have that small paper till now, a bit torn here and there. But it's really sweet lol
From that little paper, I search online and finally encourage my self to buy a small handbook of crystal. Glad I buy that book.
But since I'm still a beginner in jewelry, I can only make simple bracelet and such :)

I remember a few years ago starting to get interested in all things psychic. I kept seeing references to amethyst and lapis lazuli to help with developing abilities...of which I had neither : ( That and "the power of crystals" which was an interesting concept. I didn't have a crystal store to go shopping in and was hesitant to buy online. One day I was at Barnes and Noble and saw this crystal box with I'm thinking 10 crystals in it. I didn't even know if the crystals were "real" lol I had to have them. From there I started buying crystals online. Still I didn't really spend time with my crystals. Then last year I was in one of the crystal threads and had mentioned how it would be fun to spend time with the crystals....just to see if they really do what they say they do. The Study Threads were born....and now I'm a believer in crystals. And with that my collection has grown......and if I study one new crystal a week for the rest of the year.....I don't think I'll run out of crystals : )

Wow, I also really interested in amethyst and lapis lazuli for psychic development before. Clear quartz was the one who made me into a crystal believer since it help me to swept all the negative energy that was gathered since I was small. Believe me, I feel like changed into a new person and I started to love crystal so much!

I almost buy some crystal inside a package in a bookstore but luckily I found a crystal shop even if it in overseas and I can only visit it 1-2 times a year :( But it's better than nothing lol. I don't think I have a patience to study one crystal per week especially new crystal always found nowhere.

I really wanted to buy crystal online but don't have paypal :( If anyone can help me buying a crystal, please tell me since I'm now hooked up with one crystal at a certain site

stonesatiety

Who knows which rock I first wondered at as a child? I loved spending hours looking through my rock collection as I grew up. As an adult, the stones returned in a new way when I had two dreams. In the first dream--the rest of which I have forgotten--I heard "Remember white quartz." I woke up laughing, surprised because my dreams tend to be subtle. "Remember white quartz," I said, so that I would remember when I woke up for the day. I went back to sleep and in another dream heard "Learn your lessons well." I woke up laughing even harder. To me, that was like banging a huge gong in my dream! "Okay. Remember white quartz and learn your lessons well," I said. Excitement and joy filled me as I drifted back to sleep.

A few days later I did an Internet search for white quartz and found a tiny amethyst/white quartz crystal on a website in New Zealand. It sparkled and winked. I had never ordered anything overseas online, but I trusted, ordered it and could feel its warm energy through the box when it arrived. I held the little elestial (a crystal that grows beyond standard crystalline structure), feeling its energy. Then I lay down with it on my third eye region feelings its warm energy flow into my head. Wow! I knew I wanted to experience more.

twinage

Who knows which rock I first wondered at as a child? I loved spending hours looking through my rock collection as I grew up. As an adult, the stones returned in a new way when I had two dreams. In the first dream--the rest of which I have forgotten--I heard "Remember white quartz." I woke up laughing, surprised because my dreams tend to be subtle. "Remember white quartz," I said, so that I would remember when I woke up for the day. I went back to sleep and in another dream heard "Learn your lessons well." I woke up laughing even harder. To me, that was like banging a huge gong in my dream! "Okay. Remember white quartz and learn your lessons well," I said. Excitement and joy filled me as I drifted back to sleep.

A few days later I did an Internet search for white quartz and found a tiny amethyst/white quartz crystal on a website in New Zealand. It sparkled and winked. I had never ordered anything overseas online, but I trusted, ordered it and could feel its warm energy through the box when it arrived. I held the little elestial (a crystal that grows beyond standard crystalline structure), feeling its energy. Then I lay down with it on my third eye region feelings its warm energy flow into my head. Wow! I knew I wanted to experience more.

Wow, this is a really nice story! You have proved that your dream bring something good to your life too :)

I never feel a crystal winked at me but sometime I feel their energy pulling me and I can't leave my eyes from them lol.

delizt

when I was eight years old, my grandmother, who had a friend that was a lapidary, gifted me with a jar of tumbled stones! When I shook them out into my palms, I could feel electrical tingles!! It started me on a life-long journey with stones...I still have the few that came in the jar after 40 years....

Without really knowing much about it, I just kept stones as a part of my life...now I'm overflowing, but I instinctively reach for a stone whenever I am stressed...they are all over my house and just feel part of me...

twinage

when I was eight years old, my grandmother, who had a friend that was a lapidary, gifted me with a jar of tumbled stones! When I shook them out into my palms, I could feel electrical tingles!! It started me on a life-long journey with stones...I still have the few that came in the jar after 40 years....

Without really knowing much about it, I just kept stones as a part of my life...now I'm overflowing, but I instinctively reach for a stone whenever I am stressed...they are all over my house and just feel part of me...

What a wonderful childhood story :) And tumbled stone is my first crystal too, except mine not in a jar lol

From your photo in your forum where you sell crystal, I can see so much crystal that I never imagine, I almost thought that it was a photo in a crystal shop, not home!
Oh my, I wish I can buy and place that much crystal at home without people commenting it but feeling peaceful too :D

delizt

thank you twinage, my grandmother was a wonderful woman and I sometimes wonder what she'd think if she saw what her gift of some tumbled stones caused!!! I can't imagine my life without crystals and many people have said my place looks like a New Age Shop, lol

twinage

thank you twinage, my grandmother was a wonderful woman and I sometimes wonder what she'd think if she saw what her gift of some tumbled stones caused!!! I can't imagine my life without crystals and many people have said my place looks like a New Age Shop, lol

Maybe she will be a little shocked, or maybe she already predicted this will happen. We don't know for sure but I'm sure she's happy that you loved her gift :)

I also can't imagine life now with crystal even if my collection maybe only 1/100 of yours lol. Really, if someone new to crystal and he/she visited your house, it will be a very overwhelming but pleasant experience. Oh my, now I wanted to visit your house lol