Slow Holler: New Collaborative Deck

dannyboy8406

Ok...I am loving the look of this deck! And I love the concept of "southern" and/or queer. The artwork looks somewhat similar and at least the colors are unified so the fact that its a collaborative deck doesn't bother me so much. That was one that that really turned me off on the 78 Tarot, it was an awesome concept but all the artwork was just so drastically different, I couldn't see myself being able to connect with some of the cards, but I think this is close enough and with the same color pallet I won't have that problem....shame I missed the kickstarter, but at least the pre-order price is the same! WooHoo!

mydearruby

I still prefer the collective tarot by the same convener...will wait until all the cards come out and perhaps after reading some comments on the cardstock=)

dannyboy8406

I've seen several images of this deck on Facebook lately and I'm starting to get really excited. I can't wait to get my preorder in the mail, they are very close to shipping them out it looks like. Has anyone else ordered this yet or actually received their deck?

FLizarraga

I only ordered the hanky (had to do something for such an amazing project) and got it months ago, so I'm sure the decks should be shipping soon, if they're not shipping already.

officialmothman

I believe they're waiting on the guidebooks right now, according to backer updates on kickstarter. Shouldn't be too much longer! I think they will be roughly on schedule as they originally planned to be sending out deck rewards in November.

They did sell a handful of early release decks to raise money for Charlotte Uprising and I bought one. It's pretty close to perfect, in my opinion. The cardstock is just right--it's smooth and shuffles so easily, thick and sturdy but not too much so. The artwork is gorgeous. While there are some cards I'm not as fond of as others, nothing is a deal breaker or big eyesore. The unified color palette is such a good idea. I know many people dislike collaborative decks because of the disparate art, but having the same colors in each card really draws everything together despite the differences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Achlys

Personally, not my thing.
I'm really not a fan of collaborative decks because although the color palette is the same, the art styles on the cards seem vastly different. It helps to have one theme with the art as well (At the very least, an overall theme such as only art that's Asian inspired, or dragon inspired, etc.) and I don't really see that in this deck.
If there was just a little more cohesiveness in the theme of the art and not just the color palette, I might be interested, but this one will be a pass for me.

Nosgo

Couldn't resist, just ordered mine :D (Damn I wasn't suppose to buy new deck, I don't want to become a collector ahah).

Thank you guys for pointing this one to me!

Sassyinkpen

I've been slightly obsessed with this one for a long time, and I really want to get it...but I don't feel ready for it. I'm still learning, so I decided to focus on decks that follow Rider Waite reasonably closely so there's some familiarity when working with different decks.

I may have to jump on this one, though, and maybe shelve it until I'm ready. All the images I see online really speak to me. It's one of the most compelling decks I've seen.

rwcarter

I may have to jump on this one, though, and maybe shelve it until I'm ready. All the images I see online really speak to me. It's one of the most compelling decks I've seen.
This. As an independently produced deck, it may not be available when you're ready for it. And to obtain a copy you may end up paying many times more for the deck than it costs. Buy it now so you have it when you're ready for it.

Rodney

banbha

I have to have this deck. But I notice in the pre-order it comes with a hankie but no LWB. Since there are some deviations from the traditional (or at least it looks that way) it seems a shame and at such a price nothing is even offered.

They must of had a book when the kickstarter was in place.