Ace of Wands in Yes/No

GoddessArtemis

I read all aces as a "yes"...but recently, have seemed to get Ace of Wands as a "no". Anyone else think the Ace of Wands is a "no" card, as a general rule?

And if you do think so, please share why.

GA

crazy raven

This may not answer your yes/no question. But when I've been repressing a alot of anger or stress and this card shows up ....something in my life just may go utterly out of control ....like a volcano bubbling to the surface...at that moment I feel I have no control, if anything could go wrong, it will. Then it dissipates and I either feel totally wiped out or on a total high.

GoddessArtemis

This may not answer your yes/no question. But when I've been repressing a alot of anger or stress and this card shows up ....something in my life just may go utterly out of control ....like a volcano bubbling to the surface...at that moment I feel I have no control, if anything could go wrong, it will. Then it dissipates and I either feel totally wiped out or on a total high.
Thanks, I can see your point. But my question is more about the general yes/no angle... :)

GA

Amanda

As a general rule, no. I would see the Ace of Wands as a Yes.

kd87

Hi Goddess,

Upright, I have seen this card to represent desires that the sitter is incredibly passionate about, hoping that they will develop. I'm sure sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

This card shows enthusiasm to me...similarly to the fool, you can't achieve anything without the fire, energy and enthusiasm. I see this as potential, but of course it depends on other factors. Just look at other cards to see who, or what, is needed for this ace to manifest.

Hope this helps....at the end of the day though, I don't view it as a no, (maybes rx, but I don't read that way) rather as a possibility because all of the energy surrounding the card.

Amanda

Hope this helps....at the end of the day though, I don't view it as a no, (maybes rx, but I don't read that way) rather as a possibility because all of the energy surrounding the card.

Yes, in Rider-Waite I've seen this card reversed as a "thumbs down". Upright seems like a "thumbs up".

Thirteen

Are you saying that you have removed the Aces, asked a yes/no question, and pulled out one of the Aces to answer that question, or that you've asked a yes/no question, done a spread and gotten the Ace/Wands? :confused:

Amanda

Are you saying that you have removed the Aces, asked a yes/no question, and pulled out one of the Aces to answer that question, or that you've asked a yes/no question, done a spread and gotten the Ace/Wands? :confused:

I thought she meant in general, just looking at the card... if you just look at the card (in my opinion) you get a "thumbs up" which would indicate a "Yes" to me.

CaballoDeCopas

Wouldn't it depend on the question?

Amanda

Wouldn't it depend on the question?

She asked specifically what we thought "as a general rule" about it. First glance, no time to sit and think about it, card by itself with no question in mind- what would you say the Ace of Wands represents? Yes? Or No?