Legacy of the Divine Tarot-Knight of Cups

PAMUYA

I find the Knights in this deck are very dramatic and beautiful. The mask of the Knight of Cups seems intimidating , look how it stirs up the water. The koi on the mask represents love and friendship, but I see turmoil, the two koi facing off. The manta rays appear to be fleeing the mask, the mouths of the two koi taking aim. I don't feel this was Ciro's intent, but my first impressions are hard to shake.

Looking at the symbols, the fish represent emotion, intuition, creativity, freedom from all restraint. The helmet is a symbol of invisibility, power and invulnerability. The water. represents emotions.

As a person this Knight is in touch with his intuition and emotions, and uses this for his own good during his conquests of romance and seduction. This person is a dreamer, prone to wild ideas and flights of fancy. He is a flirt, a born romantic. He believes in his dreams, and his passion for them are his strength.

Direct: Event-Invitations, marriage proposal, start a new relationship, message of love, intuition of dreams. Person-looking ahead/plans, sensitive, wise, easy going, ladies man, charmer, enjoys social life, outgoing, dreamer, romantic, flirt

Reversed: Event-secret or unconventional love, unrequited love, in the closet, misunderstood communication. Person-deceitful schemer, seductive, manipulates emotions, cheating, unwilling to commit, addictions, lacking drive and energy, temperamental.

This Knight is not "talking" to me as of yet, am not "feelin" it. I do know what the Knight of Cups commonly mean, so I rely on that instead of the image on this card. What are your thoughts? I feel lost with this card.

Attachments

• Knight of cups.jpg
    Knight of cups.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 794

Water Lady

thank you for this, it was intereting, I had missed some things.

colinmcq

knight cups

I agree with your deas on that sassy but you have given every eventuality of anthing relating to a relationship, don't know if thats right to me that was a trifle confusing, but yes I agree what you say the card does'nt speak to me either

colinmcq

knight cups

When I look at the card yup I see 2 manta rays, could they not be the male/female representation of a relationship as the water looks a bit turbulent as well as there is stirred waters within a relationship, could be looking for movement within that relationship as the knights some times means movment because of the horse.....

tarotlaura

I usually have such a hard time with the knights but in this deck I am finding it easier. maybe it's the way that Ciro painted the images of the knights that makes them easier to understand for me.

PAMUYA

Tell us Laura what you see in this card?

vectisleaf

Thank you Pamuya for sharing this. Very helpful - and yet you say you feel lost? Of all the Legacy cards I find the Knights the hardest to grasp. Your account has shown me a way to approach the Knights.

FenestraThought

PAMUYA said:
This Knight is not "talking" to me as of yet, am not "feelin" it. I do know what the Knight of Cups commonly mean, so I rely on that instead of the image on this card. What are your thoughts? I feel lost with this card.

I think you're on the right path with this card. I was looking at the card and looked up some of the symbols and I have a few things to add.

1. Is that I've noticed that the Knights let the Animals express themselves, rather then actual people.

*You have 2 Manta Ray and they don't seem to be fighting or in conflict. One seems to be following the other or coming up the "Meet" the other.

*If you are drawn to them in a reading you may se that one is focused on the one in the foreground but that one seems to bee looking straight ahead. Could be pointing out that people with an emotional focus tend to ignore others around them, even if they are Close.

*Manta Ray are placid calm creatures and the spend a lot of time "Still", so that 2 of them are "Moving" says they have a "Reason" to do so. So, Movement with Deliberate Purpose and Intent. These guys are big too, so I would hazard, that once on a path, they tend to see it though.

*They are also at home on the see bed, they are above a reef. I would take this to mean that they are in transition. Moving towards their goals. out of their comfort zone.

*They can also be VERY dangerous if you startle them they have those barbs on their tales. So even though they are a placid creature they are not with out their protection. Emotional people need a lot of "tending" so as not to hurt feelings or get them overly excited....not unlike the Manta Ray

2. The Fish on the Helmet
* If you were inspired to see him negatively, you could say the fish/spirit/disire/driveing force is blinding him (the fin looks like it could be infront of the eye)

* I would add that the Koi also represent Love and are considered to be "powerful" creatures to the Japanese. They see them as symbols of adversity and strength of purpose.

*Notice they are below the eyes, he is seeing through his emotions, allowing them to guide him, to keep focus on his intent.

*on the RWS card it also says that Fish represent the "Spirit". And a lot of people that are emotional, or have an emotional drive to do something, have "Spirit" backing them. Some belief in what they are doing, that drives them. They've rationalized it to themselves....

3. The Helmet. Well it seems like it is diving into the water (the top seems dry). And that isn't Deep water, seems to be above a reef. . . the reef being drawn there has to have a purpose, they could have drawn it in deep water.

*I would say that he is Plunging in a situation like nights do, an emotional one situation/water.

*Its not logical the water is shallow, but we all know you can't really reason with some once they are at the "Knight" level of Emotions and Action.

*There is a great spray of water, so he is Forceful and dynamic. Given the Manta Ray represent his more controlled intent, the Helmet focus on the Power that Emotions can have and how they can be Forceful people in concerns to their desires.

4. It is cloudy in the background, not actually storming, but not sunny either. There are a lot of triggers in this card. So you may be drawn to that while looking at the card:

*A time of emotional turmoil

*Having to follow your emotions, or Trusting your emotional even when logical/sun/light are not always there

*Having faith in your self.

Well this is a Beautiful card and Very interesting. I like the Triggers that it offers. At first I thought it kinda' lack as much personality as some of the other cards, but after REALLY looking a the details I can see a Lot of triggers I would use. Depending on what I was drawn to:
*the way the fish look
*the helmet and how it is moving
*the background (not all the cards are cloudy that why I added it)
*the Manta Ray and how they are acting

Hope that helps some, and if not, it was fun to look at this card any way :).

-as a disclamer I JUST looked this stuff up I am in No way an expert on animal totams-