Tyldwick - Queen of Cups

BodhiSeed

The Queen of Cups is elementally Water of Water - enough to float a barge and enough in which to drown. There are multiple images of this element in the card: the head of Poseidon on the wall (the god of water rules her head and heart), the two dolphin-like fountains and the large pool of water. A magpie sits atop the garden wall, a symbol of omen and prophecy, and indicates this woman's intuitive and empathetic gifts. It's not unusual for her to see a coworker and remark, "Your eyes look so sad. Do you want to talk about what is wrong?" She may have a sudden feeling about someone or something, rush to get where they are, and find that funny feeling helped her avoid a bigger problem or be there at someone's moment of need. Others may think of her as a soft, well-loved quilt that wraps around those who are hurting or scared. She is "The Comforter." Her downside can be seen by the white flowering vines that grow up the columns. This queen can get so involved in situations and people's lives, she becomes entangled and forgets where the boundaries are between her life and someone else. What happens to them feels like it is happening to herself; she soon becomes unbalanced by all the extra emotions, often lashing out in anger or dissolving in a puddle of tears. This emotional sponge needs to be constantly wrung out to make sure the only baggage she's carrying is her own.

http://www.malpertuis.co.uk/2013/

Attachments

• MagpiePoseidon.jpg
    MagpiePoseidon.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 334
  • dolphinfountain.jpg
    dolphinfountain.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 325

AJ

I just read through the site. In the interview he said he least like RWS formula, but in looking through a few scans of the cards it looks RWS to me. Or at least I don't see Crowley all over it.
Did it come with a book?

BodhiSeed

I just read through the site. In the interview he said he least like RWS formula, but in looking through a few scans of the cards it looks RWS to me. Or at least I don't see Crowley all over it.
Did it come with a book?
It doesn't come with a book or a LWB (which is why I started the study :)). I think he meant he didn't care for the artistic style of the RWS rather than the model it is based on. I find this deck to be much more in that camp than the Thoth, though there might be similarities I'm overlooking.

AJ

thanks. I'm reading along with all your blood sweat and tears in this study.
When I grow up I want your brain...

BodhiSeed

thanks. I'm reading along with all your blood sweat and tears in this study.
When I grow up I want your brain...

:p
As I was scanning the Swords suit, I noticed the numbered cards have Marseilles-style pips unobtrusively placed in the background, so perhaps there is a Marseilles influence here.

upawell

:p
As I was scanning the Swords suit, I noticed the numbered cards have Marseilles-style pips unobtrusively placed in the background, so perhaps there is a Marseilles influence here.

Ahh, I was wondering what those symbols were.